Found Deceased MO - John Forsyth, 49, doctor, Mercy ER Clinic, Cassville, 21 May 2023 *car found* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I would have thought, as an ER doc employed at the hospital, all patient medical records would be the property of the hospital. And that’s where they were to be kept. It’s not like he was in private practice.
Maybe I’m misunderstanding what the work related papers are?
Mercy Hospitals are paperless, meaning he wouldn't have hardcopy patient medical records since it's all computer based. Maybe he had a work laptop that could access the hospital system but there's no way he could have actual paper files.

Well ahead of government incentives, Mercy made the strategic decision in 2004 to install Epic EHR software, making it one of the first in the nation to implement a fully integrated electronic patient record system.

As I stated upthread, I really think that the announcement of an impending marriage was in the works throughout her pregnancy. My guess is that he promised her this, as soon as his divorce was finalized.

I do not think that the announcement three days prior has anything to do with pointing towards homicide or suicide. It was just their plan.

As of a few days ago, I was leaning towards 'homicide' based on one simple fact. However, learning a bit more about the 'estate confusion issues', TODAY, I am leaning towards suicide.

Ha! That trickly little needle shivers and wiggles!!

I do feel, if suicide, John would do everything in his power to make it look like homicide.
Primarily, for religious reasons. moo
IIRC, media coverage indicates he became engaged, ie agreed to marry, 3 days prior to his disappearance, but it was not announced. Both the fiance and the pregnancy appear to have been kept secret from family, colleagues, ex-wife, children...and only came to light after he disappeared.

So I wonder, if this was homicide, when was he planning to tell everyone? He didn't have much time if he was going to announce it, and get married, before the baby was born.

JMO

Remember that R has a JD degree - probably learned how to give/take 'interviews.'

Why did he use the word 'physician' rather than 'doctor?'
I haven't listened to all the interviews that Richard gave but in one of them he said "doctor" not "physician". I translated it to meaning physician when I posted about it.

Another source re Dr. John Forsyth U.S. state of birth:
Forsyth was born in Idaho in 1974, according to online records. He was the third of seven children, his sister Gina Forsyth-Farlaino said. He was the father of eight children.

His former wife, who lives in Idaho, was given custody of the couple’s minor children, but John Forsyth continued to have a strong relationship with them, his brother and the woman’s divorce attorney said.

When the medical board investigated the doctor (years ago), he was cited for having medical records in his possession? Was this a common habit of his?
This is the order issued by the Board of Medicine that summarizes the reason Forsyth was disciplined. He treated 2 patients (and wrote prescriptions) and could not provide the board with any records on these patients. Forsyth claimed the records were taken home by a former employee for organizing and then destroyed by a fire at that employees house. All very hinky sounding.

Another source re Dr. John Forsyth U.S. state of birth:
Forsyth was born in Idaho in 1974, according to online records. He was the third of seven children, his sister Gina Forsyth-Farlaino said. He was the father of eight children.

His former wife, who lives in Idaho, was given custody of the couple’s minor children, but John Forsyth continued to have a strong relationship with them, his brother and the woman’s divorce attorney said.

I'm thoroughly confused then.

I was sure I had read here via one of the many MSM links that he was originally from Canada but a dual US/CAN citizen.

This is the order issued by the Board of Medicine that summarizes the reason Forsyth was disciplined. He treated 2 patients (and wrote prescriptions) and could not provide the board with any records on these patients. Forsyth claimed the records were taken home by a former employee for organizing and then destroyed by a fire at that employees house. All very hinky sounding.

Thanks for clarifying. I thought he was in possession of the records.

I was sure I had read here via one of the many MSM links that he was originally from Canada but a dual US/CAN citizen.
Don't be confused. He was born in the states then lived in Canada for some years before returning to the states.

Below according to Richard:
John and Richard Forsyth were among seven siblings in an extended family with more than 100 cousins. The brothers grew up both in southwest Missouri and Alberta, Canada, and had dual American and Canadian citizenship, Richard Forsyth said.

This is why I dismiss reports without links.

___

Place of Birth?
@Ontario Mom I was puzzled too momentarily,
as I distinctly recall reading something (on a WS thread or approved link) about his high school. And I googled HS name w other deets, verified it was in CA. IIRC, in Alberta.
Of course, does not mean he was born in CA.

Regardless... always room for confusing and/or conflicting info,
but not as much as on other websites.
Websleuths :)

FORSYTH’S MEDICAL BACKGROUND​

Online records for the state of Missouri show that Forsyth was licensed as a doctor and surgeon in the state since July 1, 2005 and that his license was active.

He’d been an emergency physician at Mercy Hospital in Cassville for nearly 15 years.

He received his medical degree from Ross University, which is headquartered in Barbados.

Online court records show Forsyth settled a wrongful death lawsuit against him Lawrence County, Missouri, in March 2022, but the settlement terms were confidential.

He was initially named as a defendant in a wrongful death case, also in Lawrence County, in 2006. But he and another doctor were dismissed from the case before a local hospital settled the case for $100,000.

Records show that in August 2015, he agreed to a public reprimand from the state Board of Registration for the Medical Arts for not adequately and completely maintaining records for two patients.

___

If the brother thinks that John was killed, and trying to protect his family from harm, why is he putting himself out there in the media so much? He was in the crypto business with John, he should be afraid for his life if he believes the previous kidnapping story and believes his brother was killed. I, personally, think if any of the nefarious stuff was true, LE would have told the brother he is in danger, or to stop talking to the media.

Online court records show Forsyth settled a wrongful death lawsuit against him Lawrence County, Missouri, in March 2022, but the settlement terms were confidential.
RSBM

Wasn't March 2022 about the same time he was allegedly kidnapped?

Maybe a coincidence.

JMO

ETA - I recall the kidnapping was February 2022??

Last edited:

Ohh because he was prescribing weight loss stuff - HCG and Phentermine. It's not like he called in a round of antibiotics or prednisone for one of his kids.

My dad used to dutifully keep paper charts on my mom, my sister, and I when he left private practice. Apparently at the time (late 1990s, early 2000s) in Texas this was a legal requirement. But he would have never prescribed anything hardcore like HCG or Phentermine. I can see how that would be a red flag, esp if he was an ER doc. Obviously weight loss is not an emergency condition and I'd reckon that he wrote them for friends or family.

If the brother thinks that John was killed, and trying to protect his family from harm, why is he putting himself out there in the media so much? He was in the crypto business with John, he should be afraid for his life if he believes the previous kidnapping story and believes his brother was killed. I, personally, think if any of the nefarious stuff was true, LE would have told the brother he is in danger, or to stop talking to the media.
There have been many cases where LE has used the family to draw suspects out through the media. IMO, speaking to the media does not necessarily add danger to himself. The suspect would still have to physically find the brother, who could be staying at a secure location, etc.

Online records for the state of Missouri show that Forsyth was licensed as a doctor and surgeon in the state since July 1, 2005 and that his license was active.

He’d been an emergency physician at Mercy Hospital in Cassville for nearly 15 years.

He received his medical degree from Ross University, which is headquartered in Barbados.

He was initially named as a defendant in a wrongful death case, also in Lawrence County, in 2006. But he and another doctor were dismissed from the case before a local hospital settled the case for $100,000.

Records show that in August 2015, he agreed to a public reprimand from the state Board of Registration for the Medical Arts for not adequately and completely maintaining records for two patients.

___
Had not heard of Ross U so looked it up. So it appeals to students who have low grades and can't get into US med schools, according to this site, FWIW. Saw a few others sites who basically reiterated the same type of review. Why go to Barbados when you live in the US and we have countless med schools?

Just wondering if he wasn't super skilled at what he did, and he had something pending against him we're not aware of?

___
I missed that he was a surgeon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StacyStacyStacy