Found Deceased MO - John Forsyth, 49, doctor, Mercy ER Clinic, Cassville, 21 May 2023 *car found* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Had not heard of Ross U so looked it up. So it appeals to students who have low grades and can't get into US med schools, according to this site, FWIW. Saw a few others sites who basically reiterated the same type of review. Why go to Barbados when you live in the US and we have countless med schools?

Just wondering if he wasn't super skilled at what he did, and he had something pending against him we're not aware of?
I can think of many reasons to go to school in Barbados... He was adventurous and wanted to see different parts of the world. He was tired of the cold weather and wanted a warmer climate for a while. Barbados is beautiful. A friend was going so he went too. There could be a myriad of reasons that are not negative as well.

I can think of many reasons to go to school in Barbados... He was adventurous and wanted to see different parts of the world. He was tired of the cold weather and wanted a warmer climate for a while. Barbados is beautiful. A friend was going so he went too. There could be a myriad of reasons that are not negative as well.
There are definitely a lot of reasons. There are several Caribbean Universities. Perhaps he previously did a mission there? Perhaps he was an "average" candidate when applying to Med school and had limited options. It is also possible a Mormon Ward could sponsor him during the time there.

There are definitely a lot of reasons. There are several Caribbean Universities. Perhaps he previously did a mission there? Perhaps he was an "average" candidate when applying to Med school and had limited options. It is also possible a Mormon Ward could sponsor him during the time there.
I would not be surprised to hear JF had spent time in Barbados.

Members of the LDS Church are encouraged to serve a mission, typically six to 24 months long.
LDS has had a Mission House in Barbados since 1979.

JMO

Ohh because he was prescribing weight loss stuff - HCG and Phentermine. It's not like he called in a round of antibiotics or prednisone for one of his kids.

My dad used to dutifully keep paper charts on my mom, my sister, and I when he left private practice. Apparently at the time (late 1990s, early 2000s) in Texas this was a legal requirement. But he would have never prescribed anything hardcore like HCG or Phentermine. I can see how that would be a red flag, esp if he was an ER doc. Obviously weight loss is not an emergency condition and I'd reckon that he wrote them for friends or family.
Exactly- "It's not like he called in a round of antibiotics or prednisone for one of his kids." Someone posted earlier that this appeared to be a set up as evidenced by the fact that both patients were seen the same day (and some other reasons that I can't remember). I took it to mean that authorities were tipped off to the fact that Dr. F had a reputation for irregular practices. He was caught for 2 patients but it seems doubtful that this was the only time he had ever done this. The idea that an employee brought home the patient records and informed consent(s) and these were destroyed by fire is laughable.

I missed that he was a surgeon.
I think that "physician and surgeon" is a term of art that refers to someone who has graduated from medical school and had graduate medical training (an internship or residency, fellowship). It doesn't mean you are a surgeon. According to the Missouri Division of Professional Registration, under the category Medical Physician and Surgeon, Dr. Forsyth's license only shows that he has board certification in "Family Practice". Nothing indicates that he was trained as a surgeon.

1687059248363.png

Plan to Marry? When?
IIRC, media coverage indicates he became engaged, ie agreed to marry, 3 days prior to his disappearance, but it was not announced. Both the fiance and the pregnancy appear to have been kept secret from family, colleagues, ex-wife, children...and only came to light after he disappeared.
So I wonder, if this was homicide, when was he planning to tell everyone? He didn't have much time if he was going to announce it, and get married, before the baby was born. JMO
@Cedars Thanks for your post, which puzzled me too about possible timing: announcement, ceremony, baby’s birth, planned in what order?

Compare sequence of the two Dis/Mar.’s proceedings:
April 29, 2019,* Dr F. filed D/M petition: D/M decree was issued June 4, approx. ONE MONTH later.
April 12, 2022** Dis/Mar. petition was filed by then-wife; some delays ensued. Did anyone involved imagine that the D/M decree would not be issued until May 10, 2023, approx. ELEVEN MONTHS later?

If fiancée was 8 months pregnant (per MSM report, a wk. or two ago), then seems conception occurred after D/M petition #2 was filed.

Did he intend to marry BEFORE the baby's birth? Has the fiancée made any stmts? Her plans? The same?

Regardless of MoD, tragic for former wife and fiancée, and the children. Not to mention all the other family. I just cannot imagine. :-(

bringing forward a link to @gliving 's post, which linked the radio interview with RF:

Found Deceased - MO - John Forsyth, 49, doctor, Mercy ER Clinic, Cassville, 21 May 2023 *car found*

Elijah Haahr Show

Notes I made on this particular telling by Richard:

- Cassville Hospital security called (who? the fiance? Richard?) at 8pm to say JF didn't show up for his 7pm shift and asked permission to check the RV
- Cassville Hospital's head of security was the one who checked out the RV after JF didn't show up for his evening shift.
- His RV was found unlocked. His cell phones were there but his laptop wasn't.
- Security video from the park shows JF arriving at 7:12. (That's very shortly after he left work.)
- 3 minutes later the white SUV pulls up next to his car. There was no "human interaction".
- 3 minutes later the SUV leaves.
- 10 to 15 minutes later a person who looks like JF gets out of his car; walks around, and then leaves on foot.
- in the car: his wallet, including his driver's license, his US passport (but not his Canadian passport or Indigenous sovereign nation ID - each of which allow him to cross the border) and his RV keys. (I didn't hear him mention the laptop being in the car.)
- Police have been able to get inside of JF's phone(s)
- RJ is not frustrated with LE and the job they are doing

I would have thought, as an ER doc employed at the hospital, all patient medical records would be the property of the hospital. And that’s where they were to be kept. It’s not like he was in private practice.
Maybe I’m misunderstanding what the work related papers are?

MOD NOTE: Quoted post appears to have been deleted if you click to go to it, but that's because I made a giant mess while opening the new thread. That post is available here: Found Deceased - MO - John Forsyth, 49, doctor, Mercy ER Clinic, Cassville, 21 May 2023 *car found* #2. Sorry about that. (Knitty)

Before hospitals went 100% electronic, it was common for doctors to take patient notes home to complete them and return to the hospital. Even now that medical records are electronic, they're allowed to do that. This is/was legal, as long as it's kept safe and secure. In fact, many hospitals give doctors a laptop or allow them to access the electronic medical record from their home laptops to complete records and many providers carry those laptops back and forth to work, so that's what they could be referring to.

Keep in mind, these aren't always appointment/encounter notes. Sometimes it's hard copy disability paperwork that takes too long to complete in the office, return-to-work letters, medical clearances, letters of recommendation for medical students applying to residency, residency evals for residents under your supervision.

That said, it's a little trickier with ER docs because notes are supposed to be done in real time since you're dealing with presumed emergencies and ER docs certainly aren't doing disability or return-to-work paperwork. But it could have been a few of the other things I mentioned or something related.

Additionally, if he was doing any research, there could be research data in his briefcase and that's what's being referred to.

Before hospitals went 100% electronic, it was common for doctors to take patient notes home to complete them and return to the hospital. Even now that medical records are electronic, they're allowed to do that. This is/was legal, as long as it's kept safe and secure. In fact, many hospitals give doctors a laptop or allow them to access the electronic medical record from their home laptops to complete records and many providers carry those laptops back and forth to work, so that's what they could be referring to.

Keep in mind, these aren't always appointment/encounter notes. Sometimes it's hard copy disability paperwork that takes too long to complete in the office, return-to-work letters, medical clearances, letters of recommendation for medical students applying to residency, residency evals for residents under your supervision.

That said, it's a little trickier with ER docs because notes are supposed to be done in real time since you're dealing with presumed emergencies and ER docs certainly aren't doing disability or return-to-work paperwork. But it could have been a few of the other things I mentioned or something related.

Additionally, if he was doing any research, there could be research data in his briefcase and that's what's being referred to.

IIRC it was not J who took the records home -- it was someone else who took them to their home (supposedly!). Note that the complaint includes that he did not co-operate with the investigation.

That's kinda weird we do have treaty cards here if you have status but they are Canada wide your parents must have status for you to receive and only good for land travel across the border .I've never heard of a sovereign nation card,my children are Metis their cards are no good at borders jmoo
I can jump in here. He became close friends with a tribe in Canada, when he was a missionary there. They granted him the card. He was proud of that card (he showed it to me once). I learned that he still kept in contact with a particular family there.

bringing forward a link to @gliving 's post, which linked the radio interview with RF:

Found Deceased - MO - John Forsyth, 49, doctor, Mercy ER Clinic, Cassville, 21 May 2023 *car found*

Elijah Haahr Show

Notes I made on this particular telling by Richard:

- Cassville Hospital security called (who? the fiance? Richard?) at 8pm to say JF didn't show up for his 7pm shift and asked permission to check the RV
- Cassville Hospital's head of security was the one who checked out the RV after JF didn't show up for his evening shift.
- His RV was found unlocked. His cell phones were there but his laptop wasn't.
- Security video from the park shows JF arriving at 7:12. (That's very shortly after he left work.)
- 3 minutes later the white SUV pulls up next to his car. There was no "human interaction".
- 3 minutes later the SUV leaves.
- 10 to 15 minutes later a person who looks like JF gets out of his car; walks around, and then leaves on foot.
- in the car: his wallet, including his driver's license, his US passport (but not his Canadian passport or Indigenous sovereign nation ID - each of which allow him to cross the border) and his RV keys. (I didn't hear him mention the laptop being in the car.)
- Police have been able to get inside of JF's phone(s)
- RJ is not frustrated with LE and the job they are doing
Sorry to sound like a broken record but I'm still a little confused about that indigenous ID.
From all accounts, Dr. Forsyth was born in the US.
Even if he later became a Canadian citizen, he's still not native Canadian so he wouldn't qualify for what is called the Indian Status Card. I've never heard of an "Indigenous sovereign nation ID" so that has to be something different.

I can jump in here. He became close friends with a tribe in Canada, when he was a missionary there. They granted him the card. He was proud of that card (he showed it to me once). I learned that he still kept in contact with a particular family there.
Thank you for clearing that up. I had no idea a tribe could do that, I was under the impression it had to be done through Indigenous Services Canada.

Thank you for clearing that up. I had no idea a tribe could do that, I was under the impression it had to be done through Indigenous Services Canada.
I’m afraid I don’t know how it’s given. All I know is that he got one from the tribe, who told him he always would have a place with them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StacyStacyStacy
Back