Found Deceased MO - John Forsyth, 49, doctor, Mercy ER Clinic, Cassville, 21 May 2023 *car found* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
FBI Has "Not Reached Out"?
snipped for focus c @MSCJgrad @Brown bear

This case:
We need to keep in mind --- initially & for about 8 or 9 days, this was a MO. MisPers case (Cassville PD; Barry Co. Sheriff's Ofc). Did not become a death investigation, until remains were located in Benton Co. AR, and then Benton County Sheriff began investigating. Autopsy was conducted in AR.
Was JK kidnapped and transported across st. lines, at which point FBI might have authority to investigate as a fed crime? IDK. No official 'kidnapped' finding has been publicly released by any LE force afaik.

Just speaking gen'ly:
In investigating state crimes, local & st. LE agencies may request FBI's assistance, commonly services of the FBI Lab, such as DNA testing, hair analysis, bullet & gun analysis, etc.*
FBI also analyzes data from computers, phones, other electronic devices for local LE''s crim. investigations. Also cell tower data, etc. As @Cedars noted. :)

Some support services may be provided by partly or entirely by FBI personnel working remotely at Quantico or somewhere other than crime locale. When providing these kinds of support services, FBI may have no or little presence locally.
IOW, possibly no FBI Boots-on-the-Ground, possibly no interviews w family or potential witnesses, so FBI could be virtually invisible to JF's family.

Again speaking gen'ly, as IDK what brother Richard said specifically re FBI in the podcast.

ETA: added footnotes.

See also Federal Bureau of Investigation - Wikipedia

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip - quoted post was off topic>
A close relative said to me today he thought this must be a homicide, otherwise LE wouldn’t be spending so much time and money. Not necessarily, I see.

By the way, LE interviews of family members are still being conducted, which I probably don’t need to mention because you all probably would assume that. You all know way more about how investigations work than I do.

Thank you for this. A close relative said to me today he thought this must be a homicide, otherwise LE wouldn’t be spending so much time and money. Not necessarily, I see.

By the way, LE interviews of family members are still being conducted, which I probably don’t need to mention because you all probably would assume that. You all know way more about how investigations work than I do.

Actually, my post was much longer but deleted deciding on basic info. So, you’re correct in that I’m very familiar with all the details. It’s possible there’s a support resource from that case to provide family guidance on lessons learned. Many years ago, my family suffered painful abduction and loss of my Aunt that lingered for nearly 20 years waiting for answers- so long that when finally arrested suspect had a heart and died while in jail awaiting trial- her body was never recovered. Experience of failures in LE and justice system motivated me to Criminal Justice, BA and that plus brief period with US Marshals right out of college opened my eyes to reality and ultimately to legal career in banking and financial institution but eventually made peace with the loss. Anyway, I’ve rambled enough just don’t give up on search for the answers that offers peace, the truth may not even be obtainable. Continue to keep you and family in prayers for strength and guidance.

Last edited:
MOD NOTE:

Reminder that Fox News is not an approved source, per Tricia.

Questions for moderators should be submitted by reporting on any post rather than asking on the thread.

<modsnip - no link to an approved source for quotes>

What if the next witness LE interviews leads to five verrry unhappy people who lost $$$ in real estate deals gone bad w JF, people & deals previously unknown to LE? And in interviewing one of them, LE learns of ___ (a stalker, or someone w a big beef w JF). <--- Imaginative, fanciful possibilities? Yes, absolutely.

Many of us can think of cases where a single, seemingly insignificant comment in an LE interview or the discovery of an seemingly unremarkable physical item sends detectives off in an entirely new direction to a previously unknown person as a suspect, later arrested, tried, and convicted. Or to someone close to the deceased.

Not saying any of the above is likely. Maybe lottery jackpot odds. IDK.
Not saying anything negative about the LE agencies involved.
Not speculating about JF's MoD, not saying it was/was not homicide. IDK.
I don't know what I don't know.

LE has tons more info than we (the gen public) have ATM.
<modsnip - no link to approved source for quotes>

<modsnip - quoted post was off topic>
A close relative said to me today he thought this must be a homicide, otherwise LE wouldn’t be spending so much time and money. Not necessarily, I see.

share anything you feel comfortable sharing. i don't know anything about this process. :)

You are not alone. I wouldn’t accept suicide as a resolution either, it just makes no sense to me. I was asking about the FBI because his brother mentioned it in the podcast, and said they hadn’t reached out to anyone.
my sincere condolences to you and to your family. I cannot imagine such a tragedy.
Suicide doesn't make sense to me, either, due to the fact that he was killed by a gunshot wound AND his body was discovered in a lake. We could theorize as to how he could shoot himself while in the lake, but IMHO, the more likely possibility is that someone shot him and put his body in the lake, hoping that he would never be found. But I could be wrong, and we have seen some strange cases here on WS. I also extend my heartfelt condolences to the family and friends on their profound loss.

This man was extreme in life and - in my view - extreme in death.
The progeny, the faith, the secrets, the crypto, the living in the parking lot, the massive alimony, the Canada, the Caribbean, the … nothing about this man was conventional.
His death was unconventional, which is not surprising, but that said, it’s more; his death was - if it was self-inflicted, and in my personal opinion it probably was - theatrical. Dramatic. Wading into the big lake with the gun after a long ride; leaving the car behind as he did (on video). Mysterious. Unusual. With respect to victim friendliness: this was a man who would’ve considered calling out his edge-case nature to be flattery at its finest.
This was not a man who was interested in a run-of-the-mill experience.

I hope his ex is OK. Seven kids to explain all this to.
Warmest T&Ps.

The unreported kidnapping and secretive fiancée all seem shady to me. I wonder if any illegal drug activity was ever involved? JMO

I agree. IF the kidnapping actualy happened, illegal activity will be at the heart of it. But I am *highly* suspicious that it actually happened and that anyone knew of it before he went missing.

IMHO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goldengoose1997
Back