Found Deceased MO - John Forsyth, 49, doctor, Mercy ER Clinic, Cassville, 21 May 2023 *car found* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The immediate family members believe it was homicide and that it was crypto related. Since Richard helped his brother in developing a crypto business, and if the crypto-related theory is true, it seemed logical by some that Richard could also be a target. Therefore, commentators were suspicious of Richard’s lack of concern for his own safety (implying Richard is a suspect in foul play).

I could be wrong, but I don’t believe Richard feels like he’s in danger. I think he’s anxious for LE to give clues as to where their investigation is going. Closure (whatever that means) is hard to come by.
I'm curious if the family has any ideas about a motive?
I know nothing about crypto and I prefer to keep it that way for my own sanity but I can imagine if someone invested then lost their money, that might be a motive?

I believe that some doctors resort to drugs to get through their long hours? So could the 2 cars meeting at an isolated place have been a drug deal? If so, the 15 minutes JF remained in his car could be because he was taking the drug. JMO
I believe the commentary about the security camera footage was that Johnny (or someone fitting his description) walked around outside the car for 10-15 minutes before walking out of view.

This man was extreme in life and - in my view - extreme in death.
The progeny, the faith, the secrets, the crypto, the living in the parking lot, the massive alimony, the Canada, the Caribbean, the … nothing about this man was conventional.
His death was unconventional, which is not surprising, but that said, it’s more; his death was - if it was self-inflicted, and in my personal opinion it probably was - theatrical. Dramatic. Wading into the big lake with the gun after a long ride; leaving the car behind as he did (on video). Mysterious. Unusual. With respect to victim friendliness: this was a man who would’ve considered calling out his edge-case nature to be flattery at its finest.
This was not a man who was interested in a run-of-the-mill experience.

I hope his ex is OK. Seven kids to explain all this to.
Warmest T&Ps.
He left his car in a different state more than an hours drive from the lake he died in. I don't see how that would be something he managed to do alone. How do you suppose he did that?

The immediate family members believe it was homicide and that it was crypto related. Since Richard helped his brother in developing a crypto business, and if the crypto-related theory is true, it seemed logical by some that Richard could also be a target. Therefore, commentators were suspicious of Richard’s lack of concern for his own safety (implying Richard is a suspect in foul play).

I could be wrong, but I don’t believe Richard feels like he’s in danger. I think he’s anxious for LE to give clues as to where their investigation is going. Closure (whatever that means) is hard to come by.
@Brown bear , do you have any insight to give on the crypto motivation for homicide?

From Johnny [1, 2] & Richards interviews about Onfo, it was a philanthropic effort that required nobody giving them money. You simply sign up, sign up friends, and get Onfo. No one lost a fortune giving it to Onfo because by their claims you simply can't do it. So, where's the motive for a murder?

Sure, you could convert your onfo into bitcoin by selling them back to Onfo. Or, you could take your onfo to one of the exchanges that Onfo used to partner with and convert to cash. Granted, there were loads of issues with the exchanges. But still, Onfo was apparently not taking anyones cash and running in any of these situations, and Onfo is still chugging along.

So, @Brown bear , do the immediate family members believe it is Onfo related? Or related to the fact that Johnny had a lot of crypto and someone might want to kill for it? Or something else crypto related?

He left his car in a different state more than an hours drive from the lake he died in. I don't see how that would be something he managed to do alone. How do you suppose he did that?
I suspect that we may never know. From the standpoint of foul play, would be a strange decision to drive him that far to shoot him in a body of water where he’d readily be found. Many unanswered questions in any imaginable scenario.

I suspect that we may never know. From the standpoint of foul play, would be a strange decision to drive him that far to shoot him in a body of water where he’d readily be found. Many unanswered questions in any imaginable scenario.
It might be a strange decision, but seems more fitting of it being along the lines of what someone covering up for murder would do. It seems more likely that would be the case in my opinion than a suicidal person walking almost 9 hours away from their car to take their own life.

@Brown bear , do you have any insight to give on the crypto motivation for homicide?

From Johnny [1, 2] & Richards interviews about Onfo, it was a philanthropic effort that required nobody giving them money. You simply sign up, sign up friends, and get Onfo. No one lost a fortune giving it to Onfo because by their claims you simply can't do it. So, where's the motive for a murder?

Sure, you could convert your onfo into bitcoin by selling them back to Onfo. Or, you could take your onfo to one of the exchanges that Onfo used to partner with and convert to cash. Granted, there were loads of issues with the exchanges. But still, Onfo was apparently not taking anyones cash and running in any of these situations, and Onfo is still chugging along.

So, @Brown bear , do the immediate family members believe it is Onfo related? Or related to the fact that Johnny had a lot of crypto and someone might want to kill for it? Or something else crypto related?

As far as I know, although Onfo gave away their coins for referrals, it was also tradeable just like any other cryptocurrency. So you could indeed lose money on it just like you can lose money trading Bitcoin.

Many new coins (ICOs in crypto terminology) are basically pump-and-dump schemes. The insiders try to build excitement and boost the price of the coin. Once the price is inflated all the insiders sell leaving those still invested with the inevitable losses.

Since Onfo never took off, there may have been insiders who were financing the offering that lost money on the venture. Whether or not that would have led to murder, I can't say.

Last edited:
I think LE will be able to figure out at least homicide vs suicide. Solving a homicide is a different issue.

In my opinion, lack of any recent update is due to change in jurisdiction with body and therefore assuming crime took place in another state, the investigation was transferred to that local LE. Also, it’s possible that because news agency there doesn’t have the influence of personal or emotional connection from the community, it’s not motivated to aggressively pursue new information on case.

It might be a strange decision, but seems more fitting of it being along the lines of what someone covering up for murder would do. It seems more likely that would be the case in my opinion than a suicidal person walking almost 9 hours away from their car to take their own life.
I agree with you. I highly doubt he walked nine hours to do that to himself.

I’m in the dark on this. I haven’t heard anything evidence-wise on the crypto-link theory, or if a motive might be specific to Onfo. Could be there’s evidence and I’m just not in the loop. Or it could be that this line of reasoning is simply the only one that makes any sense to the immediate family.

Once it is ruled a homicide, I believe there will be an arrest related to the crypto business. The location of his body was too remote from his car as mentioned upthread, and I believe his death is related to someone wanting access to his personal key to his crypto wallet or perhaps would already have access to the key and now have the crypto. MOO.

This article states that police do not suspect foul play.

That is not exactly what the article states. You have to read the last two paragraphs together. The way it is written, they did not suspect foul play while searching the area surrounding the park. The death investigation is ingoing.
It is easy to take one statement out of context when things are written like this article. BBM

Several law enforcement agencies, including the Missouri State Highway Patrol, searched about a 9-mile radius around the park using people, dogs, and drones. Police did not believe foul play was suspected.

Investigators say a kayaker found the body of Dr. John Forysth on May 30 in the water near the bank of Beaver Lake across from the Lost Bridge South area near Rogers, Ark. This case is still under investigation.

I believe that some doctors resort to drugs to get through their long hours? So could the 2 cars meeting at an isolated place have been a drug deal? If so, the 15 minutes JF remained in his car could be because he was taking the drug. JMO

they said there was no interaction between the drivers if I remember correctly

I agree with you. I highly doubt he walked nine hours to do that to himself.
I don’t doubt it at all. This was not a moderate vanilla man. This was a man who had missions in mind, sometimes difficult missions, his entire life - and he regularly achieved them. MOO I think this will be ruled in a way that will not satisfy the family (understandably) but will be scientifically clear.

Please do not let this confuse you. Ignore it if it does. This guy's YTs are acceptable at WS. I thought it was interesting enough to post here while we're waiting on the AR.

GrayHughes has a video about Dr Forsyth. GH has the interaction between the doctor's car and the white vehicle at a different location at the Aquatic Center in the beginning of their encounter. According to GH:

After the two vehicles meet a few minutes in the parking lot; one departs, one, the Dr., walks around and out of sight, then some time later, the doctor's car is discovered behind the fence.

In this SS, taken at 01:32:15, GH has yellow pins marking the parking lot spaces where he says the doctor and the other vehicle parked that morning shortly after 7. The road leading to the compost behind the fence is barely visible in the bottom left corner of the SS. It's a 3 hour video that I've not finished yet. (GH's using google earth so ignore the parked cars as they were not present during the episode at the Park with Dr.)
Screenshot 2023-06-25 7.57.50 PM.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08
Back