Found Deceased MO - John Forsyth, 49, doctor, Mercy ER Clinic, Cassville, 21 May 2023 *car found* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Please do not let this confuse you. Ignore it if it does. This guy's YTs are acceptable at WS. I thought it was interesting enough to post here while we're waiting on the AR.

GrayHughes has a video about Dr Forsyth. GH has the interaction between the doctor's car and the white vehicle at a different location at the Aquatic Center in the beginning of their encounter. According to GH:

After the two vehicles meet a few minutes in the parking lot; one departs, one, the Dr., walks around and out of sight, then some time later, the doctor's car is discovered behind the fence.

In this SS, taken at 01:32:15, GH has yellow pins marking the parking lot spaces where he says the doctor and the other vehicle parked that morning shortly after 7. The road leading to the compost behind the fence is barely visible in the bottom left corner of the SS. It's a 3 hour video that I've not finished yet. (GH's using google earth so ignore the parked cars as they were not present during the episode at the Park with Dr.)
View attachment 431086

Thanks for the link. I don't have 3 hours of free time to watch the video, however.

When I looked at this on google maps, it seemed to me that the fence behind which the car was parked was a long way away from the aquatic center (a baseball field and two soccer fields away). I was wondering how a video camera would pick that up. The area where I believed the car was found is also accessible from another road which doesn't pass by aquatic center.

Was his car moved and not caught on video? Or does LE not want us to know yet what happened with the car.

This is one of those cases where it feels like LE "knows" what happened but has a few pieces of the puzzle to fill in.

Please do not let this confuse you. Ignore it if it does. This guy's YTs are acceptable at WS. I thought it was interesting enough to post here while we're waiting on the AR.

GrayHughes has a video about Dr Forsyth. GH has the interaction between the doctor's car and the white vehicle at a different location at the Aquatic Center in the beginning of their encounter. According to GH:

After the two vehicles meet a few minutes in the parking lot; one departs, one, the Dr., walks around and out of sight, then some time later, the doctor's car is discovered behind the fence.

In this SS, taken at 01:32:15, GH has yellow pins marking the parking lot spaces where he says the doctor and the other vehicle parked that morning shortly after 7. The road leading to the compost behind the fence is barely visible in the bottom left corner of the SS. It's a 3 hour video that I've not finished yet. (GH's using google earth so ignore the parked cars as they were not present during the episode at the Park with Dr.)
View attachment 431086

You've missed the part where he says "I'm just guessing at the spot here." Those pins are nothing but that youtubers assumptions.

That youtuber also does not claim to have any video. <modsnip - GH said it's rumor, and rumor can't be discussed here> Yet the youtuber places the pins in that parking lot.

That entire video is speculation.

Last edited by a moderator:
MOD NOTE:

GH is indeed an approved source. He often is able to find and vet sources before mainstream media does, and when he does, we allow discussion of information from that.

In this case, he has received an email with a lot of information that he is NOT able to vet, and he says this is rumor, don't count on it, etc.

The email and the information contained within are off limits here unless/until he or mainstream media vets it as fact.

You've missed the part where he says "I'm just guessing at the spot here." Those pins are nothing but that youtubers assumptions.

That youtuber also does not claim to have any video. <modsnip - GH said it's rumor, and rumor can't be discussed here> Yet the youtuber places the pins in that parking lot.

That entire video is speculation.
GH is kind of all over the place here, and hard to follow him. IMO
As you say, speculation.

Foul Play. Does LE Believe or Suspect? Or Not?
This article states that police do not suspect foul play.
@Teche Thanks for your post but respectfully disagreeing.

Post says "police do not suspect foul play" using present tense.
That MISQUOTES article which says "police did not believe" using past tense.
Two different stmts. As an an investigation progresses, an LE agency can change its collective mind about whether death likely involves foul play. But which LE? See #2.

The sentence preceding the above included "Several law enforcement agencies, including the Missouri State Highway Patrol, searched..." Then says "Police believe..."

FIVE LE agencies (or more?) have participated in this MisPers case-turned-death investigation:
Benton County AR. Sheriff's office, Cassville PD, Barry County Sheriff's office, MO. State Highway Patrol, & FBI.

This story does not specify which LEO or LE agency and does not specify WHEN the stmt was made.

I find it difficult to give such a general stmt much weight, one way or the other. But jmo.

@megs1477 . Agreeing w your post made earlier today.

Last edited:
Foul Play. Does LE Believe or Suspect? Or Not?

@Teche Thanks for your post but respectfully disagreeing.

Post says "police do not suspect foul play" using present tense.
That MISQUOTES article which says "police did not believe" using past tense.
Two different stmts. As an an investigation progresses, an LE agency can change its collective mind about whether death likely involves foul play. But which LE? See #2.

The sentence preceding the above included "Several law enforcement agencies, including the Missouri State Highway Patrol, searched..." Then says "Police believe..."

FIVE LE agencies (or more?) have participated in this MisPers case-turned-death investigation:
Benton County AR. Sheriff's office, Cassville PD, Barry County Sheriff's office, MO. State Highway Patrol, & FBI.

This story does not specify which LEO or LE agency and does not specify WHEN the stmt was made.

I find it difficult to give such a general stmt much weight, one way or the other. But jmo.

@megs1477 . Agreeing w your post made earlier today.

Hello, I joined just for this thread. I am from the Cassville area and wanted to offer any local answers I could. I have spent plenty of time at the Cassville hospital (8 kiddos worth), including some visits where Dr Forsyth was the er doc on duty over the past few years. I know you have Brown Bear helping with family pov, but thought location info might help also.

Hello, I joined just for this thread. I am from the Cassville area and wanted to offer any local answers I could. I have spent plenty of time at the Cassville hospital (8 kiddos worth), including some visits where Dr Forsyth was the er doc on duty over the past few years. I know you have Brown Bear helping with family pov, but thought location info might help also.
He left his car in a different state more than an hours drive from the lake he died in. I don't see how that would be something he managed to do alone. How do you suppose he did that?
Just curious if I missed the part confirming he died in the lake. It has been a local debate

Just curious if I missed the part confirming he died in the lake. It has been a local debate
That's a really good question. Found deceased in the lake doesn't mean he actually died there.
I haven't been able to follow very closely but I don't think LE has really disclosed much.

jmo

We appreciate anything local. Thank you very much for joining in.

Thank you for joining Websleuths, as well as this thread for JF.

I have a location question for you: the place where his body was found, would someone need a park pass to get into that area? Or is that lake in a location that anyone could access?

Gray Hughes Podcast. Revelations?
Thanks for the link. I don't have 3 hours of free time to watch the video, however....
snipped for focus. @Wallendo Yes, a three hour podcast w NO minute markers GRR :-( GRR or names indexed for the different cases he talked about (not that I could see, but could have overlooked it). Anyway fast forwarded til I got to JF case at ~ 1:30 marker, then listened til 2:00 now pausing. Had to come up for air.

New-to-me in that 30 min:
1. A point GH mentioned as a rumor. I'll hint re that rumor from unknown source, but will go no further: the white SUV was driven by someone known to him.
2. Brother RF said (to whom, I did not catch): Shortly before his disappearance, JF "signed over the business" to him.

Last edited:

snipped for focus. @Wallendo Yes, a three hour podcast w NO minute markers GRR :-( GRR or names indexed for the different cases he talked about (not that I could see, but could have overlooked it). Anyway fast forwarded til I got to JF case at ~ 1:30 marker, then listened til 2:00 now pausing. Had to come up for air.

1. A point GH mentioned as a rumor. I'll hint re that rumor from unknown source, but will go no further: the white SUV was driven by someone known to him.
2. Brother RF said (to whom, I did not catch): Shortly before his disappearance, JF "signed over the business" to him.

It's interesting, but I'm still not sure who killed him. I'm still leaning towards him being murdered.

1 Murdered in Cassville or elsewhere and his body dumped in Beaver Lake, AR

2 Murdered there at Beaver Lake, where he was found

3 He walked 30+ miles to Beaver Lake through rugged Ozark terrain and committed suicide

4 He committed suicide in the area where he was last seen on camera, then his body transported to the Beaver Lake in AR by someone who wanted it to appear to be a murder.

None of these really explain how his car ended up hidden in the maintenance area at swim park in Cassville.

Usually, the simplest answer is the most likely. The suicide scenarios don't make sense, at least not to me.

JMO

It's interesting, but I'm still not sure who killed him. I'm still leaning towards him being murdered.

1 Murdered in Cassville or elsewhere and his body dumped in Beaver Lake, AR

2 Murdered there at Beaver Lake, where he was found

3 He walked 30+ miles to Beaver Lake through rugged Ozark terrain and committed suicide

4 He committed suicide in the area where he was last seen on camera, then his body transported to the Beaver Lake in AR by someone who wanted it to appear to be a murder.

None of these really explain how his car ended up hidden in the maintenance area at swim park in Cassville.

Usually, the simplest answer is the most likely. The suicide scenarios don't make sense, at least not to me.

JMO

what do you mean how Dr forsyths car "ended up hidden?"

Thank you for joining Websleuths, as well as this thread for JF.

I have a location question for you: the place where his body was found, would someone need a park pass to get into that area? Or is that lake in a location that anyone could access?
No pass needed at that arm of the lake. It’s the closest portion of the lake, to us, and more of a place to put in boats than a park.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024
Back