Found Deceased MO - John Forsyth, 49, doctor, Mercy ER Clinic, Cassville, 21 May 2023 *car found* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
KY3's interview with Richard Forsyth. The volume seems low so it's hard to hear:

I took a few notes:

John was shot with a .40 bullet shot from a Glock. LE served a warrant on Richard's house because he admitted to owning a Glock. He was questioned by LE and admits to failing a LDT. The papers John asked him sign were for Richard to be proxy to his bookkeeper. John was also ID'd by a tattoo.

I believe the legal process of identification is the responsibility of the medical examiner/coroner, not police.
So I think police were talking about preliminary identification, sufficient to proceed with the investigation.

Also, decomposition depends on the depth and temperature of the water, but typically decomposition is slower in water.

Thank you.
This is helpful.

Wow still no answers?!? Crazy!

I actually don't think there's anything nefarious about the family not identifying the body. As others have mentioned, visual identification is rarely done any more except in movies and TV shows. I'm sure they did through dental records or dna at some point, there are legal processes to follow.

Given the backlog of cases, and the waiting on toxicology for official cause of death and autopsy results, my humble opinion is that they are going to rule this a suicide. Not saying it is or is not.

And there is this small little part of my brain that remembers that old Forensic Files episode where a doctor faked his own death using one of his patient's bodies. But really that is ludicrous, especially today where hospitals are locked down pretty tight.

I can't imagine how frustrating this must be for the family!

Wow still no answers?!? Crazy!

I actually don't think there's anything nefarious about the family not identifying the body. As others have mentioned, visual identification is rarely done any more except in movies and TV shows. I'm sure they did through dental records or dna at some point, there are legal processes to follow.

Given the backlog of cases, and the waiting on toxicology for official cause of death and autopsy results, my humble opinion is that they are going to rule this a suicide. Not saying it is or is not.

And there is this small little part of my brain that remembers that old Forensic Files episode where a doctor faked his own death using one of his patient's bodies. But really that is ludicrous, especially today where hospitals are locked down pretty tight.

I can't imagine how frustrating this must be for the family!
Per this article the Coroner's Report is complete. That means they must have the toxicology reports.
It is still unreleased for reasons I don't understand.

JMO

[adding:]
I took a few notes:

John was shot with a .40 bullet shot from a Glock. LE served a warrant on Richard's house because he admitted to owning a Glock. He was questioned by LE and admits to failing a LDT. The papers John asked him sign were for Richard to be proxy to his bookkeeper. John was also ID'd by a tattoo.
And the morning after, Brother of Dr. John Forsyth shares new details regarding investigation as KY3 releases the next segment.

R was not going to watch the OP thinking it'd be a review but he was urged to watch it and so he did. He thinks it's "fair".

Where was Dr. Forsyth's tattoo located and what was it? #ONFO

And the morning after, Brother of Dr. John Forsyth shares new details regarding investigation as KY3 releases the next segment.

R was not going to watch the OP thinking it'd be a review but he was urged to watch it and so he did. He thinks it's "fair".

Where was Dr. Forsyth's tattoo located and what was it? #ONFO

Dr. Forsyth had a lot of business dealings and associates that his brother Richard wasn't aware of. Very interesting. Said the individuals who kidnapped John had Eastern European accents and it was supposedly related to crypto. Richard was told this by others, wasn't aware of it.

John never made Richard feel like there was anything to fear WRT their joint business dealings. John didn't want people having photos of him with his wife, nor his kids. He may have felt his family was threatened. His brother seemed to have a lot of secrets. Not sure how John was able to juggle all of it. Richard still has confidence in the criminal investigation. They've been careful in what they've released and that's necessary.

LE served a search warrant on Richard's home. Wanted to find his Glock .40 because John was killed with one. Richard cooperated and let them take what they needed. Had an interview a few days after the search. They thought he knew more than he was telling them, but he said he doesn't know any more information. He took lie detector test, said he failed. They said they think Richard practiced to cheat the lie detector test. Richard calls LDT "props". They're not valid. LE seems to have their eyes on Richard because they don't know of any suspects.

Richard can't speculate because he doesn't have facts. Doesn't know why anyone would kill his brother. The way he was killed was ridiculous taken from a park then found dead days later in a popular tourist area. Makes no sense. Doesn't know why his brother was killed. Still thinks its possible he might also be in danger. LE says they don't think he's in danger.

John had plane tickets to go visit family. Had made some large gifts to family members. Proposed to girlfriend, expecting baby. Had so many future plans. Richard told John one of the last times he saw him that John seemed the happiest he'd been.

Last edited:
Dr. Forsyth had a lot of business dealings and associates that his brother Richard wasn't aware of. Very interesting. Said the individuals who kidnapped John had Eastern European accents and it was supposedly related to crypto. Richard was told this by others, wasn't aware of it.
Thanks @Betty P Richard said it could be related to John's crypto business but he never explained why John's business associates would want him dead. Was he implying John was doing something shady? idk

Thanks @Betty P Richard said it could be related to John's crypto business but he never explained why John's business associates would want him dead. Was he implying John was doing something shady? idk

I got the feeling that whoever told him about these previously uknown business associates implied they might have been the killers. Richard didn't know about them or about the other business. Perhaps it was LE who told him about the other business associates?

He finds the sensationalist aspect of this event to be upsetting, sad.

When the family first heard of the kidnapping the previous year, his family hoped he had just gone into hiding because of another threat. Once he was found dead, they knew he hadn't left. Reporter asks him if he was involved and he said no, like he always had. He was as surprised as anyone else. (These are answers he's giving in response to the reporter's questions.) She asks him if he's feeling stressed from the SW and LDT. He says its unpleasant, but they want the investigation to move forward. They both talk about how people can help, call the sheriff's office if they know something. What would he say to the people who killed John? "You don't know what you did. You don't know what a great person he was."

Whole saga fits in with Johnny being undercover informant for FBI on inside/criminal workings of crypto business.

He kept others out of it to protect family while wanting to 'clean up' the biz and/or find out who robbed ONFO.

FBI kept telling him not to worry/they had his back; he may have willfully gotten into vehicle either thinking he was being taken to some meeting to further his aims, or threat of harm to family member if he didn't go.

LE/FBI knows what happened, but not about to admit they couldn't protect informant...or impede investigation.

MOO - IANAE - YMMV - etc.

Whole saga fits in with Johnny being undercover informant for FBI on inside/criminal workings of crypto business.

He kept others out of it to protect family while wanting to 'clean up' the biz and/or find out who robbed ONFO.

FBI kept telling him not to worry/they had his back; he may have willfully gotten into vehicle either thinking he was being taken to some meeting to further his aims, or threat of harm to family member if he didn't go.

LE/FBI knows what happened, but not about to admit they couldn't protect informant...or impede investigation.

Hmmm this is actually the only thing that sort of makes any sense…. Moo

That's a realistic possibility, JMO. There are a lot of foreign hacking cases coming to light these days, some involving hackers who blackmail the businesses.

These are just some examples. They're probably not related to this case, but gives an idea of the kind of activity happening:

If so, why have they recently focused on Richard? Are they just trying to rule him out since he owned a gun like the one used to kill John?

That's a realistic possibility, JMO. There are a lot of foreign hacking cases coming to light these days, some involving hackers who blackmail the businesses.

These are just some examples. They're probably not related to this case, but gives an idea of the kind of activity happening:

If so, why have they recently focused on Richard? Are they just trying to rule him out since he owned a gun like the one used to kill John?

I got the feeling that whoever told him about these previously uknown business associates implied they might have been the killers. Richard didn't know about them or about the other business. Perhaps it was LE who told him about the other business associates?
I think the takeaway on "business associates unknown to RF" was that his brother had so many secrets. RF was hurt, dismayed, and very surprised. He takes this to mean they weren't as close as he thought or as close as they had been growing up. JF may have felt he just couldn't keep up with everyone's expectations, he didn't want his brother to be disappointed in him.

The examples given are criminals that extort, not blackmail, money from businesses that will pay to regain control of their digital systems. None of those involves selling/buying cryptocurrency. The FBI has its own computer/digital forensics investigators. Cryptocurrency is not really an in-person business. I don't think it realistic to think JF would be of any use to the FBI unless he turned over all his digital access to them for them to research. But then again, with a warrant, they can do whatever they need to do, with no help from JF.

John didn't want people having photos of him with his wife, nor his kids. He may have felt his family was threatened
I wonder what he means by 'people'.

It's widely advised to keep your posts of family and home address private on the internet. But that's just general advice to everyone, because of the innumerable scammers out there. It has nothing to do with crypto. If anything, it has more to do with being a physician.

The examples given are criminals that extort, not blackmail, money from businesses that will pay to regain control of their digital systems. None of those involves selling/buying cryptocurrency. The FBI has its own computer/digital forensics investigators.
I agree, except that the extorted funds are requested in cryptocurrency, so it can't be traced. But I don't believe anyone was demanding payment in Onfo coins. There doesn't seem to be any way to exchange Onfo coins for actual cash.

All this stuff - crypto, hacking, the various scams, is done online, none of it involves anyone actually meeting face-to-face (except when LE actually makes an arrest). And the people who solve these crimes by hackers are turncoat hackers.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back