MO MO - 'Johnny Lee Mills' aka 'Steven L Johnson' & 'Randi Smith', 13, Maryland Heights, 21 Sep 1990

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Could this be him? You have to scroll through a few pictures to find his, but the age isn't off too much and neither is the name.

http://www.sacbee.com/2011/03/31/3518978/death-row-inmates.html#storylink=cpy

Jeffery Jon Mills, 39
Sacramento County
Date of offense: Feb. 11, 1994
Date of death sentence: March 10, 1997

Mills was convicted of abducting and killing Sherri Farrar, a 21-year-old mother who was walking on El Dorado Hills Boulevard near Highway 50 after arguing with her boyfriend and getting out of his car. Mills was driving by and abducted and raped Farrar, then slit her throat and dumped her body east of Rancho Cordova.

Was he 39 when he died? In that case it'd be rather impossible that its the uid as he was around 13 in 1990

Could this be him? You have to scroll through a few pictures to find his, but the age isn't off too much and neither is the name.

http://www.sacbee.com/2011/03/31/3518978/death-row-inmates.html#storylink=cpy

Jeffery Jon Mills, 39
Sacramento County
Date of offense: Feb. 11, 1994
Date of death sentence: March 10, 1997

Mills was convicted of abducting and killing Sherri Farrar, a 21-year-old mother who was walking on El Dorado Hills Boulevard near Highway 50 after arguing with her boyfriend and getting out of his car. Mills was driving by and abducted and raped Farrar, then slit her throat and dumped her body east of Rancho Cordova.

Interesting. I don't think this is him, but if you look around pp 55-60 of his case, it talks about his history, and apparently he was unaccounted for during a few of his early teen years.

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/data2/californiastatecases/s059653.pdf

It's definitely a long shot BUT -
The name is close.
The resemblance is very strong.
Jeffrey Jon Mills was unaccounted for in his early teen years (Thanks for finding that doc, FiveFelines)

Definitely worth exploring...

His ears look very similar too. Has there been any updates on this?

I agree the mouth really fits, he has a very unique shape to his mouth.

I don't know, I doubt we would get a reply or something (and even if, he could easily tell a lie) but there would be the possibility of writing a letter to JJM at San Quentin and asking him if he is this UID from 1990.

Why not just call it in? I'm from St. Louis, I'd be happy to call, but I don't want to steal anyone's thunder.

Why not just call it in? I'm from St. Louis, I'd be happy to call, but I don't want to steal anyone's thunder.

Azure, I've thought about contacting the local newspapers about this case. Do you think that would be a good idea? Also, what about a Facebook page? But by all means, please call it in!

Bumping for a case that's haunted me for years.

My guess is he led a homeless existence (possibly generational in nature) & he gave false IDs AND ran off to avoid getting put in the system for crimes that could be traced back to him (burglaries, beatings, stabbings.) His scars make me think he had been in a knifefight or two.

Many of you have read SE Hinton's "The Outsiders." It is not uncommon for young people to have lives like that. I knew kids growing up who had that background. Some escaped the hardships, some did not. "Stay Gold."

My guess is he led a homeless existence (possibly generational in nature) & he gave false IDs AND ran off to avoid getting put in the system for crimes that could be traced back to him (burglaries, beatings, stabbings.) His scars make me think he had been in a knifefight or two.

Many of you have read SE Hinton's "The Outsiders." It is not uncommon for young people to have lives like that. I knew kids growing up who had that background. Some escaped the hardships, some did not. "Stay Gold."

Yeah, possibly, but is it really that likely that he would have escaped attention from social service agencies, schools, etc. his whole life? I mean someone must have know who he was right?

Yeah, possibly, but is it really that likely that he would have escaped attention from social service agencies, schools, etc. his whole life? I mean someone must have know who he was right?

Hopefully he only escaped attention that one time, and is still alive.

Is there a FB page set up?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia
Back