MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17 - 2007; Jessica Runions, 21 - 2016; found deceased - *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple pages back. there was a screenshot of a post KY's friend FL made to a Facebook tattoo group. The key takeeaways were that he was in jail at the time and it shows her infatuation with him. That is only really important in that it may play into her level of involvement or non-involvement in any part of this (including KY telling her anything past or present).

As for JM, I did not mean to imply that I think he should be talking to the press - I am more perplexed by the media not trying to talk to HIM. Not even a "he has declined our interview as Le has asked him not to speak to the press" or anything. In fact, have they even tried talking to KY?

I am glad the emphasis is on the family and on the girls, it is just unusual in a case like this one. I selfishly, a little bit, was hoping for a Wesley Hadsellesque breakdown from prison, or maybe a tearfully read poem professing his undying love for Kara. Mostly, I just want to know if he still has that hideous beard.

I think about this case every night. I have come up with a hundred scenarios on what could have happened in both crimes. What made these different from his other girlfriends? Why didn't he kill KF or FL or the other girls he has dated in between? Why these two?

A couple pages back. there was a screenshot of a post KY's friend FL made to a Facebook tattoo group. The key takeeaways were that he was in jail at the time and it shows her infatuation with him. That is only really important in that it may play into her level of involvement or non-involvement in any part of this (including KY telling her anything past or present).

As for JM, I did not mean to imply that I think he should be talking to the press - I am more perplexed by the media not trying to talk to HIM. Not even a "he has declined our interview as Le has asked him not to speak to the press" or anything. In fact, have they even tried talking to KY?

I am glad the emphasis is on the family and on the girls, it is just unusual in a case like this one. I selfishly, a little bit, was hoping for a Wesley Hadsellesque breakdown from prison, or maybe a tearfully read poem professing his undying love for Kara. Mostly, I just want to know if he still has that hideous beard.

I think about this case every night. I have come up with a hundred scenarios on what could have happened in both crimes. What made these different from his other girlfriends? Why didn't he kill KF or FL or the other girls he has dated in between? Why these two?

Excellent post Vail.... [emoji122]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've wondered as well why these two girls. I've followed Karas case since 2007 and Jessica's do to KYs involvement. I don't know if maybe they somehow reminded him of past women and abandonment issues in his life or were they just people he knew were better than anything he could ever attain in life and he wanted to hold on to them.

Unfortunately I do not think we will ever understand it. I think to be able to understand his thought pattern you have to actually think like him and I don't think many people have the capability of having a mind that twisted.

Could you PM me the link to the FB post?

AFAIK, the media has tried to talk to KY but his grandfather said he wasn't available to talk, aka he doesn't want to talk. This happened during Jessica's disappearance.

Re: Kylr and the media: I am primarily referring to the media (not) attempting to get a statement from him now, while he is in jail, about the recovery of Jessica.

<modsnip>

This waiting is agony. I can not begin to think of how Karas parents are feeling. Does anyone know where Karas bio dad is? Also I was caught off guard rewatching interviews last night when KF said how brilliant KY is. I went and reread his FB page and his post sound like hes a complete moron. He has never came off as overly intelligent to me. Also its a strange feeling seeing JR comments on KYs page and JM liking his different post. It seems those two were some of the very few that stood by him.

Re: Kylr and the media: I am primarily referring to the media (not) attempting to get a statement from him now, while he is in jail, about the recovery of Jessica.

<modsnip>

As the case is sealed, I doubt we'll be hearing much from the main players involved in the case anymore. The media seems to have backed off some, which I think is a good thing. It was like a three ring circus here that entire week after the remains were found. As far as KY goes, it's possible that LE won't let the media anywhere close. Anything he would say would likely be lies anyway and the last thing we need is his attorney being able to say that he wasn't granted a fair trial due to media interference. I'm sure he would love the attention, though. I personally don't care to hear from him. Let him sit in his cage and rot until it's time for trial.

Also I was caught off guard rewatching interviews last night when KF said how brilliant KY is. I went and reread his FB page and his post sound like hes a complete moron. He has never came off as overly intelligent to me.

Just to clarify this for myself; KF was the ex-gf whom was strangled/punched awake/strangled etc? And then CM was the pregnant ex-gf who he also tried to strangle + made confessions to?
It's very hard to compare the place where I live with the US, if this had happened here somehow you would know because the social circles are smaller here.
(I completely agree with the KF thing.)

Just to clarify this for myself; KF was the ex-gf whom was strangled/punched awake/strangled etc? And then CM was the pregnant ex-gf who he also tried to strangle + made confessions to?
It's very hard to compare the place where I live with the US, if this had happened here somehow you would know because the social circles are smaller here.
(I completely agree with the KF thing.)

Correct

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wUsRWPw2fYU

What in the actual .... didn't think I could be more creeped out by him but I was wrong. Look how he's going for the head only.

THE going for the head part doesn't bother me. It's the way to incapacitate people in a fight. If i was fighting when I was younger I was going for the face. The disturbing part is KY claims he has martial arts training, he hears the other guy say he has none and on top of that KY knows he outweighs the other guy ok. I get the distinct feeling that if it would have been a remotely fair fight he would not have participated.

THE going for the head part doesn't bother me. It's the way to incapacitate people in a fight. If i was fighting when I was younger I was going for the face. The disturbing part is KY claims he has martial arts training, he hears the other guy say he has none and on top of that KY knows he outweighs the other guy ok. I get the distinct feeling that if it would have been a remotely fair fight he would not have participated.

Once again I agree with you. My initial feeling was the head thing (I don't know much about these sort of fights), it made me feel real uneasy to watch.

I agree - if KY felt that the fight would have been fair, he wouldn't have done it. I doubt he would ever go up against someone in a situation where the playing field was fair. I got the feeling when he said that he had years of Maui Thai and golden glove training that he wasn't being completely honest. Then again, I'm just inclined to question anything the guy says, so maybe it's just me. I noticed after he mentioned his training, he said he was pretty rusty (or something like that) which I kind of took as an excuse to cover him in case he lost.

I agree - if KY felt that the fight would have been fair, he wouldn't have done it. I doubt he would ever go up against someone in a situation where the playing field was fair. I got the feeling when he said that he had years of Maui Thai and golden glove training that he wasn't being completely honest. Then again, I'm just inclined to question anything the guy says, so maybe it's just me. I noticed after he mentioned his training, he said he was pretty rusty (or something like that) which I kind of took as an excuse to cover him in case he lost.

So In searchingaround online Im pretty sure he was just straight up lying. For a couple of reasons. One Kylr does not come from a wealthy family. Unless he was just some phenom and given scholarships (which would likely be documented somewhere) I doubt anyone paid for that much training for him. That kind of stuff is expensive long term.

Next up that video was put out in 2008. Kylr would have been about 20. If you read around online it appears that anytime someone 14 or younger is considered for Golden Glove training the media takes note. Googling his name with Golden Gloves there's nothing. Also Im pretty certain being linked to missing girls and violence against women that it would be noted you trained as a boxer much less a golden glove boxer.

Finally my younger brother trained in (San Shou?) however it's spelled for years. One of the main things taught is self control. Which is laughable with KY. However in watching him fight he has no form at all. In attacking this kid he does get the upper hand immediately but still leaves himself wide open. Also if trained he likely would have stopped as soon as the pads got knocked off.

Btw are they fighting in an old preschool or a kids playroom? Those little soft blocks padding the floor is funny.

What's the motive for hurting Jessica? Did he make a move and she rejected him?

The motive is clear to me in Kara's case.

He is a lifeless soul and clearly lacks any empathy. He will get what he deserves.

So In searchingaround online Im pretty sure he was just straight up lying. For a couple of reasons. One Kylr does not come from a wealthy family. Unless he was just some phenom and given scholarships (which would likely be documented somewhere) I doubt anyone paid for that much training for him. That kind of stuff is expensive long term.

Next up that video was put out in 2008. Kylr would have been about 20. If you read around online it appears that anytime someone 14 or younger is considered for Golden Glove training the media takes note. Googling his name with Golden Gloves there's nothing. Also Im pretty certain being linked to missing girls and violence against women that it would be noted you trained as a boxer much less a golden glove boxer.

Finally my younger brother trained in (San Shou?) however it's spelled for years. One of the main things taught is self control. Which is laughable with KY. However in watching him fight he has no form at all. In attacking this kid he does get the upper hand immediately but still leaves himself wide open. Also if trained he likely would have stopped as soon as the pads got knocked off.

Btw are they fighting in an old preschool or a kids playroom? Those little soft blocks padding the floor is funny.

Thank you for adding this info. I knew he had to be lying. I thought Golden Glove was something more prestigious that a select few take part in (don't know much, but had heard of it) so I thought the second he said he had that training it was odd. And I thought with Muay Thai, participants are taught discipline and self control, as well as respect for your partner, which is something that he didn't display at all. I figured a trained fighter would have stopped when the guy's pads were knocked off but he just kept wailing on him and going for his head. Even the guy that posted the video said in his description he didn't like the way that Kylr went for the back of his opponent's head. It looks like they are fighting in someone's basement, but I thought the padding was funny as well as we use that stuff in my preschool classroom to divide learning areas and teach the kids spatial awareness - it links together like puzzle pieces.

What's the motive for hurting Jessica? Did he make a move and she rejected him?

The motive is clear to me in Kara's case.

He is a lifeless soul and clearly lacks any empathy. He will get what he deserves.

We don't really have a clear motive here. About all we can do is speculate. Based on what he said at that party about wanting to marry Jessica and have kids with her, it's possible he made a pass at her and she declined. I think she may have also seen his temper in full force for the first time that night when he was locked out of the party and whatever else was going on and maybe attempted to distance herself and he wasn't having it.

We don't know much about their relationship, though. She had been to his home before as his grandpa said he had seen her car there before, and she was likely seen in that CWD video.

She also went to an interview with him that he had for an apprenticeship at a tattoo parlor, which to me speaks to her being someone who was trying to help him get his life straightened out. Her mother did say that she was a fixer and wanted to help people. (Link here about interview: http://www.kshb.com/news/local-news/police-looking-for-21-year-old-missing-woman-from-raytown Statement from the man who interviewed him is in the gray box about halfway down the page - He said he did not resonate with KY or like his presence)

To me, it's likely she had befriended him and was trying to help him get on the right path and he formed an obsessive attachment to her. That's just my own theory though. Like I said, about all we can do at this point is speculate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IndigoRose