MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17 - 2007; Jessica Runions, 21 - 2016; found deceased - *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this is a dumb question...but have they found only skulls and no other bones?
Not dumb at all! As far as I have read, they have found the two skulls and other bones, but not enough to form full skeletons. I cannot find that link now where that a was stated, but I know I read it! Something from a LE officer saying that they had some bones, but they would continue searching to find more. He said they wouldn't still be out there if they had everything. I did stumble on this one from this morning, though, that gives a more in depth look at what the ID of those remains may entail. It contains statements from a forensic osteologist (essentially a bone expert) about what this investigation may entail in terms of identifying the remains. http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article142840149.html

If this turns out to be Kara and Jessica, hopefully their mothers will find some ounce of peace knowing they were there together... Such a grim thought, but the only silver lining I can find.

The property where they were found is owned by the rock quarry. The farm referenced above is a dairy farm, but they do not own/farm the land where the skulls were found.

I was told (again, grain of salt), that they also found two leg bones.

The property where they were found is owned by the rock quarry. The farm referenced above is a dairy farm, but they do not own/farm the land where the skulls were found.

I was told (again, grain of salt), that they also found two leg bones.

If they had leg bones they would at least be able to figure out the height of the person, that may be one of the things that makes them feel strongly about the possibility of it being Kara?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saying prayers for these girls and their loved ones.

KY needs to get the DP.

I will never forget watching a fight club video of KY. He is one vicious individual.

I'm all for the DP, but that's too easy. Let him get life without parole so he has to rot by himself.

I am surprised that this is the location that KY (or whoever, if this turns out to not be the girls) would choose to dump bodies. While it certainly wouldn't be a location that would get a lot of foot traffic, and is not on a busy road, there are several houses pretty darn close.

I figured they would be close together, he figured no one found Kara for so long why not use it again?

One thing that totally stands out to me is the similarities in the young women's appearances. Just chilling.

I figured they would be close together, he figured no one found Kara for so long why not use it again?

Exactly .... It has been stated here many times that most likely if Kara was not found then the hiding place would be right where Jessica would be found too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I remember seeing the flyers and billboard on 49 when Kara went missing .
I hope they find evidence to prosecute KY

I remember seeing the flyers and billboard on 49 when Kara went missing .
I hope they find evidence to prosecute TY .

Is TY someone's initials? Someone other than KY?

TY is the abbreviation for Thank You

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On the Search for Jessica Runions FB, her parents just thanked everyone and said days ahead will be tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist