MO MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17, Belton, 4 May 2007 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ty very much cheko1 - I have been reading the post on both this and the Kesley site. I live in Leawood and know a few members of Kelsey's family so this has really touched home.

ty very much cheko1 - I have been reading the post on both this and the Kesley site. I live in Leawood and know a few members of Kelsey's family so this has really touched home.

Yes it is very heartbreaking.....My deepest sympathy goes out to the friends & family.

FKK - people have been printing out her posters and placing them in stores, gas stations, and such in the Leawood and Overland Park area trying to get her picture every place possible.

I wanted to note that: Kara's friend feels very sure that Kylr Yust is involved in her disappearance, and he claims that he KNOWS Kylr was with Kara that day, even though Kylr has told LE otherwise and apparently has an alibi.

The Restraining Order Kara took out against Kylr was due to a situation where he kidnapped her and she ended up jumping from his moving truck about 3 to 4 miles later.

Thanks to you all for keeping Kara in your minds. I do not know her personally, but she deserves all the interest Kelsey has gotten.

What?!?!?
If she took out a restraining order against this Yust person, especially since he kidnapped her, he should be undergoing intense police interrogations. Where did she meet this person? How old is he?

What?!?!?
If she took out a restraining order against this Yust person, especially since he kidnapped her, he should be undergoing intense police interrogations. Where did she meet this person? How old is he?

He did when she first went missing. They searched his house and truuck and interrogated him...but since he took a polygraph test and passed and they didn't find anything, the police just decided that he was being co-operative and i don't think that they think he knows anything.

Did you see we also have a thread for Kelsey? She was a beautiful girl.

Yes I have been reading it for a week now waiting to be activated so that i could post. Living in the area and knowing the family there are few things that I can clarify as far as locations and such that people have been tossing around.

FKK I am getting off here for tonight but if I can be of any assistance I will. Come back to see us as often as you like. :blowkiss:

Alright, I think i am getting off too....Im pretty tired, but i will definately get back on sometime tomorrow.
Thank You all for the help and the ideas i am open to any new ideas or anything that you think will help bring kara home.

Yes I have been reading it for a week now waiting to be activated so that i could post. Living in the area and knowing the family there are few things that I can clarify as far as locations and such that people have been tossing around.

What are your thoughts regarding what may have happened to Kara? Do the Smith's have an opinion?

Just my opinion but the school was VERY lax. I'd have them shaking in there shoes!!! They'd be gathering search parties to go find her. :furious:
I have to agree with you about that checko1. At the local high school near my house, security guards and or volunteers are posted at each door. NO STUDENT gets in or out during class time unless they have an office pass.

My past experience with Greta has been if a new lead or something different than whats being reported and you tell her, she will call the LE on the case to find out whats going on. The only way she can keep talking about it isif something is happening. She is very friendly and will email you back so don't be afraid to contact her.
ontherecord@foxnews.com

I think the difference in whats on the flyer as her clothing and what she actually had on is important, that should be checked out and corrected.

I can't answer them all, but i will the ones i can.

no no one saw where she went and as far as anyone saw as of now she just walked out of school and no one saw her get into a vehicle w/ anyone....I am not sure what that girl knew that talked to her but i am guessing that it wasn't anything about where she went b/c the police have asked everyone from the school that they thought would know something, and all of the leads "rumors" that they got from them didn't lead them anywhere.
However they are continuing to get new tips and leads everyday so hopefully something will pan out sometime soon.
Thank you for taking the time to answer FKK!
I asked you if anyone saw Kara leave because at our local high school, the sophomores and juniors have an early lunch at 10:30am. I was wondering if maybe there were kids standing around outside that maybe saw Kara leave.

I have to agree with you about that checko1. At the local high school near my house, security guards and or volunteers are posted at each door. NO STUDENT gets in or out during class time unless they have an office pass.

Absolutely!!! Thats the way our school is too. So they need to have a school shakedown.

He did when she first went missing. They searched his house and truuck and interrogated him...but since he took a polygraph test and passed and they didn't find anything, the police just decided that he was being co-operative and i don't think that they think he knows anything.
Oh my! I'd be all over that boy if he'd tried to kidnap one of my girls:furious:.
He'd need a restraining order from ME.:furious:
FKK, Since Kara is missing, can't the FBI be brought in? Maybe they should question this Kyrl person. What kind of name is that? Is he Danish?

DO you all think we should send a few emails to Tim at Texas Equasearch asking him if his team would be willing to search for this beautiful young lady?

I sure wish Kara would call her mother, this is scary.

It would appear with all the media coverage of Kelsey and then afterward the media bringing up the possible connection to Kara's disappearance wouldn't Kara find a way to make contact even with a friend to let everyone know that was not her fate? I just don't know of anything said about Kara that leads me to believe that she would let her family and friends suffer this way.

strach304,
Excellent point. Kara has to know how much her family and friends love her. She has to know how worried they are. Even if she's run away before, it doesn't mean that she ran away May 4. Another thing, teenage girls need their friends......they don't go very long without talking to them.
I find it troubling that Kara left her cell phone in her locker. Nobody leaves their cell in their locker. lol Did she just forget it that day?
And if she'd planned on running away, IMO she wouldn't have asked her mom to wash her uniform.

IMO her disappearance is too close to her being kidnapped by her boy friend.

It would appear with all the media coverage of Kelsey and then afterward the media bringing up the possible connection to Kara's disappearance wouldn't Kara find a way to make contact even with a friend to let everyone know that was not her fate? I just don't know of anything said about Kara that leads me to believe that she would let her family and friends suffer this way.
I agree, just trying to keep the faith.
I am wondering if something happened to make her go. I would really like to know what that conversation was on the tape. I saw Kara as very definite and confident in her movements while the other girl was thrown off balance. I think the conversation is important.

It is from 9:40am on May 4th according to Belton PD talking with Greta now. Video taken during 2nd period of class when she was supposed to be in class. Not permissable to simply get up and leave class. She didn't have a car, would get a ride with mother, friends or walk to school. Six miles from Kara's home to where Kelsey was found. No connection at this point per LE. Nothing leading to Edwin Hall being connected to Kara. Doesn't appear to be a run away.

If Kara went out to have a quick smoke while classes were in then there probably wouldn't be any other students or faculty out there at that time. She had permission to go to the office to get the book and go back to class. Classmates or the teacher should've known right away she was missing.

Thats okay, just trying to get her mindset. I think I would have left if I knew the teacher would give some static if I didn't have my book.

She had the book in her hand in the school video so she did have it. Wonder if that book had been found anywhere by anyone? A kid could've come along and picked it up? Why wouldn't she put it in the locker if she planned on leaving? If the media put out a pic or description of that book maybe it would turn up? Has the school even checked to see if that book was turned into the lost and found but didn't know it was Kara's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dylanfoxx