MO MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17, Belton, 4 May 2007 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aside from printing flyers and posting them locally what if everyone here sent emails to everyone in thier address books pictures of Kara and the sketch of the POI along with what information is known and details etc? Request everyone you send it to to forward it...we do it all the time with jokes etc so why not this? I have gotten a few of this nature before. It would cover a lot of "ground" that may not be able to be covered otherwise..and make it's way around...esp. if by chance she isn't still in the area where she was last seen? There are pictures on the FKK MySpace that we could use that has the info etc all ready on them...send to them the major news networks as well...maybe if they get enough of them they will start to pay attention and provide more coverage?

Yes that would be awesome if everyone could do that!! That would be so helpful, and it would cover a lot of area.

I believe Kara does look confident and not stressed in any way. The other girl doesn't look upset to me. It looked like Kara said something to her and she walked towards Kara so not to yell in the quiet hallway to respond. The other girl did give me the impression she was trying to decide something...perhaps she was debating on getting back to class or going for a smoke with Kara. She chose going wherever she was headed which was a good choice for her and a fateful choice for Kara.

Maybe FKK could fill us in on whatever conjecture is going around the HS about their conversation. A small school "talks". I want to know what they were discussing in the video.

I STILL want to know about the "SMOKE HOLE!" location! Anyone?!

I can't help with that b/c i don't go to Belton High I have moved since then, but me and Kara still have hung out, talked, stayed close....even thought i don't live in Belton anymore. I could probably find out b/c i am always at Belton and do talk to people that go to the high school and i can definately talk to them.

What are your thoughts regarding what may have happened to Kara? Do the Smith's have an opinion?

I do think something has happened to Kara, regardless if it started out as a runaway situation or not. Too much time has passed without her contacting anyone. Part of me wonders if she was upset about the restraining order because she was still seeing Kylr and was skipping school to spend some time with him and things went terribly wrong. No evidence to suggest that has been shown just my own personal gut feelings.

As far as the Smith's they are in a whirlwind of emotions right now but are a very very strong family with alot of faith. During some of the prayer sessions before Kelsey was found prayers were also said for Kara and it was mentioned more than once during the search for Kelsey that some wondered about any connections.

Hi there Honey, Welcome back.

Is LE only going of the fact that he passed the LD test that he didnt have anything to do with it?

FKK, Do you know if QT in Belton, by 71/58 has flyers up at all? I stopped there for gas today and paid at the pump, didn't see a poster. I wonder if they would let you post them at each pump. So many ppl never walk in that door but its always so busy.

FKK, Do you know if QT in Belton, by 71/58 has flyers up at all? I stopped there for gas today and paid at the pump, didn't see a poster. I wonder if they would let you post them at each pump. So many ppl never walk in that door but its always so busy.

Unfortunately there aren't any....none of the QT's will put the flyer up :(
Her parents asked about it and supposedly they won't put them up b/c here it is a place where kids go to get away....and they don't want them to have to see that when they are there....whatever.....idk.

How is Kara's family doing? Is there anything else we could do to help?

How is Kara's family doing? Is there anything else we could do to help?

Actually i just got back from their house. They are doing ok, considering circumstances....they seem to be a little more up today than they have been...which is good.
...not really they have been doing interviews with many different reporters....and they haven't really planned anymore events yet...they are passing out flyers at the Dairy Queen in Raymore tomorrow from 4-6 if anyone wants to stop by and get some flyers to hand out in different areas that would be helpful, but that wasn't supposed to be any big thing, but somehow the news got out so there might be a few more people there than expected, which is great b/c the more help the better....
But not really anything new except just contunue with getting out the word and praying for her to come home safely.
Thank You guys again

Please tell her family they are in our prayers!

I am so glad to hear of the DQ thingy. Maybe since the media has caught on(as they should have long ago) more and more people will show up. If you are able to maybe try to do this a couple times a week, maybe that will get people moving faster.

Thank you for that link Philamena. When I saw all those names I instantly wondered if any were related to this disappearance (and possibly Kelsey's). Now I just feel like a goof for not being more familiar with their cases, because I don't think any of them are.

I haven't heard any mention of what type shoes, jewelry, sunglasses, purse or other possessions she might have had with her. If her jewelry is known I would be checking around to see if any was found or turned into pawn shops.

I can't help with that b/c i don't go to Belton High I have moved since then, but me and Kara still have hung out, talked, stayed close....even thought i don't live in Belton anymore. I could probably find out b/c i am always at Belton and do talk to people that go to the high school and i can definately talk to them.

Oh, I see! Thanks for responding to my post tho! Yes, please ask around for us. Again, thanks!

Unfortunately there aren't any....none of the QT's will put the flyer up :(
Her parents asked about it and supposedly they won't put them up b/c here it is a place where kids go to get away....and they don't want them to have to see that when they are there....whatever.....idk.

Here at least, some QT's are designated as "Safe Places" for runaways and abused children. A place where they can feel free and 'safe' to go to receive help from the police, social services, etc. I would bet this accounts for the practice of not putting up the flyers.

I just paid for a 3 month subscription to an online makeover site through LHJ.com - does anyone think it would help if I made some examples of how Kara could look if she changed her hairstyle?? If we're thinking foul play instead of runaway (which seems to be the consensus, that she wouldn't have run away without her cigs, money, etc...), then maybe doing an "altered appearance" of Kara wouldn't help. ?? What do you all think?

I just paid for a 3 month subscription to an online makeover site through LHJ.com - does anyone think it would help if I made some examples of how Kara could look if she changed her hairstyle?? If we're thinking foul play instead of runaway (which seems to be the consensus, that she wouldn't have run away without her cigs, money, etc...), then maybe doing an "altered appearance" of Kara wouldn't help. ?? What do you all think?
Please do, and thank you so much. I think it is a very good idea IMO as we dont really know for sure what has happened. If you need any help from me, just let me know!

Siesie~ Sure! I think it is a great idea! ANYTHING to help bring Kara home is worth doing. Even if she didn't run away...we need to cover all the bases. The what ifs are long and endless at this point. So what IF someone has her and changed her appearance?! I think it will help if people know everything is possible at this point.

Siesie~ Sure! I think it is a great idea! ANYTHING to help bring Kara home is worth doing. Even if she didn't run away...we need to cover all the bases. The what ifs are long and endless at this point. So what IF someone has her and changed her appearance?! I think it will help if people know everything is possible at this point.
Great thinking, SS. With all the cases we hear of these types, you can never be too sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dylanfoxx