MO MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17, Belton, 4 May 2007 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been in contact with two adults close to this case but not family members. They don't know each other and don't even live in the same state. Early on, in early July of 2007 I believe, I asked one about that statement. I was told that it was not accurate, that in fact Kylr only passed sections of that test.

On the show, Investigative Discovery the investigative reporter said he did pass the polygraph. How was Peter J able to obtain this information? Where does one go if there is suspicion of a police cover up? Do the parents, Jim and Rhonda also suspect a police cover up? How is the Belton PD working with the FBI, was the FBI investigating alone or where they obtaining information based on what the Belton PD told them?

Anyone following the case, please add your thoughts? Do we get Peter J back in here?

Bump, the more and more I've gotten into the case, the more disappointing it is when the facts are revealed. The answers are right in front of us, can't imagine the frustration of the family.

Interesting, out of the whole show, that protective custody agreement was show for half a second, which I was able to catch and even then the whole document was not shown.

This is the first of hearing that there were two separate incidents where serious abuse was involved between
Kylr and Kara. And apparently from Kara's note, she mentions it has gotten worse over time, which most likely means there have been other instances, although unsure of the severity of each occurrence.

Was Kylr so enraged by the restraining order that he went over the edge? It would appear so.

Anyone following the case, please add your thoughts? Do we get Peter J back in here?

Posters, please note that the poster "Peter J." is not "verified" in this case. Therefore, the information posted cannot be validated. All information provided should always be accompanied with a link/source, unless a poster is a "verified" insider or local. If Peter J. or any other poster wishes to become a verified insider or local in a case here at Websleuths, please contact a moderator.

bumping for Kara.. The family deserves th truth :(

Absolutely correct, they deserve better. They haven't gotten any significant leads in 3 years, time to bring this guy to justice.

I'm wondering if the FBI is putting added pressure on the Belton PD to further investigate the case, which includes possible searches around the area. Odd coincidence, as soon as the FBI started getting actively involved and added to the reward money, all of these searches started popping up. I have a feeling they may be close to solving this case, however it would most likely be on the unfortunate end.

I was able to find youtube video for anyone wishing to view it, involving Kyrl and his friend Taylor. This won't necessarily solve the case, but will give you another look into their personalities.

Yes...Belton PD is an extremely small agency. I just don't think that an agency this small is capable of doing everything possible. Not saying they wouldn't try or weren't good enough to do it. It's just that they don't have the experience. I used to live in Kansas City, near Belton and it's just a one horse town.

I just heard about this on the local news. I REALLY hope this family gets some closure.

I'm curious to know why these tips are coming in 3 years later. You wouldn't go searching for a body based on one tip, unless you had something else to back up that claim.

During the last search, the news had reported the search was based on a tip they received, however the Belton PD never confirmed such a thing. I'm wondering why there are conflicting stories between the ID show that aired a few months ago, the news reports and the Belton PD, a few things that have stood out which seem inconsistent.

I'm curious to know why these tips are coming in 3 years later. You wouldn't go searching for a body based on one tip, unless you had something else to back up that claim.

During the last search, the news had reported the search was based on a tip they received, however the Belton PD never confirmed such a thing. I'm wondering why there are conflicting stories between the ID show that aired a few months ago, the news reports and the Belton PD, a few things that have stood out which seem inconsistent.

I wonder the same thing. I am not a good sleuth by any stretch of the imagination....but I can't help but wonder if there has been some kind of cover up by the Belton PD, for any number of reasons.

I have just viewed by mapquest the location of where they are searching and have discovered something very interesting. Based on Kylr's most recent arrest and more importantly the address he gave at the time of the arrest, the location where they are searching is about 1/2 mile from the exbf's house. AND is on a direct path heading to Belton HS, where Kara was last seen. The .5 miles is extremely close considering Belton HS is about 15 miles away from the ex's house and where they are searching. Don't be surprised if they find something here.

I wonder the same thing. I am not a good sleuth by any stretch of the imagination....but I can't help but wonder if there has been some kind of cover up by the Belton PD, for any number of reasons.

There was a gentleman that had posted on here a while back, who knew the ins and outs of the case. I've just been in contact with him recently. He suggested that he didn't think it was a cover up. I'm leaning towards no body, no weapon therefore no charges against the ex. However, it has been noted that when the ex took the polygraph, some of the results came back as "inconclusive". How this information became public is quite unknown.

I had NO idea that police had a theory about what happened to Kara! I just read that in the article....very interesting....and I wonder why they are declining to say!! SO praying for closure today.

I had NO idea that police had a theory about what happened to Kara! I just read that in the article....very interesting....and I wonder why they are declining to say!! SO praying for closure today.

I didn't know this either!!

Thanks for the link Wizard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members