MO MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17, Belton, 4 May 2007 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
some interesting stuff being said on KY's Facebook wall. He's essentially saying that people should leave him alone since he passed a polygraph test. He thinks police should be looking at her father as he was "creepy" toward Kara. I can't post exactly what was said (initial post removed -- thank you Cubby for letting me know what I can and can't post!), but here's a link to his FB page. Not sure if it is private or not.

http://www.facebook.com/vxXKYXxv

some interesting stuff being said on KY's Facebook wall. He's essentially saying that people should leave him alone since he passed a polygraph test. He thinks police should be looking at her father as he was "creepy" toward Kara. I can't post exactly what was said (initial post removed -- thank you Cubby for letting me know what I can and can't post!), but here's a link to his FB page. Not sure if it is private or not.

http://www.facebook.com/vxXKYXxv

On the Investigative Discovery episode, the step seemed like a pretty normal guy to me. The ex didn't pass a polygraph test, he passed portions of the test, the rest was inconclusive. However, the stepfather had submitted a polygraph test and he did pass that and was fully cooperative in the investigation according to the show.

There is just no credible evidence linking the step father to KK's disappearance. Not even close.

Re: why tips would be coming in 3 years later

This case involves kids that were in high school at the time. May still be. Alliances change - honestly, I wouldn't consider this a cold case until her age group is in their 30s. Whoever is friends with the bad guy today probably won't be when they're in their late 20s, married and starting families. And then they'll realize that they need to pass on that one little bit of information, that it isn't doing any one a favor by "staying out of it".

Re: why tips would be coming in 3 years later

This case involves kids that were in high school at the time. May still be. Alliances change - honestly, I wouldn't consider this a cold case until her age group is in their 30s. Whoever is friends with the bad guy today probably won't be when they're in their late 20s, married and starting families. And then they'll realize that they need to pass on that one little bit of information, that it isn't doing any one a favor by "staying out of it".

Sorry, my apologies for not updating that. It was later clarified by police that it was through their own investigation, rather than a tip, that led them through the search.

Wow, as I have gotten more details regarding the search, it appears that it isn't half a mile away, but upon further investigation, it's practically in the ex's backyard. They are definitely onto something this time, IMO.

I was reading over at topix.com in the Belton forums. Someone references on 2/9/11

"find kara!! The evidence has been found. Follow it! "

Wow, as I have gotten more details regarding the search, it appears that it isn't half a mile away, but upon further investigation, it's practically in the ex's backyard. They are definitely onto something this time, IMO.

I was reading over at topix.com in the Belton forums. Someone references on 2/9/11

"find kara!! The evidence has been found. Follow it! "

was anything found???

Any theories as to what the police seargant thinks happened??

Any theories as to what the police seargant thinks happened??

They won't comment on it, because the investigation is still ongoing. At this point, it's probably not knowing who the suspect(s) are, but finding the body which has been difficult.

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/02/16/2659929/authorities-searching-woods-in.html#ixzz1EHSxAkLV

Posted on Wed, Feb. 16, 2011 01:01 PM

Authorities have called off a search today in south Kansas City in connection with the disappearance of Kara Kopetsky, but they’re not ruling out a return to the wooded area later.

Today’s search was hindered in part by snow on the ground, said Belton police Sgt. Brad Swanson.

About 40 law enforcement officers from Belton police, the FBI and other agencies spent several hours searching an area between East 89th and 90th streets east of Elm Avenue.

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/02/16/2659929/authorities-searching-woods-in.html#ixzz1EHSXXPJc

It's been a while, does anyone have any thoughts on the case? Any opinions? Just was curious to what everyone is thinking at this point?

I had a question for anyone in the know regarding polygraph tests.

Basically polygraph tests are not acknowledged as an admission of guilt and can't stand by themselves as an admission of guilt in the court of law. Therefore, would it be safe to assume one could not be arrested based on a failed polygraph test or one that came back as "inconclusive"? If a failed polygraph wouldn't stand in the court of law, arresting the suspect would be useless, unless they had something else to back that up, correct?

Assuming everything that I've listed above is true, would it make more sense that the examiner told the suspect or anyone else that he did in fact pass the polygraph test in fear of the suspect fleeing/taking off?

http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-kara-kopetsky-case-featured-tvshow-2011220,0,1812189.story

BELTON, Mo. —
One metro couple hopes a new television series will help keep their story in the national spotlight. The parents of missing teen Kara Kopetsky will soon appear on a television show called "Vanished" on the Lifetime Network.

The television series "Vanished" will be hosted by Beth Holloway, the mother of Natalie Holloway who turned up missing in Aruba nearly six years ago. Holloway was 18-years-old at the time of her disappearance. Kopetsky was 17-years-old when she disappeared. But the parallels between these two teens runs much deeper than that.

The ID show really made it look like Kelsey Smith's killer did both crimes. If there are two different killers that close together in time and place, the degeneracy of our society is unreal.

The ID show really made it look like Kelsey Smith's killer did both crimes. If there are two different killers that close together in time and place, the degeneracy of our society is unreal.

Despite what the show had said, at this point, for those that have followed the case very closely, it's highly unlikely that the two cases are connected. Other than the cases being so close in range, there are no other similarities to point to. The Overland Park/Belton/Kansas City vicinity seems to be a hotbed for missing persons.

It looks like Kara's case is to be featured on Nancy Grace America's Missing tonight.

EDIT: Actually, probably tomorrow, Friday. Tracy Ocasio is on tonight.

Kara Kopetsky: Nancy Grace America's Missing

kopetsky-blog-post.gif

When 17-year-old Kara Kopetsky didn’t make it home from school on May 4, 2007 her family immediately knew something was wrong. Surveillance video captured the teen as she left her school at around 10:30am.

She has not been seen again. Last week police conducted a search for Kara in a sparsely wooded area. 40 officers were on hand to conduct the grid search through brush and debris. Nothing of evidentiary value was found in the search but that has not silenced the hope of Kara’s parents who continue to believe she will be found.

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/

Despite what the show had said, at this point, for those that have followed the case very closely, it's highly unlikely that the two cases are connected. Other than the cases being so close in range, there are no other similarities to point to. The Overland Park/Belton/Kansas City vicinity seems to be a hotbed for missing persons.

I lived in a Kansas City suburb when both Kara's and Kelsey's cases occurred. I have thought from the beginning that the same person did both murders. The similarities are not known because we've never found Kara. There were no security cameras on Kara's school that showed her leaving the school as it did with Kelsey leaving Target. I watched the video of Edwin Hall over and over as did many of us in the community and he just didn't look to me like he was nervous or that he was at all doing this for the first time. I can't explain it really since I've never had anything to compare to. But, Hall looked like he knew exactly what he was doing and did it surprisingly well. Kelsey's body was found only 6 miles away from Belton High School where Kara went missing from. He left Kelsey at Longview Lake, and I have always felt that was where Kara was too.

I think Hall was a serial killer and believe that Kara was his first and Kelsey was his second. Just a strong, weird feeling...:(

I am new here, I have been following this case and reading all the forum posts but this is the first time I have posted myself. I agree with the wizard, I don't believe Edwin Hall took Kara too. With the exception of the locations being so close, as far as we know there has been no evidence found to support other similarities between the cases. Also Edwin Hall is serving life without the possibility of parole, he has nothing to gain by keeping secrets. I live in the KC area and have followed this case since it first happened, I have been hoping for answers since the beginning, hopefully one day this case will be solved.

I have believed from early on that the person who took Kara was someone she knew. Not sure if that would be the ex bf or not, I just believe it was someone she knew, maybe not very well but knew. From what I have gathered she lived pretty close to the high school and she walked to school that morning. Then she got into an argument with one of the teachers and supposedly left the school around 10:30am. I wouldn't think she would walk too much around the school and that area fearing she would get caught by teachers or maybe her mother or neighbors. She would of had about 4 hours until school got out, I don't think she would have walked around for 4 hours. I think she would of called someone to come and pick her up, and then maybe go to someone's house or somewhere isolated where she wouldn't get caught.

We don't know who her last phone call was placed to, was it to her mother or did she call someone else. If she did who did she call, the police should know that. Was the ex bf going to school at the time of the disappearance or had he already graduated? If he was going to school, was it checked into to see if he was in school all day on May 4. I think the police would have already checked this out, that's why i'm not so sure it was the ex bf. If he wasn't in school and he was the last person Kara called, couldn't they use the pings from his cell phone(if he had one) to see where he was that day and if he went anywhere near Belton High School, and subsequently if he went anywhere else after he was near the high school. Or if he had his phone off couldn't they tell if there was a 4-5 hour window where he didn't receive any calls on his phone.

Of course all any of us can do is speculate, because we really don't have any facts of the case. Really all we know is she left school. I just hope someone will finally provide the lead/tip that the police need to solve this case.

On another interesting note I was reading a blog about forensic astrology charts and came across one someone did for Kara. Here is a link to it if anyone wants to read it
http://forensicastrology.blogspot.com/2010/07/kara-kopetsky.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member