CONVICTION OVERTURNED MO - Kent Heitholt, 48, found murdered, Columbia, 1 Nov 2001

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ryan's guilty, in my opinion. I actually know his family and have since the middle 90s.
Based on what? The DNA didn't match him or Erickson, both the confessions were false and they recanted. And there is a much better suspect.

Ryan's guilty, in my opinion. I actually know his family and have since the middle 90s.

If Ryan's guilty, he managed to leave someone else's blood, someone else's fingerprints, someone else's bloody shoe prints leading from the scene of the crime. Ryan was seen leaving the bar when it closed an hour before the murder and driving away. He was at home at the time of the murder. There's literally zero evidence that points to either him or Chuck Erickson being involved.

You can certainly believe what you want, but it's not based on facts, evidence, or reality, that's for sure.

Here's hoping Ryan has a great Thanksgiving with his family!!!:turkey::turkey::turkey:

I think those who believe he's guilty is based on emotion, not facts.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

At this time the prosecutor elected not to go forward with the case but ryan still could be tried again in the future. I won't be surprised when that happens!!!!

At this time the prosecutor elected not to go forward with the case but ryan still could be tried again in the future. I won't be surprised when that happens!!!!

What do you think the prosecutor would use as evidence in any future trial?

Columbia Mo police has reopened the murder case of Keith Heibolt. Not in an effort to retry Ryan but to uncover how bungled the investigation was or was not and possibly bring a responsible party to justice. Forensics and DNA have come a long way since 2001. I am hoping the truth will come out. I live in Columbia. The Columbia Tribune lost one of their own that night and should followup in detail. Mr Heibolt and his family both deserve as much.

Columbia Mo police has reopened the murder case of Keith Heibolt. Not in an effort to retry Ryan but to uncover how bungled the investigation was or was not and possibly bring a responsible party to justice. Forensics and DNA have come a long way since 2001. I am hoping the truth will come out. I live in Columbia. The Columbia Tribune lost one of their own that night and should followup in detail. Mr Heibolt and his family both deserve as much.
Agreed, it was a rush to judgement to convict somebody- even though it was the wrong guys!

I believe that Ryan and his friend are guilty. True there isn't any DNA, fingerprints or hair tying them to it-unfortunate to say the least
I believe Erickson's guilt in the murder started getting to him and he could no longer keep it a secret so he ended up telling someone(s) about "the dream" he had. Describing it as a dream maybe to downplay it or distance himself in his mind from it while still getting it off his chest.------NO ONE COERCED THIS OUT OF HIM
Sh*! got real when he found himself sitting in an interrogation room so he pretended to not have any real details. When asked about details he intentionally gave "wrong answers", hoping they would think... hey, maybe they didn't do it.---JMHO

I believe that Ryan and his friend are guilty. True there isn't any DNA, fingerprints or hair tying them to it-unfortunate to say the least
I believe Erickson's guilt in the murder started getting to him and he could no longer keep it a secret so he ended up telling someone(s) about "the dream" he had. Describing it as a dream maybe to downplay it or distance himself in his mind from it while still getting it off his chest.------NO ONE COERCED THIS OUT OF HIM
Sh*! got real when he found himself sitting in an interrogation room so he pretended to not have any real details. When asked about details he intentionally gave "wrong answers", hoping they would think... hey, maybe they didn't do it.---JMHO
Have you seen the interrogation tapes where they feed him the details??? I have. He had no idea how Kent was killed. This was nothing more than a dream. False confessions do happen bizarre as they are. John Mark Karr did it in the JonBenet Ramsey case when he was nowhere near Denver, and another couple was falsely convicted of killing his father based on the dream of a drug abuser.
A witness saw them drive home, but was not allowed to testify, and the other witness who claimed to id them- the janitor lied under pressure from the prosecutor. I've followed this case very closely.
There is DNA- it does NOT match. The killer is someone else, and there is a better suspect.

Have you seen the interrogation tapes where they feed him the details??? I have. He had no idea how Kent was killed. This was nothing more than a dream. False confessions do happen bizarre as they are. John Mark Karr did it in the JonBenet Ramsey case when he was nowhere near Denver, and another couple was falsely convicted of killing his father based on the dream of a drug abuser.
A witness saw them drive home, but was not allowed to testify, and the other witness who claimed to id them- the janitor lied under pressure from the prosecutor. I've followed this case very closely.
There is DNA- it does NOT match. The killer is someone else, and there is a better suspect.

Yep, I've seen the tape. Like I said sh*! got real-he wanted it off his chest, but he didn't want to spend the rest of life in jail, so he acted like he didn't know details until the cops reminded him of what he already knew-he just wasn't ready to be put on trial for murder.

As far as the DNA goes-since he was beaten in a parking lot face down and strangled, he could have picked up DNA from the street, the boys, probably had a good amount of random DNA on them since they were just in a club/bar.
I think they are both guilty-I think it is unfortunate we can't link DNA to them yet

Yep, I've seen the tape. Like I said sh*! got real-he wanted it off his chest, but he didn't want to spend the rest of life in jail, so he acted like he didn't know details until the cops reminded him of what he already knew-he just wasn't ready to be put on trial for murder.

As far as the DNA goes-since he was beaten in a parking lot face down and strangled, he could have been picked up DNA from the street, the boys probably had a good amount of random DNA on them since they were just in a club/bar.
I think they both guilty-I think it is unfortunate we can't link DNA to them yet
It is NOT either of their DNA. The police did not thoroughly investigate Michael Boyd, who was the last person to see him alive, and has told 5 different stories!
I sure wouldn't convict somebody based on a "dream"!!!

It is NOT either of their DNA. The police did not thoroughly investigate Michael Boyd, who was the last person to see him alive, and has told 5 different stories!
I sure wouldn't convict somebody based on a "dream"!!!

I think he was feeling the guilt of what they did and that was the way he got it off his chest "a dream"-just distancing himself from it as he probably can't handle the reality of what they had done.
I would have convicted them

I think he was feeling the guilt of what they did and that was the way he got it off his chest "a dream"-just distancing himself from it as he probably can't handle the reality of what they had done.
I would have convicted them

I had a dream last night. I was flying - it was great. But it doesn't mean that I no longer need to drive to work. Sometimes dreams are just that : dreams.

I had a dream last night. I was flying - it was great. But it doesn't mean that I no longer need to drive to work. Sometimes dreams are just that : dreams.

I don't know-did anyone report seeing a flying CAT in the area

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState