Found Deceased MO - Linda McLaughlin, 57, Sunset Hills, 1 June 2015 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Her car was found near a big park with a few water sources & LE has called off the search at the family farm. I wonder if they will begin searching this park?

Her car was found near a big park with a few water sources & LE has called off the search at the family farm. I wonder if they will begin searching this park?
wondering that and also intrigued that they found her gps hidden in a toolbox at the business.....hmmmm

eta......if the park doesn't pan out, they should check the river close to the business imo

Queen - from your post..

The GPS device that tracked the vehicle’s movements had been removed from her car and police found it in a toolbox inside the business, the sources said.

Uh oh. Also, the son says that the GPS indicated that the car was driven to the business on Monday, but could it have been that just the GPS system was moved to that location? Does anyone who knows more about this technology have any idea? I mean, if someone removed the GPS system and brought it to Hoist & Crane, would the son who reviewed the GPS data have seen that movement and assumed it was the GPS and the car? Can a GPS continue to record geodata when it has been removed from a car?

wondering that and also intrigued that they found her gps hidden in a toolbox at the business.....hmmmm

eta......if the park doesn't pan out, they should check the river close to the business imo

I have got to stop scan reading!! I missed this!

Queen - from your post..

Uh oh. Also, the son says that the GPS indicated that the car was driven to the business on Monday, but could it have been that just the GPS system was moved to that location? Does anyone who knows more about this technology have any idea? I mean, if someone removed the GPS system and brought it to Hoist & Crane, would the son who reviewed the GPS data have seen that movement and assumed it was the GPS and the car? Can a GPS continue to record geodata when it has been removed from a car?
i follow what you're asking, i'm just not familiar enough w/gps to know the answer and mr. bee isn't home.......i'm wondering if maybe her car was taken to the business w/her in it......then she was transported to the river in a company vehicle to dump......the gps was removed and hidden, her car was dumped where it was later located......but how did that person get back to their vehicle is the question.......i'm thinking if she's not in the water at the park, she's in the river :(............i think a fight ensued after she returned home monday night, she had a "visitor" that wanted to discuss the upcoming meeting and things escalated......

did you see my theory, what do y'all think? holes?

My first thought has always been the Meramec River. But I was thinking look for the car in the river. It is between their home and business. Very close to the business. My son said he and 3 buddies drove by there on a midnight White Castle run last night. He was "kinda creeped out" he said.

Just some sleuthing and musings

For years Linda was listed on the MO business filings as Pres and Board of Dir. John was listed as Secy.
The address for both of them was Meadowglen.
In 2010 the address is changed to an address on Rock Hill for the Secy. Zillow shows this home was sold 2009 so I'm guessing he or they bought this house. But, it also went from John McL to John C. So I'm not sure if this is the husband or a son.

In 2011 the business filing lists a VP for the first time. John K on Meadowglen. John C on Rock Hill as Secy. The same is true for 2013 filing. The 2015 filing which was due in April is not listed.
So at some point either the son was added or the husband was added.

I wonder if this house has been searched? It was easy for me to find the alternate address so I assume LE has too. The homes are 4mi
apart. But is this husband or son?

If Linda was the owner of record and they were getting a divorce the settlement would have had something in it about the business. Or maybe she was refusing to part with it or buy him out.

i have checked all the link sources on this thread and also a web search and nothing as far as an update :(

any local scuttle from there luvhockey?

any family scuttle azure?

poor linda........i can't stop thinking of her :rose:

I've heard nothing new today on the news or paper. Looking at the facebook page which I don't think I can link it says the ******** page to raise money for his bond was reported and taken down.
Interesting that someone that would report it would be one of the people with the most to loose in this case.
Even though the first trial was vacated he is still in prison with a 500k bond. They were trying to raise 50k to get him out.

ETA oops apparently I can't say that money raising funding page either

I've heard nothing new today on the news or paper. Looking at the facebook page which I don't think I can link it says the ******** page to raise money for his bond was reported and taken down.
Interesting that someone that would report it would be one of the people with the most to loose in this case.
Even though the first trial was vacated he is still in prison with a 500k bond. They were trying to raise 50k to get him out.

ETA oops apparently I can't say that money raising funding page either

uhhh what???? who's bond? did i miss something???

what trial? think you might have the wrong case luv lol or i DID miss a lot

OMG, you're right, I've got another case on the brain too. So sorry.
Ok the newest I've heard is she ate at Joe Boccardi's restaurant on Mon evening which is a few miles from her home.
There is another vigil tonight at 8:45.

Again, sorry. That was dumb of me

Husband of missing Sunset Hills woman has told police all he knows, his lawyer says

snipped
Family and friends of Linda McLaughlin plan to hold a vigil tonight in front of her home, to mark one week since her disappearance. It is scheduled to start at 8:45 p.m. at Meadowglen and Hedgefield lanes.

Meanwhile, the attorney hired by McLaughlin's husband defended him as "a very solid citizen" who has told police all he knows.

"He had completely cooperated with police for many, many hours and many, many days," Scott Rosenblum said Monday of his client, John McLaughlin. "There is no additional information he has to offer."

Also from that article is this new info: (the article is kinda long, worth reading bc I can't copy too much of it)

Linda McLaughlin's brother, Rich Sexton, is staying with his elderly father while the search is going on. He said one interesting development is that Linda McLaughlin's prized bracelet showed up at the couple's farm home near Gerald last week.

The bracelet was a Christmas present from her son John McLaughlin Jr., his wife and their two sons. The day before she disappeared, she was with relatives from southeastern Missouri at a winery.

"She was showing it off to them," Sexton said.

Then, when Linda McLaughlin went missing, police went to the house on the farm near Gerald. Her bracelet was found there, Sexton said. "There's no conceivable way that that got out there through Linda, because she was not there on her own accord," Sexton said. "She hasn't been out there since January."

Her brother also says the husband has not attended the vigils.

Very interesting. When I read the article this morning it had not been updated. Thanks.
I wonder if they will be searching in Gerald again today.

Halfway through the posts on this thread my working theory was that since compromises had been reached her dinner out with friends was a celebratory event - the divorce is about to settle, happy times, new beginnings etc. I was thinking that perhaps after she dropped her last friend of she met with random foul play, car jacking, robbery, something along those lines.

But then I reached the posts with updates that the vehicle was found at the park but the GPS had been recently removed and was found at the family business. That is one very troubling fact and has me doing an about face. Seems as if the foul play could have originated much closer to home.

I agree, the Meramac being so close to the family business where the GPS was located should be prompting searches in that area at this point. I don't have a good feeling about this outcome.

OMG, you're right, I've got another case on the brain too. So sorry.
Ok the newest I've heard is she ate at Joe Boccardi's restaurant on Mon evening which is a few miles from her home.
There is another vigil tonight at 8:45.

Again, sorry. That was dumb of me
np luv i hear ya :hug: and thanks for the latest :seeya:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members