Found Deceased MO - Linda McLaughlin, 57, Sunset Hills, 1 June 2015 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Also from that article is this new info: (the article is kinda long, worth reading bc I can't copy too much of it)

Her brother also says the husband has not attended the vigils.

:thud: the verification i needed (the bracelet):( omg linda..........oh no :(

[snip] McLaughlin's brother, Rich Sexton [snip] said one interesting development is that Linda McLaughlin's prized bracelet showed up at the couple's farm home near Gerald last week. [snip] The day before she disappeared, she was with relatives from southeastern Missouri at a winery.

"She was showing it off to them," Sexton said.

In addition, several of the women she had dinner with on Monday night said she was also showing the bracelet to them, Sexton said

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_b4e20cb1-8b4a-5e58-a913-9f4f7c144b36.html

Begs the question how did the bracelet make it back to the farm if Linda didn't? Or did she?

Fyi, it is about 1-1.25 hrs from the Sunset Hills home to the home in Gerald which is 7792 Angell Rd.
I was surprised when looking at it on Google Earth how big the home was. I was picturing the normal type of ranch home on farm acreage. Gerald is a normal widening in the road town on country roads.

We know that JM moved out and was living elsewhere after the OP. Has it been confirmed that he was living at the farm property the couple owned or is he living at a third thus far unnamed location? The bracelet added to the GPS and both being located at areas that are specific to the M family is very telling.

More info from a local/neighborhood paper.
McLaughlin, 57, went to dinner with a group of friends on Monday, June 1, dropped one of them off at Aberdeen Heights in Kirkwood around 7 p.m. and hasn't been seen since. A neighbor who she had plans to walk with at 7:30 p.m. that night became concerned when she never showed up or called to say she wouldn't be there

A charm bracelet given to Linda by her son John and his wife, Renee, and her two grandsons this past Christmas was found in a barn on the property in Gerald on Wednesday

http://www.southcountytimes.com/Articles-Breaking-News-i-2015-06-05-195645.114137-Vigil-To-Be-Held-Monday-Evening-For-Missing-Sunset-Hills-Woman.html#axzz3cZOUz5dG

:bump:

thinking of you linda and holding onto hope

:rose:

Stephanie Diffin ‏@DiffinKSDK 4h4 hours ago Missouri, USA

Records show missing Sunset Hills woman called police in Apr. saying husband threatened her. Husband's attorney calls report vague @ksdknews

just checked all resources on this thread....nothing new:(

:rose: linda........holding onto hope

Absolutely nothing going on in this case. Nothing in the media anyway. No mention on the news, paper, internet etc.
It's like, they found her car, bracelet and gps then nothin'. I'm sure there is things going on in the background. Trying to see if a family memberor someone cracks. The husband is the obvious suspect but someone has to know something. If it's a family member who left the car in St Louis how did they get elsewhere? An accomplice or a cab? Was she and the bracelet taken to Gerald together or was the bracelet taken out later?
I think she is either somewhere in the Gerald area or in the Meramec/Mississippi
Sorry, just rambling and throwing things out higgly-piggly

Stephanie Diffin retweeted
kay quinn KSDK ‏@kayquinn 4h4 hours ago St Louis, MO

Missing Sunset Hills woman had filed for order of protection 2 mos before she disappeared.

Stephanie Diffin ‏@DiffinKSDK 1h1 hour ago Missouri, USA

Missing Sunset Hills woman wrote she was 'very afraid' of her husband in petition for order of protection filed in April @ksdknews

Stephanie Diffin ‏@DiffinKSDK 1h1 hour ago Missouri, USA

Husband's attorney says orders of protection like the one filed are 'not uncommon' when couples go through domestic situations @ksdknews

yeah i just BET he said that :mad:

:rose: poor linda.......holding onto hope here but it's getting very difficult to do so :(

IMO, living a nice lifestyle, divorcing at this age means that family business would be really strained financially. Maybe even have to be sold. I could see a man killing his spouse to save his company. It isn't right and I wouldn't do it, but some would. Especially if money might help keep a new young girlfriend interested longer. All of this is complete theory on my part.

IMO, living a nice lifestyle, divorcing at this age means that family business would be really strained financially. Maybe even have to be sold. I could see a man killing his spouse to save his company. It isn't right and I wouldn't do it, but some would. Especially if money might help keep a new young girlfriend interested longer. All of this is complete theory on my part.

Just wanted to point out that Linda is the owner of the company and John is the general manager. Harm may have come to Linda because someone did not want to get cut out of the business and any $$ associated with it, but ex couldn't 'save' the business he didn't own.

http://fox2now.com/2015/06/03/family-pleads-for-information-on-missing-sunset-hills-woman/

Absolutely nothing going on in this case. Nothing in the media anyway. No mention on the news, paper, internet etc.
It's like, they found her car, bracelet and gps then nothin'. I'm sure there is things going on in the background. Trying to see if a family memberor someone cracks. The husband is the obvious suspect but someone has to know something. If it's a family member who left the car in St Louis how did they get elsewhere? An accomplice or a cab? Was she and the bracelet taken to Gerald together or was the bracelet taken out later?
I think she is either somewhere in the Gerald area or in the Meramec/Mississippi
Sorry, just rambling and throwing things out higgly-piggly

Some more higgly-piggly thoughts. Was she attacked at the house? Pretty tight time frame between leaving dinner and missing appointment to walk with her friend. The Gerald farm: was Linda taken to the farm where she purposely made sure her bracelet came off and got left there when she realized she was in trouble? Any old wells or mines on the farm?

I want Linda to be alive and well, but her situation is not looking very good right now.

the tight time frame between dropping off friend at 7 and the missed walk at 7:30 does seem so tight. I would think that Linda could drop off her friend at 7 and be at her own house at 7:15. The distance is not that far. I guess that makes me think that she either met with harm on the way home or very quickly after she got home.

and since the bracelet was found at her farm, I am assuming that the harm occurred at home. Because a random carjacking does not lead the jacker to the farm. in any capacity.

i am assuming that the police are looking into any overnight activities from the husband? because I would think that then he would need to get her or her body to the farm and be back in the city by morning so he is not missed at work. i wish i could think of any sure surveillance cameras he would have to pass, but i cannot think of any facing a road he would be sure to have had to have taken.

Carondelet park, where the car was discovered, is a big park but it is also one with heavy traffic. both cars and people. It is very close to hwy 55, which travels south, not west which is where the farm and the business are found. but it is very close to the highway. and it is not very far from hwy 270 which goes right by her home.

If i were from sunset hills and needed to drop off a car in the city, I would do it at carondelet park. Abandoned cars in the city happen all the time unfortunately. Not so much in sunset hills. the question then is - how would i get home after i dropped off the car? i wonder if the family business had any jobs happening in or near carondelet. i could then stage one of the work vehicles in or near the park and then drive it back to the business and get in my car and go home and pretend to be asleep. anyone in the company remember a vehicle that was left near carondelet for any reason?

the tight time frame between dropping off friend at 7 and the missed walk at 7:30 does seem so tight. I would think that Linda could drop off her friend at 7 and be at her own house at 7:15. The distance is not that far. I guess that makes me think that she either met with harm on the way home or very quickly after she got home.

and since the bracelet was found at her farm, I am assuming that the harm occurred at home. Because a random carjacking does not lead the jacker to the farm. in any capacity.

i am assuming that the police are looking into any overnight activities from the husband? because I would think that then he would need to get her or her body to the farm and be back in the city by morning so he is not missed at work. i wish i could think of any sure surveillance cameras he would have to pass, but i cannot think of any facing a road he would be sure to have had to have taken.

Carondelet park, where the car was discovered, is a big park but it is also one with heavy traffic. both cars and people. It is very close to hwy 55, which travels south, not west which is where the farm and the business are found. but it is very close to the highway. and it is not very far from hwy 270 which goes right by her home.

If i were from sunset hills and needed to drop off a car in the city, I would do it at carondelet park. Abandoned cars in the city happen all the time unfortunately. Not so much in sunset hills. the question then is - how would i get home after i dropped off the car? i wonder if the family business had any jobs happening in or near carondelet. i could then stage one of the work vehicles in or near the park and then drive it back to the business and get in my car and go home and pretend to be asleep. anyone in the company remember a vehicle that was left near carondelet for any reason?
oh mcfluffy i am certainly glad to hear all this input and you sound like a local! it's so distressing that linda's case seems to have fallen off the radar as far as the media :(

i hope that husband of hers cannot sneeze without hearing a "god bless you" from a LEO :mad: .............let's hope they are watching him just THAT closely!

i really felt she was in the river (:() until i heard about the bracelet..........i think they better recheck the farm.......she's there, they just need to look harder........

oh linda :(

:rose: not giving up hope but it would be great to have a sliver of good news about now :heartbeat:

The area the car was left is mainly residential houses with a few apartment buildings and restaurants. I don't know of anything in the area that does manufacturing and would need hoists and cranes. The company sells, repairs and installs hoists/cranes. They don't use the kind of cranes and hoists at a construction site. It isn't the kind of crane like a caterpillar/tractor type of cranes you see used when building.
http://stlcrane.com/

thanks, luvhockey. looking at the website, you are right - no reason for a work vehicle to be near the car site.

So i wonder... if someone disposed of her car and that someone had to get back to Sunset Hills, how would they do that unless they had help? bus? accomplice? paid job?

does the company have a tow truck? that would be interesting.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3
Back