MO - Lindsay, 8, & Samuel Porter, 7, Independence, 6 June 2004

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
lymom3 said:
As jaded and cynical as I think I am I guess that I still can't wrap my mind around the idea that people can do that. It's bad enough that people can do the things that they do to strangers but doing that to your own flesh and blood just is something that is more than I can even fathom....
I don't get it either, lymom3. I don't think any "normal" people do. I wouldn't hurt my dog to get back at an ex. Let alone my children. Unfathomable.

As twisted as the guy is, I think he probably has told the truth - although it's been drowned out in the sea of lies he's also told. He's said they're safe. He's said he killed them. He's said he sold them. He's said he has no idea where they are.

I'd like to believe the children are safe somewhere, but I just don't think that's plausible. Why would you throw away all of their clothes? Who could be hiding them for all this time? And if he did hide them away with somebody because he was convinced they'd been harmed while in the mother's care, why wouldn't he just tell the judge that during sentencing?

And now he wants his ex dead. Why have her killed? He can't continue to torment her if she's dead. All these things make me think he killed those children the same day he took them.

I pray I'm wrong.

I tend to agree with JessTexas:

The reason he will not admit it, is because it would lead to "finality" of the "control and manipulation" that he has been centre stage as both Actor, Producer and Director for some time now.

Some people with a particular Personality Disorder, do not see their children as children, they see them as "object" for their own use. They do not see the children as individuals, they see them again as object to be used and abused as the "adult" wants.

Death is the ultimate form of control. This man has real control issues, first unfortunately, I do agree that he may have harmed the kids. Then he torments his ex wife. But alas, that is not enough, he has to kill her, again to control and "get back" and even with her.

Remember when he was in court, there was some sign that was held up something to the effect of Chlsea. Everyone "jumped" and thought OMG this may be a clue. But it was a message for his "roomies" daughter.

He does things, ever so slight that many lead to the kids, and he knows that everyone jumps........

He will never admit the truth, even in his last dying breath.

CyberLaw said:
He will never admit the truth, even in his last dying breath.
He is one that I think I could throttle without feeling bad at all. I hope there is a very special place in the afterlife for him....

I think that to throttle this man is "just too good for him".......I can (unfortunately) think of many, many more "inhumane" methods to "ensure that he suffers". The movies in the SAW category come to mind.

But yes, I do hope that he does somehow "suffer" for what he has done to not only the children, but to his ex wife. I can't even begin to imagine the pain, each and every day that she experiences. I hope I never have to.....

He is just one sick puppy who should be "put down".

It's to bad that someone in that prison doesn't just take care of this guy. It is hard to believe that the kids are still alive but he will never tell if they are or not. If they were alive you would think that they would call someone..even 911. He probably did murder them the day that he took them.

I wonder why he hates his wife so much? This is just above and beyond being vindictive. This guy has to be off in the head. This just isn't normal. It's sad because as long as the wife doesn't know what has happened to her kids her ex has control over her. I wish someone would just take him out there in the prison. He has no right to be breathing.

Also there are tons of videos on YouTube. Just run a search on their names. Tina was on Catherine Cryer Live today at 4. I don't know if it will be on again, I think it is a live show so it isn't likely. However, a copy of it will be on the website linked above this post soon.

I saw Tina and I believe it was her attorney on CC. She firmly believes that the kids are still alive. I wish Catherine had asked her "wouldn't the oldest have called her mom at some point if they were still alive or called 911." That just makes sense to me. If they are living with someone that person can't watch the kids every second of every day. The kids are both old enough to pick up a phone and dial 911. Wouldn't they do that if they could? Even if the kids were being home schooled they would be around a phone at some time with a chance to use it for a few seconds.

I suppose that the dad could have told them that their mother had gotten killed in a car accident or something like that and they may have believed him. That way they wouldn't even know that they are missing. Whoever has the kids would have to know the truth it would seem. Where would they think the dad is if they didn't know the truth? I wonder who the dad writes to from prison. He must get word to "whoever" somehow. Letters can be read by wardens and phone calls can be recorded. I hope LE is doing that at least.

It seems that Tina had some ideas of where the kids could be but she was having a difficult time getting those states/countys to cooperate. It's to bad that she doesn't have the money to hire a private investigator. That just might work.

Bobbi,

It seems like Dr. Phil could offer a PI for her as a follow-up to the show he did on the case.

There are a lot of scenerios.

If they are with other people, they could have told the kids something happened to the parent(s).

Family could be involved also. How many times have you seen Dan's side of the family coming forward making pleas as to the kids whereabouts?

As Tina stated on CC Live, Dan told the kids they were going on vacation in Arkansas that weekend. One of the kids told this to one of their classmates the last few days of school. Dan's mother lives in Arkansas.

Independence police did go visit her, but are there other family members/friends in Arkansas? I believe only Dan's side of the family could answer that question.

The FBI offered to profile Dan Porter based on audio/video recordings from interrigations, but Independence police have refused their assistance.

I can't say for certain, but I don't even know if Independence police were involved in the most recent search in Sugar Creek, MO. That may have been done by Sugar Creek on their own.

My thoughts on this case:
The first thing people heard when this first happened was,
"Sam and Lindsey are missing. Daniel Porter was arrested, and police found guns in the Missouri River."

What wasn't broadcast in the beginning was, "Dan threw the guns in the river the weekend prior to picking up the kids when they dissapeared."

Dan told law enforcement several things. I killed them. I sold them. They are with friends.

An axe with blood was found in the woods in Sugar Creek. The blood turned out to be that of an animal, not human.

In the jail :behindbar audio , he stated they were with a well off family.

He stated "Chloe" was a big clue.

Looking at the above statements, he's done a very good job throwing law enforcement off on several occasions. :liar:

Also looking at the above statements, don't you think his family would be on TV on CC Live, Geraldo, in the newspaper making statements? I've not seen that.

I believe the kids are safe somewhere, and I hope I am right.

http://www.samandlindseyporter.org

When I saw new post on this case, I was hoping to see that the kids had been found. I hope that LE is still giving this case the attention it deserves.

obviously Dan is happy to go to jail for kidnapping, because its a hell of alot shorter than the sentence for two murders. Which he committed. All of his stories and smoke and mirrors are just that, smoke and mirrors. He killed the kids the day he took them.

I am sorry to say this but I agree. I can not imagine anyone having them and not coming forward. I pray that he will one day soon he will tell where they are so that they can be properly buried.

I'm afraid the only recourse one has at this point is to find the bodies. That's the only way to get him.

For more than two years, Tina Porter has searched for her missing children, Sam and Lindsey. Today, that undertaking reached a new level.

The Independence woman announced the opening of the Sam and Lindsey Support Center, a non-profit organization that dedicated to following leads in the case and those of other missing children.

The center also will work to secure stronger legislation for the Amber Alert system and to hold monthly meetings for parents who have been victim of parental kidnappings or stranger abductions.

The center is at 1425 S. Noland Road in Independence.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/news/breaking_news/16706485.htm

This is one case where I wish torture was still used in this country. That's probably the only way anyone's going to know what became of these children. I'm glad to see this center opened. I hope they find Sam and Lindsey.

Jesstexas said:
Have they thoroughly searched the yard of her house? If he killed those children, he seems like exactly the type of person who would buy them very close to HER, both to implicate her and to torment her. Plus, he said at some point that "they're right there."
That just made me feel sick. I hope these kids are found alive and can be returned where they belong.

Chloe was another inmates daughters name while Dan was in the Jackson County Jail. It was nothing more than that.

It looks like he is smirking behind that legal pad. Indepmo is right it just looks like the cell mate doodled his daughters name on the back of a legal pad. I somehow missed why he was going into court or when that shot was taken. Anyone know.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
539edtje
Back