MO - Lindsay, 8, & Samuel Porter, 7, Independence, 6 June 2004

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wish some inmate would choke the truth out of this monster. It seems to me that if the kids were still alive they would have figured out a way to get in contact with their mother. Does she have the same phone number as when they were at home? How old would the kids be by now? They were old enough when their dad took them that they wouldn't have forgotten their mom.

ABCNews.com is reporting that Sam and Lindsey's bodies have been found. :(

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=3578352

Newspaper: Children's Bodies Found

Newspaper: Bodies of Children Missing for 3 Years Found East of Kansas City

The Associated Press
INDEPENDENCE, Mo. Sep 9, 2007 (AP)

The mother of two children missing since 2004 says police have found their remains in woods east of Kansas City, a newspaper reported Sunday.
Tina Porter told the Kansas City Star that Independence police officers arrived at her house Sunday morning to give her the news that they found the remains of Sam and Lindsey Porter in the woods in Sugar Creek, about eight miles from Kansas City.

adsonar_placementId=1280488;adsonar_pid=43749;adsonar_ps=-1;adsonar_zw=165;adsonar_zh=220;adsonar_jv='ads.adsonar.com';

"Maj. (Gregg) Wilkinson said they were 99 percent sure that it was Sam and Lindsey," she said. Police said they expected to have test results back in about 24 hours.
Police declined to comment Sunday, but police vehicles lined the road Sunday near the wooded area.
Sam and Lindsey Porter were 7 and 8 years old when their father, Dan Porter, picked them up from his estranged wife on June 5, 2004, for a weekend visit. The children haven't been seen since.

another link:

http://www.kansascity.com/679/story/267668.html

Remains may be missing Porter children

By JUDY THOMAS

The Kansas City Star

Lindsey and Sam Porter
Authorities believe they have found the remains of two Independence children missing since June 2004, the mother of Sam and Lindsey Porter said this afternoon.

Tina Porter told The Kansas City Star that Independence police officers arrived at her house at 9:30 a.m. to give her the devastating news that they found the remains in the woods along Cement City Road in Sugar Creek.
“Maj. (Gregg) Wilkinson said they were 99 percent sure that it was Sam and Lindsey,” she said through sobs. She said police told her that they expected to have test results back in about 24 hours.
She said the news was numbing.

“It was like watching a movie,” she said. “I saw the police cars drive up, and my first thought was that they were coming to tell me they’d found Sam and Lindsey alive. I feel so sick. It just doesn’t seem real.”
Police declined to comment this afternoon, but police vehicles lined the road Sunday along the wooded area where the remains were found.

I had so hoped he had sent them away somewhere and that they were alive and someone was keeping them in hiding.

Oh that (every bad name in the book here).

But at least they found them.

Police have confirmed that they have found what appears to be a grave in an area that they have been searching for the missing Porter children. Officers on the scene said they have found bones that appear to be human.

Our partners at the Kansas City Star reports that Tina Porter said Independence police came to her home today and told her that they're "99 percent sure" that her children's remains had been found. Police vehicles line a road in Sugar Creek near the spot where the remains were found.

The Star reported that the Porter woman said police told her that they expected to have test results back in about 24 hours to confirm the identification of Sam and Lindsey Porter.

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/conten...ntent_id=f653f262-b41e-4cf0-8da7-485bae84c9b0

This is terrible news, and my heart is breaking for the mom. I hope she has a strong network of family and friends to help her through this.
I knew it was unlikely, but of course we always want these children to be found safe, not like this.
Lanie

This is terrible news. Indy sent me an email and asked if I'd heard this, and I hadn't. I haven't turned on the TV all day, so I missed this story. I'd held out hope they'd find these two children alive, but I knew the chances were slim. I hope they give him the DP. MO has no problem executing their criminals on DR.

Aw, how sad. This reminds me of that other case where the father took the kids from their mom, killed them and buried them in OH, and then shot himself.

RIP, Sam and Lindsey. :blowkiss: :blowkiss: My heart and prayers go out to their mom and family. :(

What scum that man is! And to tell such horrible lies on top of everything he has done! He will rot in hell without a doubt.

Bless Tina Porter and those poor children. I can't imagine how awful it was to see LE pull up to the house and have that spark of hope for an instant to be told they probably found their bodies. Horrendous!

I wonder how far away Sugar Creek is from where she lives? Anyone know?

I had really hoped that that creep had left the kids with someone who was raising them with love. Poor Tina has hoped and hung in there trying to find her little ones for so long. What a horrible ending to those two little lives. I'll never understand how a father could want revenge so bad against his wife or ex-wife that he would murder their children. They were his children too!

I'll bet that creep never thought the kids would be found. Well surprise surprise! Now let's hope that he gets the death penalty. There is nothing bad enough that they could do to him that would make up for the deaths of those two innocent little kids and the hell he put Tina through though.

I am glad that Tina finally has an answer though instead of going through the rest of her life never knowing where her children are or what happened to them. I don't think that creep would ever have told.

that poor mother....to at least have the hope that they were alive only to have it end with their death, only good thing is at least she knows now :(
May the father rot in H E L L

Aw, how sad. This reminds me of that other case where the father took the kids from their mom, killed them and buried them in OH, and then shot himself.

Me too, TM. Well actually that case reminded me of this one... I thought those kids were Sam and Lindsey (then). Man, this news makes me so sad. :( Prayers for their mom and family....

How very sad for Tina. I just knew that SOB killed his kids and we would have NEVER told anyone. At least she now has soem answers even though they are not the ones she wants at least she doesn't have to wonder anymore.

I just found an articel and this man is just a piece of work...read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/115/story/268354.html

Apparently, a life of confinement suited him just fine.
“Man, I’m eating this up,” he said in a Jackson County jail phone call recorded in February 2006. “Being able to sleep extra, take a nap in the middle of the day if I want, play cards...”
He said fellow inmates couldn’t figure out why he was so cheerful.
Most inmates, Porter noted, are “worried about what’s going to happen to them.”
“I’m living better in here than I did part of the time growing up,” he said.
“And it’s free.”

Me too, TM. Well actually that case reminded me of this one... I thought those kids were Sam and Lindsey (then). Man, this news makes me so sad. :( Prayers for their mom and family....

This is why parental abductions should be taken as seriously as stranger abductions but they seldom are. It shows that a parent is unstable when they take off with the children during custody battles.

God bless the babies. I hope the slime gets the DP for this.

I feel somewhat better now that Tina finally has some answers, although this is definately not the answer I was hoping for.
My heart breaks for her and her poor children. I hate to imagine what they went though.

Apparently, a life of confinement suited him just fine.
“Man, I’m eating this up,” he said in a Jackson County jail phone call recorded in February 2006. “Being able to sleep extra, take a nap in the middle of the day if I want, play cards...”
He said fellow inmates couldn’t figure out why he was so cheerful.
Most inmates, Porter noted, are “worried about what’s going to happen to them.”
“I’m living better in here than I did part of the time growing up,” he said.
“And it’s free.”

This guy disgusts me. I think all of his privledges should be revoked and he should be forced into manual labor. What a scum bag.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow
Back