MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize if this has been brought up , I am trying my best to keep up! But what really bothers me is this,,, My husband travels for business a lot and I always keep my cell phone near by. I keep it plugged in at night next to my bed, I don't think that is unusual, especially in a home where there is no land line. Also the whole, "I was reprogramming the phones" seems a little strange to me,, everytime I have gotten a new phone they have done that for me at the store..

If you turn it off....it makes a big static noise on the parents' monitor, and would alert the parent that the monitor in the baby's room has been turned off.

So, does it sound like whoever did this was familiar with baby monitors and knew it would make a loud noise?:waitasec:

I wonder if JI only drove the van for work or if he was allowed to use it for some personal use as well. Would seeing the van gone be a sign that he would be out of the house for a while if you were keeping an eye on the place?

I don't think this has anything to do with the case but I have seen several people make reference today that Deborah is a smoker. How is that known?

IIRC the verified local poster said that the parents would be outside smoking, and have the kids out there with them.

I apologize if this has been brought up , I am trying my best to keep up! But what really bothers me is this,,, My husband travels for business a lot and I always keep my cell phone near by. I keep it plugged in at night next to my bed, I don't think that is unusual, especially in a home where there is no land line. Also the whole, "I was reprogramming the phones" seems a little strange to me,, everytime I have gotten a new phone they have done that for me at the store..

I think it was reported that a family member gave her their old/spare phone so no trip to the store was involved.

Regarding the re-enactment of the alleged break-in through the window:

Since the psychological profile of someone kidnapping a baby is likely to be a woman who seeks a baby to raise as her own, why didn't LE have one of those female officers try to climb in the window?

The average male is 5'10" tall. I have no idea how tall those officers were, but they both looked @ least 5'10", and they had noticeable difficulty gaining entry & required assistance.

The average female is, I believe, 5'4" tall. If the female officer who videoed the re-enactment is 5'4" tall, there's no way she would have been able to climb up into that window on her own (without someone giving her a boost or without something to step up onto - and even then, I think it would be very challenging), judging by her height in relation to the windowsill - it was waaaay too high.

Geez - if they're going to do a re-enactment - then at least cover ALL the possibilities.

I didn't attempt a reenactment, but I'm 5'4" and know that I wouldn't be able to climb through the computer room window in the Irwin home. I walked around my house outdoors and noted that all but three windows (in back of the house - great room, dining room) are too high for me to enter through a window. Our lot slopes slightly, so even though the house is all on one level (with a full basement), most of the windows are too high for even a tall person to climb into.

Good point. I have a land line ,but when my husband is out of town I keep the cell phone next to it in case the LL has been cut.

What I heard in the beginning was that she was adding the contacts from her old phone to the new ones. Not sure if that would be referred to as reprogramming.

I keep mine by the bed at night, during the day it's wherever I am. However, my husband leaves his in his office at night. My daughter, like me, has hers wherever she is. I noticed that my son and his wife leave their's on a charger in the kitchen at night. Guess it's just a matter of preference.

Ok, so not quite 6 pm PST yet! LOL!

I have to say that I would know something was wrong immediately too. I had a burglary, and knew. Hard to explain, but when I got out of the car, I had this eery feeling.

Not key, but Kyron! :)

I'd know too. Came home one after noon and noticed the slightest thing-- my doorbell switch had been moved, it was in a stuck position...luckily our mailman saw someone trying to enter the house. Mailman yelled at the almost breaker in person and called 911. I had the strangest feeling as pulled into the drive way.

imo

http://www.kjrh.com/dpp/news/national/Police-back-at-home-of-Kansas-City-missing-baby

An interesting take from a former police officer about the re-enactment:

A re-enactor likely walked through the house holding a doll about the same size and weight as Lisa to see how an abductor might have navigated the home in the middle of the night when everyone was asleep, he said. The goal would be to find small details that might initially have been overlooked or a trigger that could shift the investigation in a whole new direction.

Read more: http://www.kjrh.com/dpp/news/national/Police-back-at-home-of-Kansas-City-missing-baby#ixzz1aPfRCy2g

That sounds just like what they were doing.

They weren't trying to prove or disprove anything, they are trying to see what they should be looking for. Makes me wonder if that is even the window they think they might have come in. Just using it for the test then go in the other room where they think they came in and look around.

Kmbc live wire reporting that LE came out in response to neighbors complaints about media.

http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old

MANY complaints!!! They are being so rude and getting on everybody's nerves. It was ok and understandable when the street was blocked off anyway, but they just kept blocking the streets with their trucks and themselves. Blocking a stop sign and with all the gawkers driving through that dont know it exists is an accident waiting to happen. uggg!

If my baby monitor is turned off, from the childrens room, it makes a loud crackling noise on the other end, which is in my room.

Thanks - so we can rule that out. Then why didn't she hear anything, or if she sleeps that soundly, what is the purpose of having the monitor? It is disturbing especially since the baby was reported to be sick.

So, does it sound like whoever did this was familiar with baby monitors and knew it would make a loud noise?:waitasec:

I think it's definitely worth considering. My monitor will make a noise if the channel is switched as well. Someone would have to know this, otherwise, common sense would say to turn it off on the baby's end. Perp had to have known better already.

I have not seen this mentioned. Please excuse me if it has.

Just a theory: The mother might have been drinking that night. She was deep asleep or passed out, so she did not hear anything. Therefore, guilt and suspicious behavior?

Possible?

JMO

Good question, I've thought about that myself. If the mom was "passed out" what about the 2 older children ? wouldn't they have heard something ? I'm still wondering what made the boy wake up and go into bed with mom..:maddening:

Yeah and? LE settled the case as well. LE did wrongly name him the only suspect. No dispute on that. But IMO, RR was exactly where he should have been. Back in prison.

My original point was, he was looked at as the only suspect in the kidnapping of a teenage girl from her house at gunpoint...which changed to knifepoint. Possible life in prison, as opposed to a few years.

Just because someone has a criminal record does not mean they're game for any horrific crime that comes up.

A few days ago, I believe someone posted (somewhere) that Debbi got her "new" phone from her father (his "old" phone), kept her old number and was just going to transfer her contacts manually. It may have been her father that posted it or her cousin. Please take getting a used phone from a family members as just a possibility as to why she would do it manually - I don't have a link. JMO.

After this amount of time wouldn't the phones be dead?

Not to be contradictory, just a question since I never go that long without charging mine.

It's hard to say. I don't use my cell everyday but it only holds a charge for about 4 days. My dh uses his everyday and it stays charged for about 10 days at a time. Guess it depends on the phone's battery strength.

imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member