Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. It's fishing.

Grand juries are not usually "fishing". If they're really taking this to a grand jury, it likely means they think they have enough for an indictment. (Google "ham sandwich" and "grand jury".) This involves not just the police (who I have gradually come to dislike), but also the DA's office, so it has more than one check point. It's not a good sign, for Baby Lisa, as others have noted.

However, given the behavior of LE in this case, I am willing to withhold judgment.

They are almost never made public...
Usually a grand jury is already seated for a certain period of time, so they just go to that one. They are usually done in order to see if they have enough to seek an indictment.

A grand jury replaces the preliminary
hearing in certain cases as a method by
which criminal charges can be filed. A grand
jury is a panel of private citizens, chosen in
a manner similar to the way in which trial
juries are chosen, whose job is to look into
allegations of criminal activity.
The prosecutor presents evidence to the
12 grand jurors, nine of whom must agree
on whether a crime was committed and
whether there is probable cause to believe
the defendant committed it.
As with a preliminary hearing, the case
is either bound over to the circuit court or
the defendant is freed.
Grand jury proceedings are closed to the
public. Defendants do not attend unless they
are testifying as witnesses.

http://ago.mo.gov/publications/courtprocess.pdf

They were in the teen's house today, and looking behind their house...I think this has to do with the teen.

Has it been confirmed whether the teen was interviewed or not?

What?! They went from having no leads to a grand jury hearing evidence??

Just the fact that their is no evidence or leads, inside the house, would lead the police to question that an abduction ever occurred.

I wonder if there was a way to do a chip that either dissolves safely in the body or shuts itself off after 18 years so that when the baby becomes an adult, they can safely move about the planet without worrying that their every movement is being watched. But putting foreign things in the body of a baby kind of scares me because I have no idea what these kinds of things are made of. But I understand us wanting to find a way to know where these children are and saving them as soon as we can.

Where would you put it that an abductor couldn't dig it out?
What if you were fleeing with your kids from an abusive spouse/parent?
I could go on and on.Just not a good idea,IMO,but I get the reasoning behind the idea. :seeya:

Grand juries are not usually "fishing". If they're really taking this to a grand jury, it likely means they think they have enough for an indictment. (Google "ham sandwich" and "grand jury".) This involves not just the police (who I have gradually come to dislike), but also the DA's office, so it has more than one check point. It's not a good sign, for Baby Lisa, as others have noted.

However, given the behavior of LE in this case, I am willing to withhold judgment.

Nicely put!

Does this mean every bit of footage that was shot from the time Lisa went missing? I realize it would include the parents but I would imagine it would show every neighbor who not only commented but was in the background. Am I understanding correctly?

Hi Feisty !
I wondered a/b this too, but, if Jeremy just started taking anti depressant's, when Lisa disappeared, they most likely have not effected him yet. Usually anti depressant's take a couple of weeks to start working. I was on Lexapro long time ago, and I too had the same experience. So that being said, his flat affect bothers me some, there is a pic of him and Debra, where she is leaning into him with her head on his chest, and instead of comforting her, his hands are in his pockets ? :waitasec:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...napping--casting-new-doubt-parents-story.html

I was just guessing that he had been on them before Lisa went missing. I know exactly what pic you are talking about and it bothers me also.

So there's something in the news footage that LE is interested in. Okay, WSers, what have we seen on the news? The house? Her room? Outside of home? Anything else that would have 'evidence'? I'm baffled.

Could the interest be the video taken of the baby's room? That was taken by a local station after LE finished going over the room, right?

imo

I'm probably dating myself, but it would be awful to refer to a child with an identification chip as a "chippy". Rather negative connotation as it referred to an aggressive, belligerent person back in the day...

Really? I heard back in the day a "chippie" was a woman of questionable repute.

Things are just moving right along. :sigh:

None of this looks good for Lisa.

Raw footage - unedited. I wonder what we didn't see? Someone must have told LE. Doesn't sound good for the family.

Just a silly question..How would the cops have a picture of this homeless man? Do we know the first name of the teen that has been questioned?

Probably a mugshot. I don't believe any info has been released about the teen that gave the dna sample.

Now this one disturbs me.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAsfMfD5v_k"]Woman on a mission to help Lisa - YouTube[/ame]

I agree with the fishing after I looked at the subpoena and saw that they aren't meeting until Oct. 18. I thought they were meeting sooner. Then at the bottom it says the subpoena may be satisfied by relenquishing said information to the server. Seems it is not definite her case will go before the gj.
My hopes just sank a bit.

http://media2.nbcactionnews.com/NWT/pdf/20111010_KSHBIrwinSubpoena_1.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads