MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that Irwin just started a job on the night that this happens is what I keep thinking about. I wonder if this information was known by anyone they knew or encountered/are newly acquainted with? I would think if someone knew this they would feel more confident that they could abduct the child or burglarize the home without hubby there. The cell phones being reprogrammed that night and then taken is interesting too. I hope that list will turn a light on and maybe could give them a clue as to who did this.

Praying Lisa is found and that whoever was involved will be found also.

I totally agree and do not think this is a coincidence!

I think Mark Klass right now would be a great tool for both the parents and LE to help the parents calm down a little, so that maybe they can recall, and or get comfort from someone else who lived this nightmare.

Dad comes home notices lights on and a front window open. It was clearly enough to raise alarm, front door open, again I'm sure he was 1/2 into panic mode as he walked into the house. The natural response is to check on the kids & wife.

I think of any of those things were usual then he simply wouldn't remember or even have noted them.

Heck maybe even try hypnotism to see if they can recall anything from memory they might have forgotten. If I were the parent I would.

There isn't a handbook out for parents on how to cope with this nightmare. Families that did live this once are the only ones that can really help with the family to deal with it. This way they can be more of an asset to the search and investigation. LE needs all resources on finding her and not holding hands with the family and worrying about them saying something they shouldn't. Double edge sword I suppose.

We have to remember in all of this that we (or most of us anyway) are thinking logically about what we would do (logically) in this case if it were us, but someone that has the wherewithall to kidnap someone elses baby does not have the same logical thinking that we do. That is what is so difficult about so many crimes like this because what might make sense to us might not even be on radar for the perp. Just like us saying that taking cell phones would be unthinkable, in the perps mind, it might make logical sense for whatever reason.

I think Mark Klass right now would be a great tool for both the parents and LE to help the parents calm down a little, so that maybe they can recall, and or get comfort from someone else who lived this nightmare.

I think the Smarts might be a better choice since the Klass case did not end well...:(

Is it known when Lisa's father left for work ? I wonder how much time passed from when he left for work and Lisa's mom went to bed at 10 :30pm ?

You know it is possible that he or she turned the lights on but because of their panic state of mind they are mistaken or don't recall turning them on but they did.

Did they ever say it wasn't them that turned the lights on? The mom could have just left them on before bedtime.

Another thought I had is that maybe the perp came through another way of entry (is it confirmed they came through a window?) but went out the front door and that's why the door may have been unlocked.

Also, I have a hard time believing the perp would have walked a long way (like through the woods) and carried a baby walking a long way back as well. They had to have come in a vehicle and probably wouldn't have parked that far (again carrying a baby down the street would be very recognizable). What if it was someone living on their block, like a neighbor? That would make more sense because a neighbor could definitely see that the hubby was gone or knew about the hubby's job.

You know it is possible that he or she turned the lights on but because of their panic state of mind they are mistaken or don't recall turning them on but they did.

He's coming home at 4 am, I think he is going to notice the lights on before he gets into the house. Could mean someone up and ill or not sleeping. Then by the door being unlocked, that would be suspicious.

Dad comes home notices lights on and a front window open. It was clearly enough to raise alarm, front door open, again I'm sure he was 1/2 into panic mode as he walked into the house. The natural response is to check on the kids & wife.

I think of any of those things were usual then he simply wouldn't remember or even have noted them.

Would he have noticed the window was open before he realized that Lisa was gone? It is dark out except for the lights coming through the window. I don't think he would have noticed that until he went inside. Unless he parked where he had to walk by it, then he might have noticed.

What direction does he drive when coming home? Does he pass by the window that was open first or the drive way first? Being it is pretty dark, and light on in the front part of house, I question how well he would notice the window open from driving up to the house? I mean some are more observant then others I suppose but would I notice it? Nope, not unless my headlights shined on it. So if he turned into the driveway coming from the left part of house, when turning the headlights would shine on that window. The other way coming from the window that was opened, no the headlights wouldn't shine on that window.

Again just thinking out loud tidbits

"The cell phones being reprogrammed that night". Please help, I'm not familiar with the term.

The cell phones were taken. It was mentioned in the news that the mom had left them all in the kitchen because she had been reprogramming them, putting numbers into them or something.

We don't know which window was left open, the article just said a front window was open.

I haven't read every single post on this thread (so I apologize for repeating what may have been said) but I do wonder if anyone has thought of the similarity between Jessica Lunsford's case and the disappearance of Lisa Irwin.

I think I saw a recent post about "another house being searched" (no link), but the perp in Jessica's case had buried her in a nearby house.

MOO.

This case does have an outward appearance of an X taking the child. "You took my child from me now I'll take yours from you" type deal

I was thinking the same thing but I didn't want to put it out there. It makes me wonder if Lisa became a convenient target rather than the intended target.

I haven't read every single post on this thread (so I apologize for repeating what may have been said) but I do wonder if anyone has thought of the similarity between Jessica Lunsford's case and the disappearance of Lisa Irwin.

I think I saw a recent post about "another house being searched" (no link), but the perp in Jessica's case had buried her in a nearby house.

MOO.

I've thought of it. That case proved that someone can walk into a house, occupied by two adults, a child and a dog and abduct the child. Leaving and no one being any wiser. Though if I remember correctly he didn't leave any lights on.

I was thinking the same thing but I didn't want to put it out there. It makes me wonder if Lisa became a convenient target rather than the intended target.

Or a revenge thing. You took my child so I will take yours. But that doesn't explain why LE is continuing to look at the home and surrounding area so closely.

Um could taking the cell phones be so the perp could get information (numbers) to call to ask for a ransom. Is this what LE was thinking on the evening they first arrived on scene therefor the Amber Alert?

Did dad notice that one of the boys was not in his bed (if one was sleeping with mom, as I thought I read someplace...) before he went into the baby's room? An article said he checked on the boys first.

I've only heard this mentioned once, so perhaps it wasn't true. I also heard that neighbors called 911 because they heard blood curdling screams coming from the woods, but no follow up on that either.

I hadn't heard this before. Does this LE have a website where they list the calls/reports they are taking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aaravpatel