MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hate the 'tone' of this situation - Parents not talking to cops - cops refusing to search if the parents won't help them ..... It's all a bit childish! Isn't there a 10 MONTH OLD MISSING?!

we are grateful, we'll do what it takes to get lisa home.. we just want Lisa home

interview over i misssed a lot as my kids are in here getting ready for school

This may sound incredible stupid,

However, if they are going in those wood because cell tower maybe received last cell phone ping from that area,

is it possible that the cell phone are/ were in one of those house that surround those woods?

I know they can't detail search those house with out a search warrant, (not unless the owner gives the OK)

Quite possible the cell phones pinged in the area but LE said that the cell phones (missing) did not lead to anything solid in the way of a lead.

The LE have been all through the house, dusting, and even had dogs through the house so it wasn't like the family were keeping LE from any and all information that would help find little Lisa imo.

ETA: I misread your question ... sorry. I believe other immediate houses have been searched - basically locals just opened their doors and said come in and look around and do what you have to do to find the baby.

JiaoJiaoShen JiaoJiao Shen

#LisaIrwin's mom:We want to thank everybody who has helped us so far.
1 minute ago

#LisaIrwin's mom: we are not angry, we just want our daughter home, that's all we care about.
2 minutes ago

#LisaIrwin's mom: we appreciate everything the police dept. has done, we appreciate everything everybody has done.
2 minutes ago

#LisaIrwin mom: we don't know, which is why we need everybody to continue to look for her...because we want her home, we can't do this alone
21 seconds ago

#LisaIrwin's mom: "he's a good father and he's good to me and he loves her and everybody loves her, but no, there's no way." (about father)
38 seconds ago

#LisaIrwin's dad: hasn't taken polygraph but "if that's what it takes..."
3 minutes ago

#LisaIrwin's mom: "what do you say when someone tells you that and you know you didn't do anything."
4 minutes ago

#LisaIrwin's mom: volunteered to take polygraph, told failed. Says that's not possible.
4 minutes ago

#LisaIrwin's mom: We don't care what anybody thinks, we don't care what they think, our concern is to find Lisa, our Lisa.
5 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

#LisaIrwin's Mom: don't have hard feelings, not mad, this is what they (police) have to do.
5 minutes ago

#LisaIrwin's Mom: police really nice yesterday, not like that the first time.
6 minutes ago

I think LE has done multiple searches of the immediate area. Iirc, some of them were shoulder to shoulder searches through the woods.

Yes they have and also checked neighbours homes. One woman said she let them in to look around. IIRC, they also checked all RSO's in the area.

300 officers....that is a heck of a lot of officers on this case and still they came up empty.

IMO, they have done everything they're supposed to do and then when they got to questioning the parents that's when things went sour. I think parents/family must understand that it is crucial they are ruled out.

I hate the he said/she said games being played out in the media.

Do whatever it takes to FIND LISA! PUT UP BILLBOARDS! GET A REPUTABLE SAR TEAM! PUT UP FLYERS! OFFER A REWARD!

Quite possible the cell phones pinged in the area but LE said that the cell phones (missing) did not lead to anything solid in the way of a lead.

The LE have been all through the house, dusting, and even had dogs through the house so it wasn't like the family were keeping LE from any and all information that would help find little Lisa imo.

Thank Elepher, I wasn't very clear in my post, :doh: :crazy:

I meant the Neighbors houses, Not Baby Lisa's House,

I haven't seen a detailed search of all the neighbors homes with dogs...

Or did I miss that.....:waitasec:

I really must get better glasses...:crazy:

ETA: Thanks Elepher, I see your ETA upthread.... :giggle:...

Yes they have and also checked neighbours homes. One woman said she let them in to look around. IIRC, they also checked all RSO's in the area.

300 officers....that is a heck of a lot of officers on this case and still they came up empty.

IMO, they have done everything they're supposed to do and then when they got to questioning the parents that's when things went sour. I think parents/family must understand that it is crucial they are ruled out.

Do whatever it takes to FIND LISA! PUT UP BILLBOARDS! GET A REPUTABLE SAR TEAM! PUT UP FLYERS! OFFER A REWARD!

mom and dad said on the today show they do understand that it's necessary, and that they have ntohing to hide, and they don't know why the cops are saying they aren't cooperating, dad said he told the officers enough with the questions for the night last night and it was a little bit later cops made the statement they weren't cooperating

I really hate the 'tone' of this situation - Parents not talking to cops - cops refusing to search if the parents won't help them ..... It's all a bit childish! Isn't there a 10 MONTH OLD MISSING?!

Wonder why a reward hasnt been offered????

When a baby goes missing, LE knows that they MUST "solve" the case. The public demands it. If they can't find clear evidence that the family did NOT cause the disappearance through process of elimination, they begin to focus on the family. Then all gloves are off. They will do anything to imply that the family is guilty. They will lie to the family. They will stalk them. They will misconstrue statements. Literally ANYTHING, until they can piece together enough circumstantial "evidence" to cobble together a workable story. And make no mistake about it - there is enough flexibility in every ones life that a skilled story-weaver could make any of us look suspicious or downright guilty.

Even confessions are not really reliable. I am doing my thesis on false repressed memories. I have seen a lot of data about false confessions during my research. The human brain can easily be manipulated into remembering things that didn't really happen, and when the human is stressed and exhausted it is almost child's play to get a confession - real or otherwise.

This is why lawyers will tell the family to not cooperate. Sure, in the first day or two it is imperative that the family do whatever they can. But at this point, LE is simply walking around looking for a dead body. if the baby is dead, finding her will not change it. If the baby is alive, searching fields and streams will not find her. And the more the family unwittingly cooperates, the more they may be handing LE the hammer to nail themselves, right or wrong.

Now, lets say the family is innocent. They have just had the absolutely worst thing in the entire world happen to them. And NOW, they are being circled by the LE vultures who just need to solve this case. A lawyer will tell them that no matter what they say they will not be able to convince people that they are innocent. And the lawyers are right. Short of finding the baby with DNA evidence otherwise, this family is in for the most horrible ride of their life.

The least we can do at this point is give the family the benefit of the doubt. Look at it as a balance scale. Go ahead and pile stuff on one side or another, but wait until the scale is so far down on one side that there is no doubt before you condemn this family. Just remember, if you are wrong, you are personally adding to the horrific injustice that has befallen this family. If they are guilty, it will come out eventually and your hands will be karmic-ly clean.

Young said the parents are NOT suspects so I'm not sure why the parents quit cooperating!

I didn't hear that LE refused to search if the parents didn't cooperate. Was that on the Today Show or in an interview with LE? Thanks

Meanwhile, police shut down their command post near the Irwin home. They said they would keep pursuing leads but had done everything possible as far as physical searches go.

The command post was not closed because the parents stopped cooperating, Young said.

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/06/3190568/cell-phones-taken-along-with-missing.html#ixzz1a6BJHPHq

I think the command post was closed because the perimeter around the house/searches in that area have been exhausted:twocents:

Young said the parents are NOT suspects so I'm not sure why the parents quit cooperating!

Because i believe they were trying to implicate the mother. from what she said. 11 hour interview. moo

mom and dad said on the today show they do understand that it's necessary, and that they have ntohing to hide, and they don't know why the cops are saying they aren't cooperating, dad said he told the officers enough with the questions for the night last night and it was a little bit later cops made the statement they weren't cooperating

Last night before I headed to bed posts were being made that the parents got an attorney. Is it true or was it a rumour? If true, then I can understand why LE would say they weren't cooperating if during the questioning they seized to answer questions and told LE they would get an attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur