Found Deceased MO - Lynn Messer, 52, Ste Genevieve County, 8 July 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes still with. LE learned of relationship 8 weeks or so after missing. Family friend, came to farm and helped search. Dad adamant no affair, does acknowledge developed feelings for over time, helped work thru stress of missing wife.

MODS: Remove link if against forum rules. https://chocolateorelse.wordpress.com/2017/03/27/remove-kerry-messers-incentive-to-lobby/

Completely agree liltexans!

Just for clarification does anyone know if Lynn's husband is still with that other woman?

They both came across as having a flair for the dramatic, but I'm actually not that suspicious of them, even though Abram flunked the polygraph. Lynn's husband, on the other hand, seemed cold as ice to me.

I think the son's and his wife's dramatic behavior was the result of suppressed anger. In the fake suicide note Kerry created and later admitted to writing, he strongly implied or blamed Lynn's "suicide" on the son. Who writes a fake suicide note for a missing woman? The killer.

I check this thread every day hoping Kerry has been arrested.

No one in the episode ever mentioned any instances of Lynn sleep-walking - that's what the "lost in the dining room" episode looked like to me. And since apparently that behavior was never repeated - at least per the show - I wouldn't think she was delusional or developing dementia. However I do believe that it would be possible for Kerry to be responsible if Lynn committed suicide or got lost in the woods. It would be too easy for him to slowly and continuously erode her mental health by reminding her about her hip issues, health issues - "looks like you're not going to be able to keep working the farm with me much longer due to your health." A constant barrage of that could definitely push her toward suicide. If she got lost in the woods, in the storm and he spent precious time raising dust with Abram over who moved the 4 wheeler, moving cows and putting off calling the sheriff, then if she died of exposure or injury, I would still be looking at him. I did feel there were some melodramatic moments, but don't know how much of that was encouraged by the producers of the program - which was only about 20 minutes long after you go thru all the commercials!! I could be all wet, but I just did not get any warm fuzzies from Kerry at all. Do agree that there is probably more to this story and family than we know now.

No one in the episode ever mentioned any instances of Lynn sleep-walking - that's what the "lost in the dining room" episode looked like to me. And since apparently that behavior was never repeated - at least per the show - I wouldn't think she was delusional or developing dementia. However I do believe that it would be possible for Kerry to be responsible if Lynn committed suicide or got lost in the woods. It would be too easy for him to slowly and continuously erode her mental health by reminding her about her hip issues, health issues - "looks like you're not going to be able to keep working the farm with me much longer due to your health." A constant barrage of that could definitely push her toward suicide. If she got lost in the woods, in the storm and he spent precious time raising dust with Abram over who moved the 4 wheeler, moving cows and putting off calling the sheriff, then if she died of exposure or injury, I would still be looking at him. I did feel there were some melodramatic moments, but don't know how much of that was encouraged by the producers of the program - which was only about 20 minutes long after you go thru all the commercials!! I could be all wet, but I just did not get any warm fuzzies from Kerry at all. Do agree that there is probably more to this story and family than we know now.

I was thinking along those same lines....totally agree

I did feel there were some melodramatic moments, but don't know how much of that was encouraged by the producers of the program - which was only about 20 minutes long after you go thru all the commercials!!

With other ID shows, I would suspect a lot of producer influence. Having watched all seasons of this, though, it's one of the few that don't do that. In fact, they seemed to cover up some of the worst parts, like her shooting her cats instead of herself.

That's true.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I think her husband is a pious control freak that could easily manipulate Lynn. She was probably mentally abused for the entire relationship. He probably had less and less use for her as her health deteriorated.

I believe the kids were brow beaten their entire life, too. There were too many little tells. The quote about if he said "move the cows" you "move the cows, no question asked". His father didn't realize his kid's love for their mother countered the pseudo love for him and his control over their actions.

I'm sure Lynn took the brunt of things to shield her kids.

The DIL does have me scratching my head. I would think either the Drama Queen extraordinaire OR she had an inappropriate encounter with her father in-law (skilled manipulator) that she doesn't want to come out.

How can we find out more details on this case...like what she was wearing when found. Did they rule her death a suicide? Any records we can find regarding her cause of death?

This case fascinates me. The entire family seemed "off" to put it mildly. I'm new to these boards but have been reading the threads for quite awhile now. The husband just seemed so cold and not even remotely emotional about his wife being missing. The one son and his wife on the other hand seemed overly dramatic. The son seemed so angry with his father, like he knew something that LE didn't. I'll be interested to see if they ever make an arrest in the case.

This case fascinates me. The entire family seemed "off" to put it mildly. I'm new to these boards but have been reading the threads for quite awhile now. The husband just seemed so cold and not even remotely emotional about his wife being missing. The one son and his wife on the other hand seemed overly dramatic. The son seemed so angry with his father, like he knew something that LE didn't. I'll be interested to see if they ever make an arrest in the case.

Welcome to Websleuths!

:welcome:

I'm also new to this particular case and I'm very interested in it as well.

The son seemed so angry with his father, like he knew something that LE didn't.

I have my suspicions that AbM was told by his dad what happened, but doesn't want to have to be the one who exposes his father to the justice system. That's why he's so upset and begging his dad just to tell the truth. Just an opinion based upon his behavior, though. I admit there are holes in the theory, since he is willing to expose him to the public on a television show.

I think her husband is a pious control freak that could easily manipulate Lynn. She was probably mentally abused for the entire relationship. He probably had less and less use for her as her health deteriorated.

I believe the kids were brow beaten their entire life, too. There were too many little tells. The quote about if he said "move the cows" you "move the cows, no question asked". His father didn't realize his kid's love for their mother countered the pseudo love for him and his control over their actions.

I'm sure Lynn took the brunt of things to shield her kids.

The DIL does have me scratching my head. I would think either the Drama Queen extraordinaire OR she had an inappropriate encounter with her father in-law (skilled manipulator) that she doesn't want to come out.

The husband is a real piece of work. I feel so very sorry for her.

No ruling has been made on cause of death, or final reports issued. FBI has not yet released the body to family.
How can we find out more details on this case...like what she was wearing when found. Did they rule her death a suicide? Any records we can find regarding her cause of death?

I thought they said in the show that she was cremated. They would have released the body since it happened in 2014.

Her body was not found until November 1, 2016. St. Louis coroner just now released report on bones. FBI is doing soil analysis to determine if body there entire time, or if it had been moved. Toxicology results are also still pending.

What a bizarre, meandering article. The son is very articulate and seems very together, but his tendency to overstate things left me a little hinky. I don't think he had anything to do with whatever happened, however. I think he's trying to explain the weird family dynamic without giving out too much personal info about family members. Still, weird.

Her son says the scene where her body was found looked staged. Why would he draw that conclusion? Why would she have a blanket and pillow with her? That seems odd. If the husband killed her why would he leave her on his own property?

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Possibly he drew that conclusion because Dad: Continues to deny Lynn suffered with depression; Offered theories pre-dawn walk 9 miles in thunderstorm to Mississippi River; Purchased life insurance 6 months prior to missing; Initially hid non descript note from LE; 2 1/2 years writing thousands upon thousands words on blog still misses Bride and still all alone (what hasn't been written there for loyal followers linked below); Numerous other reasons too long to list. --->https://chocolateorelse.wordpress.com/2016/11/23/who-is-spring-thomas-by-aarron-messer/

One of the most odd episodes yet.
All kinds of red flags for her husband . Did you kill her ? They don't have any evidence against me " para phrasing here but what kind of response is that ??
Apparently though there was no obvious signs of trauma . Raises more questions .
I do appreciate the update at the end though .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper