Found Deceased MO - Lynn Messer, 52, Ste Genevieve County, 8 July 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Another article from the St. Louis Post Dispatch.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_9edf57d3-0b35-528d-9172-006088cc30e4.html

The information about Lynn telling someone that if anything happened to her, her husband should marry the family friends sounds really strange. Almost sounds as though the husband had strong psychological control over Lynn and convinced her she should die and allow him to marry this other woman. I can't imagine any other reason why a woman would say that.

From this very detailed article, about Lynn's depression and dysfunctional relationship with her sociopathic husband:

“It was over a year after my mother went missing, whenever we started doing some more investigating after finding out my father had been hiding a relationship with another woman since August of 2014,” said Abram. “That is aside from the woman he claims he was pursuing as soon as eight weeks after my mother went missing. When we found all this out we began to question the things he was saying and that’s when we found out that she never went to any of those counseling sessions alone.”

Abram said he discovered that his father went with her to all of the counseling sessions and anything pertaining to her depression, anxiety or anything pertaining to any of the suicidal things that she had said or done was not discussed.

Why would any reputable psychologist allow the husband to speak for his wife in her counseling sessions? Or was it one of those "Christian" counselors who believe men should control their women?

She was definitely in a psychologically abusive relationship for many years. Wonder if her husband was physically abusive, too? She never had a chance in life, trapped in a relationship with a delusional, manipulative sociopath from the age of 16.

Kerry Messer says he still has questions

http://dailyjournalonline.com/news/local/kerry-messer-says-he-still-has-questions/article_dfa89833-d06a-5990-bc22-96675b854170.html

“I ran through scenarios in my mind ... if it was another lie that somebody was starting,” said Kerry. “I was sent some evidence in a photograph and when I got that I just started shaking. I was in St. Louis to have dinner with a pastor and his wife who were traveling through St. Louis late, so I had to contact them and cancel those plans.”

“When I got home I found the sheriff’s department folks all here and I figured 'OK, it must be true' or they wouldn’t be expending the resources at this point for something like that,” said Kerry. “My older son Aaron called me and I had a lot of mixed thoughts and a lot of mixed emotions.”

Kerry added he has little information as to what the FBI forensics team found or picked up the morning after Lynn’s remains were found.

“I have had well over 40 exchanges with law enforcement myself for the first 10 months and yet now I find out I’m being accused of being uncooperative with law enforcement,” said Kerry. “They never found anything about an affair with anybody because there was nothing there. I am not sweating over what they found with Lynn’s body or her remains because I know there is no evidence that implicates me and I don’t believe there is anything that implicates my sons. I want to know what happened.”

Kerry said the location she was in was thoroughly searched by the sheriff’s department and the professional search and rescue team that they had brought in from St. Louis after she disappeared.

“I don’t know if our people searched it afterwards, because I wasn’t in charge of the family searching,” said Kerry. “My son and my brother-in-law was in charge of that and they would have to answer whether they went through those particular woods or not. It was my understanding they started beyond our property, so I don’t know whatsoever if our family and friends went through those particular woods or not.”

Remembering Lynn Messer, family reflects on disappearance - January 12th

http://www.kfvs12.com/story/34245902/remembering-lynn-messer-family-reflects-on-disappearance

“Some days I’d like to wake up and for her to be home, and not to know that she’s gone, and every day I remember that she’s gone, and that is so hard," Aaron Messer said.

Her two sons grieve for a mother they will never see again.

Aaron and Abram Messer say they want people to see beyond the headlines and get to know Lynn.

“I was a senior in high school and I looked out the bus window and when I saw her face for the first time I fell in love with her right then and there," Kerry Messer said.

“I miss the love of my life. You don’t throw away 38 years, and it’s been a very difficult journey over the last two and a half years. Tons of things I never expected, but more than anything I just miss her," Kerry Messer said.

Since her disappearance, a rift has grown between the men.

Suspicion and theories on both sides leave them separated by a protection order.

But no matter the distance, the men say they must keep going for Lynn, and hope someday they know the truth.

Ste. Genevieve County Coroner Eric Basler says they are still trying to figure out how Lynn died through forensic testing.

Basler says it’s unclear what they may find, and when this testing would be complete.

Family says goodbye, but case remains open - January 28th

http://dailyjournalonline.com/news/local/family-says-goodbye-but-case-remains-open/article_5092bab2-a198-5949-a3aa-44c9919ee758.html

The ongoing investigation of the disappearance of Lynn Messer is still at a standstill while law enforcement awaits forensic testing results.

It’s been nearly three months since the discovery of Lynn’s remains on the back of the Messer farm property. The family and law enforcement alike are still looking for answers.

Ste. Genevieve Sheriff’s Department Major Jason Schott said late this week that the department hasn't received any information on the testing.

“We don’t have any results, so we are at a standstill right now until we get that back,” said Schott. “When you are talking about doing forensic testing on the evidence that was there and the things with the FBI and the Missouri State Highway Patrol, it's (going to) take a while to get that back.”

Since the discovery of Lynn’s remains the family has held a memorial service to honor Lynn and give the family some peace.

“It was a wonderful service and it was an incredible opportunity for our family to be able to come together,” said Lynn's son Abram. “Even though we are not able to bury my mother yet, we were still able to have this memorial service and celebrate her life. To also talk about all of the things she has done in her life, to spend time together, to just be together and remember her, love her and celebrate the time we had with her.”

Here is a breakdown of the upcoming Season 8 episodes of Disappeared:

Disappeared S8 E7 - May 7, 2017 - ???
Into the Night - 6 - April 30, 2017 - Zoe Campos
Every Mother's Son - 5 - April 23, 2017- ??
On a Mission - 4 - April 16, 2017 - Elizabeth Salgado
Spirited Away - 3 - April 9, 2017 - Kortne Stouffer
The Silent Son - 2 - April 2, 2017 - Macin Smith
American Gothic - 1 - March 26, 2017 - Lynn Messer

http://tv-episodes.prettyfamous.com/l/8018348

JerseyGirl
Thanks for posting about upcoming show.
No cable at our house. Maybewe can stream later on ID website?

From http://www.stltoday.com/lifestyles/...cle_5d16b8d4-86d6-5a91-946f-27c68f415980.html Mar 20

"A national cable television channel will turn its attention to the 2014 disappearance of Lynn Messer, an STL area mother and teacher whose remains were recently uncovered.The show airs at 9 p.m. Sunday on Investigation Discovery.

"The episode
points its camera at the case of Messer, 52, who vanished in 2014 from her family’s 250-acre farm near Bloomsdale in Ste. Genevieve County, Mo.
In November 2016, one of her sons, Aaron Messer, found human remains on the edge of the ranch. Dental records have identified the bones as belonging to Lynn Messer
."

The show includes interviews w her sons, her sisters, and Ste. Genevieve County Sheriff and others.

Watching Disappeared episode and these are odd birds, no? JMOO.

I was wondering what clothes/shoes were found with the remains. If she was barefoot or in nightgown then I wouldn't think she voluntarily went walking. I agree that they are odd birds. I think Lynn might have had some issues that led to her taking her life but I wouldn't dismiss her husband had having some involvement.

What's with the failing a lie detector as well? And the 'she got lost in the dining room' BS.

I felt like the son may have failed the lie detector test b/c he was guilty over recent arguments with his mom. Will feelings of guilt affect polygraph results? Im going to do some checking when I have a few mins. But I thought if he felt he should've been kinder to his mom, that could've shown on a LD as guilt or deception. Maybe at that point, he suspected she had killed herself, and he felt guilty or responsible.

There is a lot of guilt and unhappiness in that family. I would be concerned about the 911 tape where Aaron stated that this was his mother, and Kerry seems to me that he is guilty. The statement that he knows there is no evidence at the scene is concerning.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back