Found Deceased MO - Lynn Messer, 52, Ste Genevieve County, 8 July 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have my suspicions that AbM was told by his dad what happened, but doesn't want to have to be the one who exposes his father to the justice system. That's why he's so upset and begging his dad just to tell the truth. Just an opinion based upon his behavior, though. I admit there are holes in the theory, since he is willing to expose him to the public on a television show.

After watching the Disappeared epi, I agree. He seems to be feeling a lot of anxiety and guilt. Suspicious polygraph results can occur when people are hiding information about a crime they didn't commit, usually to protect someone else. The dad may not have directly told him that he killed his mother, but AbM possibly saw or heard more than he revealed.

The family has been raised by a controlling, authoritarian sociopath. To an extent, the sons were financially dependent on him and probably feel a tremendous amount of guilt for not doing more to protect their mother or get her the help she desperately needed. When Linn's sister mentioned her having a black eye from falling at home, IMO, that raised a red flag for domestic violence. The sons and their families likely saw a lot of violence against their mother growing up and were likely victims themselves.

Trying to figure out what the father was up to when he had the meltdown over the 4 wheeler. Was he angry because he wanted it to hide Linn's body? Did he use the truck instead? Or did AbM give him the 4 wheeler that night and in some way assist in helping his dad to hide her body?

Kudos for local LE turning so much of the investigation (including evidence) over to the FBI and ME in St. Louis. Given the nature of the dad's activities, they're probably under a lot of social pressure to sweep it under the rug.

JMO

Possibly he drew that conclusion because Dad: Continues to deny Lynn suffered with depression; Offered theories pre-dawn walk 9 miles in thunderstorm to Mississippi River; Purchased life insurance 6 months prior to missing; Initially hid non descript note from LE; 2 1/2 years writing thousands upon thousands words on blog still misses Bride and still all alone (what hasn't been written there for loyal followers linked below); Numerous other reasons too long to list. --->https://chocolateorelse.wordpress.com/2016/11/23/who-is-spring-thomas-by-aarron-messer/

Wow. The son, Aaron's blog post tells quite a story, poor guy. That family was terribly manipulated and abused by Kerry. He's a sick person.

Was trying to have affairs with other women years before his wife, Lynn, disappeared

Was known to have sexually approached women who worked for state representatives & senators when lobbying for his Christian ministry at the state capital. Was successful in getting at least one woman fired when she resisted his advances and reported him to her boss.

Told police weeks after Linn's disappearace that he needed to have sex 4 or 5 times a week, so would start seeing his "new" girfriend (he'd already been having an affair with her for months).

Told police to lie to his sons about the affair

Was overheard (during the search for his wife) telling his mistress “I just got rid of one woman, I’m not in a hurry to get another one”.

The father of the mistress mentioned above, Spring Thomas, was wealthy and had given Kerry's "ministry" a lot of money over the years. The mistress now controls the money.

He was also pursuing an affair with another local woman around the time of his wife's death

AbM lives in a house given to him by his grandfather, but Kerry insisted he put it in his name. If Kerry's finances go sour, AbM loses everything, including his own home.

Just after the Mom went missing, he told his sons and grandkids he didn't want to see any of them around for Christmas. He spent the holiday with his mistress.

A lot of very revealing information from the sons. I feel badly for them and their mom.

AbM loses everything? Already has. His Mom. His job, his home, over a year ago. Desperately (and still) seeking answers hasn't come without consequences.

Wow. The son, Aaron's blog post tells quite a story, poor guy. That family was terribly manipulated and abused by Kerry. He's a sick person.

Was trying to have affairs with other women years before his wife, Lynn, disappeared

Was known to have sexually approached women who worked for state representatives & senators when lobbying for his Christian ministry at the state capital. Was successful in getting at least one woman fired when she resisted his advances and reported him to her boss.

Told police weeks after Linn's disappearace that he needed to have sex 4 or 5 times a week, so would start seeing his "new" girfriend (he'd already been having an affair with her for months).

Told police to lie to his sons about the affair

Was overheard (during the search for his wife) telling his mistress “I just got rid of one woman, I’m not in a hurry to get another one”.

The father of the mistress mentioned above, Spring Thomas, was wealthy and had given Kerry's "ministry" a lot of money over the years. The mistress now controls the money.

He was also pursuing an affair with another local woman around the time of his wife's death

AbM lives in a house given to him by his grandfather, but Kerry insisted he put it in his name. If Kerry's finances go sour, AbM loses everything, including his own home.

Just after the Mom went missing, he told his sons and grandkids he didn't want to see any of them around for Christmas. He spent the holiday with his mistress.

A lot of very revealing information from the sons. I feel badly for them and their mom.
Wow. Just wow. I don't think any of this proves he was involved. But i wouldnt be surprised. What a sick person.

Messer case still at standstill
The disappearance of Lynn Messer continues to be at a standstill as law enforcement officers await the results of additional forensic testing.

“I’m not sure what type of specific testing is being done,” said Schott. “It will depend on the results that come back to determine what we do from there. Once they give us results on what they are doing, then it may lead us in another direction.”

Until then the sheriff’s department has no intentions of closing the case. Lynn’s remains still are in the custody of the sheriff’s department.

They both came across as having a flair for the dramatic, but I'm actually not that suspicious of them, even though Abram flunked the polygraph. Lynn's husband, on the other hand, seemed cold as ice to me.

Exactly. I know dramatic types like that. Not weird to me at all. Then again, I'm in CA and used to it I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With other ID shows, I would suspect a lot of producer influence. Having watched all seasons of this, though, it's one of the few that don't do that. In fact, they seemed to cover up some of the worst parts, like her shooting her cats instead of herself.

Probably worried about PETA folks freaking out and saying it encourages people to shoot cats.

Why did they not mention on the show that Kerry admitted to writing the note he said Lynne wrote???

Her son says the scene where her body was found looked staged. Why would he draw that conclusion? Why would she have a blanket and pillow with her? That seems odd. If the husband killed her why would he leave her on his own property?

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk
The area she was found had been thoroughly searched before as well

I thought they said in the show that she was cremated. They would have released the body since it happened in 2014.
The body has been released to the husband and he took her to be buried out of state

I don't understand how the medical examiner could determine that the body had been there for years, and yet had not been found at the time of extensive searching. I mean, did they or did they not search that exact area? If her husband killed her, which seems the more probable theory, why would he leave her body on his own farm (knowing it would be searched), and not conceal it in some way?

Confusing.

I think the son's and his wife's dramatic behavior was the result of suppressed anger. In the fake suicide note Kerry created and later admitted to writing, he strongly implied or blamed Lynn's "suicide" on the son. Who writes a fake suicide note for a missing woman? The killer.

I check this thread every day hoping Kerry has been arrested.

Did he say why he would forge the note?

Just watched the disappeared episode. Wow, this family has a bunch of over-actors. Trying not to judge too much, my grandma is a narcissist and so is my sister in law. There is a LOT of rug-sweeping, enabling, drama, emotional instability, denial, etc in an abusive family.

Either Kerry did this or she committed suicide. If she did commit suicide, I don't blame the poor woman. Her soul was probably so tired and just done. However, I lean toward murder.

Hopefully they are still building a case.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I'm really surprised that there hasn't been more conversation about this case here. I've been following it since the beginning but never discussed it here. Glad it's getting more attention recently. Praying they make progress and arrest the guilty party!

It looks like the new prosecutor is aware of the case and looking into it; hopefully he really is and he's not just paying lip service!

New Prosecutor Has Begun Process Of Reviewing Evidence In Lynn Messer's Death

- http://www.stegenherald.com/news/new-prosecutor-has-begun-process-of-reviewing-evidence-in-lynn/

Williams said it may take several more months before he can arrive at a decision whether to file.

“We have to be very careful,” he said. “Because, if we file charges and it goes to a jury trial and we lose, double jeopardy forever bars us from bringing any charges again. On the other hand, there is no statute of limitations on a homicide.

“So it is worth it to take the time and look at everything. I expect, though, I’ll be able to make the decision by the end of this year.”

www.myleaderpaper.com/news/icymi-vigil-marks-fifth-anniversary-of-bloomsdale-woman-s-disappearance/article_701e6862-b95c-11e9-bdbf-37e71066ad93.html

Last edited:
Deleted my an accidental multi-post of the above link here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back