Physical Description
Date of Birth: circa 1929
Race: White
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 100-110 lbs.
Hair Color: Red/Auburn
Eye Color: Blue
Nickname/Alias: "Sam"
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Appendectomy scar; Scar on extreme lower abdomen; Scars on chest from mastectomy; Fingernails curved over fingers (i.e. like "claws" or a beak).

Identifiers
Dentals: Not Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Available

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance
Marie did not take her vehicle when she left.

Thumbnail

UNIDENTIFIED
Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP107Female, White / Caucasian
Date Body FoundNovember 2, 1973
Location Found Barren County, Kentucky

Case Information

Case Numbers
NCMEC Number--
ME/C Case NumberME-73-22
Demographics
SexFemale
Race / EthnicityWhite / Caucasian

Estimated Age GroupAdult - Pre 50
Estimated Age Range (Years)20-50
Estimated Year of Death1973
Estimated PMIMonths
Height5' 7"(67 inches) , Estimated
Weight145 lbs, Estimated

Circumstances
TypeUnidentified Deceased
Date Body FoundNovember 2, 1973
NamUs Case CreatedJune 29, 2007
ME/C QA Reviewed--

Location Found Map
LocationKentucky
CountyBarren County

Circumstances of RecoveryFound along Interstate.
Details of Recovery

Inventory of Remains--
Condition of RemainsNot recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction

Physical Description
Hair ColorRed/Auburn
Head Hair DescriptionAuburn
Body Hair Description reddish-brown
Facial Hair Description--
Left Eye Color--
Right Eye Color--
Eye Description--
Distinctive Physical Features
Item
Description
Finger and toe nails
Ivory colored nail polish on fingernails of left hand

Clothing and Accessories

Set of keys near body - one key possibly to a 1969 GM product ignition,
one key possibly to a 1969 GM product trunk,
one key possibly to a 1967-1971 ignition,
two keys engraved with "114"
Near the Body

Clothing
Cotton V-necked dress (White with blue horizontal stripes),
elastic waist, two front button holes;
slip;
heavy support stockings;
Pink panties with lavender polka-dots
"Exquisite Form" bra with prosthetic inserts "falsies".
On the Body

I just thought I would post the UID info that branmuffin brought to the thread.

Oh this poor woman.. I was actually thinking that the elaborate blonde hair could of been a wig. Reminded me of the Dolly Parton wigs. Bran muffin I would def submit that jane doe.

Maybe the car keys were in her pocket? Maybe she was going out of her house to get her car and was abducted and killed which is why car keys were found with her?
Or maybe the keys were dropped by the killer?
In the Namus profile it specifically says .Marie did Not take her vehicle with her. Which makes me think more that she was walking outside to get her car and was abducted by either her own husband or someone he paid to get rid of her.

I did not know that he took years to report her missing. I wonder what he told friends and neighbors and family at the time?

How do I submit it? Submit to the Doe Network or Namus?

I would submit to both of them.. and to whoever the detective is on the case. The couple of times I have submitted I have Called the detectives number . Oh good luck!!

Yes, good find bran muffin! Not sure exactly where the body was found in Barren County, but if it was on an interstate highway, it could be a route usually travelled by people from St. Louis vacationing in southern FL. The area is also near some other vacation spots. If it is Beulah, someone could have dumped her there on the way to a vacation spot - also a handy alibi.

I'm trying to remember if there was any mention of where her husband was that weekend or the week following.

Since Marie Buelah (not sure what to call her) was only age 43, I'm assuming some of her children were still minors at the time and living at home, right? Do they remember about what time she went missing? Which day? Any idea what she was wearing. That information would be helpful.

Does anyone want to contact NAMUS with the tip? JMO, it seems worth looking into.

ETA: More questions: Who was living at the home at the time she went missing? Was the soon to be ex husband still living there? Were any of the minor children still living there?
I am not seeing that this exclusion has been made, but I see this was a recent suggestion. Has anyone submitted this?

OK, I thought I found an obit for her husband's mother that mentioned minor children. It could be they belonged to someone else. It would make more sense, then, if there were no children, hence no other witnesses at home. I'm probably confusing it with a similar case where there were some older teen children at the time who are now trying to find out what happened to a missing parent.

Anyway, I think she looks different in the more recent photo because of breast cancer and the treatment side effects. Age 43 is relatively young to get bc and is usually more aggressive. The blond hair may be a perfect wig. Weight loss could also be an indicator. I'm a survivor and counseled many women over the years. It's not unusual for a husband/partner to reject his wife after a breast cancer diagnosis. It happens, marriages do break up, and husbands or partners sometimes feel guilt and anger over wanting to leave the bc survivor. Some people can't handle having a spouse with a severe illness. I have known of at least 2 cases over my 15 yrs doing this where husbands resorted to domestic violence. Yeah, bad. Poor woman.

Someone might want to contact NAMUS to provide them with this suggestion. The car keys found with the body seem odd. What would that be about? Did a killer throw out the victim's handbag with her, but someone stole it, leaving keys? IDK.
There were two children Donna and Donn Jr, but I believe they were from his first wife, Delores L. Kern (m: 1952 St.L Mo). The body found in Kentucky said that it was severely decomposed and petrified, so scar tissue may not have been visible. I was speaking with her niece earlier today, and she agrees that the jane doe, and she agreed it is possible as her height and weight were just guesses by family. My big question is...what happened to Delores Kern? because I personally haven't found a divorce or any records after their marriage in 1952.

There were two children Donna and Donn Jr, but I believe they were from his first wife, Delores L. Kern (m: 1952 St.L Mo). The body found in Kentucky said that it was severely decomposed and petrified, so scar tissue may not have been visible. I was speaking with her niece earlier today, and she agrees that the jane doe, and she agreed it is possible as her height and weight were just guesses by family. My big question is...what happened to Delores Kern? because I personally haven't found a divorce or any records after their marriage in 1952.
Yes I believe the children were from his first marriage. This is from a bowling competition.

Attachments

• Delores and Donna Mu.jpg
    Delores and Donna Mu.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 24
The children were both adopted by Donn and Marie and not from another marriage. I am family so I don't have a proper source. I'll see if I can get verified.

Thank you for this information! I hope we can find out what happened to Marie.

wow that would be interesting to know what happened also to Delores Kern..did that wife go missing also?

NO joy on Find-A-Grave for Delores Mueller.

There is a Delores Mueller interred at Jefferson Barracks, her husband is not Donn.

There is a Delores Mueller interred in Maricopa County, AZ, but her husband is not Donn.

Similar problems for Dolores Mueller.

@Esta , we're interested in anything you can tell us!

We do not sleuth family. Sometimes, we do look for information about family memebers to try to make pieces fit.

Not much about either Donn, jr or Donna in St. Louis -- but found this:

upload_2021-6-1_19-58-37.jpeg
October 31, 2001, from the Arizona Republic at newspapers.com.

Donn, sr:

Donn W Mueller Sr.

Esta has been a WS member for a few years now and has been verified as a case insider in this discussion.

A verified member does not need to provide links to back up what they say are the facts. It is up to you to either believe a verified member or not. You are allowed to ask verified members questions, however, anyone who is the slightest bit rude, sarcastic, or in anyway other than respectful and polite to a VI will be either timed out or banned.

If you ask a question and Esta is comfortable answering, feel free to ask a follow-up question. If you don't like the answer or don't accept a VI's answer, then you will just have scroll and roll without arguing or badgering a VI.

Thank you to Esta and all members who are here discussing Marie's case.

I'll do my best to answer some of the questions that have popped up on this thread.

ETA: More questions: Who was living at the home at the time she went missing? Was the soon to be ex husband still living there? Were any of the minor children still living there?

Donn, Marie and the two kids were all living at the home at the time she went missing. The children would have been ages 7 and 5 at the time.

Oh this poor woman.. I was actually thinking that the elaborate blonde hair could of been a wig. Reminded me of the Dolly Parton wigs. Bran muffin I would def submit that jane doe.

Maybe the car keys were in her pocket? Maybe she was going out of her house to get her car and was abducted and killed which is why car keys were found with her?
Or maybe the keys were dropped by the killer?
In the Namus profile it specifically says .Marie did Not take her vehicle with her. Which makes me think more that she was walking outside to get her car and was abducted by either her own husband or someone he paid to get rid of her.

I did not know that he took years to report her missing. I wonder what he told friends and neighbors and family at the time?

You are spot on that the blonde hair was a wig. She had a number of wigs and wore them frequently.

According to a statement from Donn made to Marie's mother, she left with a set of keys to the house and the house alarm. He also said that she did not have her car keys. Obviously the truth may differ from what was stated. As for car type, she normally drove a Cadillac but I can't say for sure if that was her car at the time.

I have a photocopy of one of the fliers from the Frontenac police department with a date in April of 1972 so she was reported missing at least within a month. I'm still trying to piece together the timeline of events as best as possible.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sonjo77
Back