MO MO - Melissa Peskey, 40, shot and killed, Boonville, 13 Dec 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A new news article saying that there is nothing new.

Still no answers about Sioux Falls woman's homicide off I-70

Highway patrol Sgt. Scott White said, as of Thursday, there were 139 leads in the case, which is unusual.

"This is not a case that you would see every day," he said.

White said he does not know whether or not Peskey was targeted or her death was random.

"What we can say is this was not an accident," White said. "This was not an errant hunter's bullet going across the highway."​
Several articles out saying "nothing new." Obviously not an accident.
https://www.keloland.com/news/local-news/two-months-since-peskey-killed-in-missouri/1778762976

Two months in, authorities still working to crack Melissa Peskey case

Very interesting that her Facebook has been made into a "Remembering Melissa Peskey" and many of her pictures of her children that were public and right before her death have the message,
"This attachment may have been removed or...." These had, and are still, public posts. You can tell by comments that they were of the kids. That is interesting.

if he had a tracker on her car, he also very well had something on her phone. or maybe she told him she was leaving and where she was going. in that case, he could have left before her and laid in wait. lots of time to watch that dot get closer and plan his moment.

but if he had a tracker, he probably had a monthly subscription. those pet trackers only track when they are a few miles from each other. tho perhaps he could drive fast and wait til he came in range of her. that sounds crazier, but heck, he did shoot his wife so perhaps.

driving from KC to STL, Boonville is the first place with lit facilities in a longer while. but definitely dark highway.

and it makes more sense to me that he shot her up close after the accident but then it also makes sense that the "one vehicle accident" was seen and reported as or right after it happened. those people could tell if they saw a car "helping the driver" (aka shooting). so that leads me to believe that the shooting took place to cause the accident.

I don't know! haha. frustrating. still I think he did it if she was leaving and if he had a tracker - its too weird to be a random shot from the highway.
RS, a friend of mine has a tracker on her phone and vehicle. But, not by choice. Her husband did it. He doesn't know she is aware of it.
Makes me angry...
Makes me sick....

Think about the skill it took to be in a moving vehicle shooting at another vehicle and making a kill shot. I think there surely had to be a driver and a passenger that was the shooter. Even then, that would be a tough shot.
Not necessarily - my local case was a solo driver / shooter. (I linked it a couple pages back)

JMHO: Mission Focus

The silence here is spooky. Anyone else worried about the kids???

JMHO YMMV

YES!!!! Very worried on many levels. Most likely they were asleep when the shooting occurred, but that and the wreck would be horrifying. Then to find their mother dead...likely they witnessed her dying...would be so traumatic. I wonder how long it was between her death and the discovery by LE. I think how horrified those children must be. Heartbroken and terrified. Probably afraid this person would come back for them.

Then the other horrible thing is if this was an acquaintance, or the person of interest, in this case, that person risked the lives of these children. It is scary to think they might still be danger.

I worry very much for these children. I hope they get to see Melissa's family. I think most of them still live on the opposite side of the country.

Think about the skill it took to be in a moving vehicle shooting at another vehicle and making a kill shot. I think there surely had to be a driver and a passenger that was the shooter. Even then, that would be a tough shot.
It would be a very easy shot for the passenger if the two cars are going about the same speed.

It would be a very easy shot for the passenger if the two cars are going about the same speed.

I would think by now, experts have calculated the trajectory of the bullet.
They possibly have calculated where this bullet, was shot from.
Let us hope, behind the scenes more evidence is available, for a conclusion.
We need an arrest, and Justice to be served.
MOO.

I would think by now, experts have calculated the trajectory of the bullet.
They possibly have calculated where this bullet, was shot from.
Let us hope, behind the scenes more evidence is available, for a conclusion.
We need an arrest, and Justice to be served.
MOO.
This is true if there were two people. Like you, I hope this will be solved and justice served for Melissa and her family.

'She went silent': Family members discuss Melissa Peskey's death on 'Dateline'

Melissa's sister, Kara Renken, and mother, Ellen Renken, appeared on "Dateline" along with a friend, Kristy Babcock, to talk about Melissa's final moments.

Kara Renken said she was on the phone with Melissa when she was shot.

"She had talked about a car that was swerving all over the road ... and then she said there was a semi in the ditch," Renken told "Dateline" host Andrea Canning. "It was two or three minutes after that when she went silent."​

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back