Found Deceased MO - Nicholas Diemel, 35, & Justin, 24, brothers missing, Clinton County, 21 July 2019 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“Nick is a father of four kids. He's my high school sweetheart. Him not contacting us... we didn't go for long when he was on trips to check on me or talk to our children,” Lisa Diemel tells Action 2 News.

The Clinton County Sheriff's Office in Missouri activated an investigative case squad Monday afternoon.

Lisa says detectives have obtained search warrants for phone records. She says they are using GPS to try to pinpoint a location.

The Missouri State Highway Patrol has posted missing persons posters for Nick and Justin. They ask anyone with information to call the Clinton County Sheriff's Office at 816-632-8477 or Missing Persons Clearinghouse at 573-526-6178.

NICK DIEMEL DESCRIPTION

Race: White
Hair: Black
Eyes: Hazel
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 210 pounds

JUSTIN DIEMEL DESCRIPTION

Race: White
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Hazel
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 200 pounds

Local business owners missing in Missouri

Two northeast Wisconsin men reported missing in Missouri

It’s good that Nicholas told his wife where he and Justin were going and who they were meeting with:

Posted: Tue 2:38 PM, Jul 23, 2019 |
Updated: Tue 3:03 PM, Jul 23, 2019
“[Nick’s wife] Lisa says she last spoke with Nick at 8:55 a.m. Sunday. She says the men [Nick and his brother Justin] were about to travel to a client's farm to discuss business. Lisa says the client has had previous business with Nick Diemel.” (BBM)

Posted: 2:06 PM, JULY 23, 2019;
UPDATED AT 02:10PM, JULY 23, 2019
“[SBM]

‘My husband and his brothers own a livestock company called Diemel’s Livestock,’ Lisa Diemel told FOX4. ‘They went there Saturday, toured farms… and Sunday was the last time I spoke with Nick.’

Clinton County’s statement confirms that the two were in Clinton and Caldwell Counties for business.

Nick [Diemel] had told Lisa he and his brother were going to someone’s house to look at calves, she said.

[SBM]

It was ‘just a standard visit,’ Lisa Diemel said.

They are not releasing the name or address of the individual the brothers were going to visit due to the on-going investigation.

Lisa Diemel said the brothers last stayed in the Quality Inn in Cameron, Missouri.

[SBM]” (BBM)
Missouri deputies find abandoned rental truck of missing Wisconsin brothers in Clinton County

Updated: 9:21 PM CDT Jul 23, 2019
“[SBM]

Nick [Diemel]’s wife Lisa Diemel said the two [Nick and his brother Justin] made trips often for work. They were in town checking on cattle they owned that were being raised in Missouri.

At first, Lisa Diemel said she thought the two were taking a later flight. Calls to Justin's phone went straight to voicemail. Calls to Nick would ring but never got answered.

The brothers' Ford F-250 rental truck was found abandoned Monday in a commuter lot in Holt.

[SBM]

The lot is between where the two were staying in Cameron and the Kansas City airport. People from the area said the small lot is rarely used.

[SBM]” (BBM)
Wisconsin brothers missing after work trip to Clinton County

According to the article below:
Posted: 5:35 PM, Jul 23, 2019;
Updated: 10:00 PM, Jul 23, 2019
“‘I have no clue what's going on,’ says Pam, Nicholas and Justin [Diemel]’s mother. ‘We are as shock. I mean I can't even believe that something like this can happen. You go on a business trip and you're coming back with the person you met with, they didn't make their flight. They found the abandoned truck on the side of the road with their carry-ons and that was it.” (BBM)

Does she mean Nick and Justin were scheduled to fly back to Wisconsin with someone from Missouri?

Lots of info in the above article. It seems like they disappeared on Sunday after 8:55am on their way to a client's farm (According to the older brother's wife - article below, they had prior business with the client). They missed their flight at 1:50 the same day out of Kansas City. They were staying at the Quality Inn in Cameron. The car was found about 25 miles away in Holt.

ETA: It's interesting that an investigation into their disappearance was opened almost immediately, at 3pm on Sunday.

Wisconsin business owners missing in Missouri

Last edited:
This post (and the comments in particular) on their business Facebook page helped me understand the nature of their business:
“2 loads of 650lb Holsteins corn and pellet calves $1.08 OBO
2 loads of 550lb Holsteins corn and pellet calves $1.10 OBO

3 loads of 250lb Angus crosses half steers half heifers $550 a head or best offer”
Diemel's Livestock LLC

According to their posts in the comments section, these cows are located in Indiana and Missouri.

The post is from June 19th.

You go on a business trip and you're coming back with the person you met with, they didn't make their flight. They found the abandoned truck on the side of the road with their carry-ons and that was it.

Does she mean Nick and Justin were scheduled to fly back to Wisconsin with someone from Missouri?
SBM. I think the mother is trying to say that they were returning from the visit to the farm. They could have been on their way to the airport. Their luggage was left in the car. Could they have gone for a meal somewhere near? Were they picked up by another client?

ETA: The correct quote is "you're coming back from the person you met with".

ETA: It's interesting that an investigation into their disappearance was opened almost immediately, at 3pm on Sunday.

Wisconsin business owners missing in Missouri
RSBM for focus

I saw that somewhere and thought the same thing. But according to the Clinton County Sheriff’s Office:
“On July 22, 2019 the Clinton County Sheriff’s Office was contacted by the Caldwell County Sheriff’s Office regarding an abandoned vehicle located at a commuter lot in Holt, MO.

This vehicle was determined to be the one driven by two missing brothers from Wisconsin, Nicholas Diemel & Justin Diemel, who traveled to Missouri for business in Caldwell and Clinton counties.

The Clinton County Sheriff’s Office activated a case squad to investigate the disappearance of the brothers shortly after 3 p.m. on Monday, July 22.

Sheriff Larry Fish” (BBM)
Clinton County Missouri Sheriff's Office

That would have within just a few hours of being contacted about the abandoned vehicle. My guess is that once at the site of the abandoned truck, they found obvious evidence that there was something terribly wrong happening.

I also noticed they have already been entered into NamUs:
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

From Nicholas’ profile: “They are both entered as missing/endangered.” :(

That would have within just a few hours of being contacted about the abandoned vehicle. My guess is that once at the site of the abandoned truck, they found obvious evidence that there was something terribly wrong happening.

This was my exact thought. Evidence of possible foul play or something of the sort. Have any articles mentioned if the keys were still in the truck?

RSBM for focus

I saw that somewhere and thought the same thing. But according to the Clinton County Sheriff’s Office:
“On July 22, 2019 the Clinton County Sheriff’s Office was contacted by the Caldwell County Sheriff’s Office regarding an abandoned vehicle located at a commuter lot in Holt, MO.

This vehicle was determined to be the one driven by two missing brothers from Wisconsin, Nicholas Diemel & Justin Diemel, who traveled to Missouri for business in Caldwell and Clinton counties.

The Clinton County Sheriff’s Office activated a case squad to investigate the disappearance of the brothers shortly after 3 p.m. on Monday, July 22.

Sheriff Larry Fish” (BBM)
Clinton County Missouri Sheriff's Office

I also noticed they have already been entered into NamUs:

From Nicholas’ profile: “They are both entered as missing/endangered.” :(
Thank you for the correction. The first article got it wrong. Monday makes a lot more sense.

Calls to Justin's phone went straight to voicemail. Calls to Nick would ring but never got answered.
SBM. Can we conclude from that that Justin's phone was switched off, but Nick's was still on hours later? I wonder if any of their phones were found in the rental car. If not, hopefuly they can lead the police to another location.

While most sources state that Nick's wife spoke to him on Sunday at 8:55am, the one below mentions a text message (BBM):

Lisa said Nick and Justin flew into KCI on Saturday. She received a text message from her husband Sunday morning, telling her that they were leaving to check on some of their cattle; the brothers own a livestock company.

‘It’s a horrible nightmare’: Search underway for Wisconsin brothers last seen north of metro

ETA: Maybe she spoke to him after receiving the text message.

Last edited:
Do most park and rides have cameras? They have to have some leads. They know who they were visiting Sunday morning and then if there’s a camera at the park and ride they’ll hopefully know if it was the brothers or someone else who brought the truck there.

It’s good that Nicholas told his wife where he and Justin were going and who they were meeting with:

Posted: Tue 2:38 PM, Jul 23, 2019 |
Updated: Tue 3:03 PM, Jul 23, 2019
“[Nick’s wife] Lisa says she last spoke with Nick at 8:55 a.m. Sunday. She says the men [Nick and his brother Justin] were about to travel to a client's farm to discuss business. Lisa says the client has had previous business with Nick Diemel.” (BBM)

Posted: 2:06 PM, JULY 23, 2019;
UPDATED AT 02:10PM, JULY 23, 2019
“[SBM]

‘My husband and his brothers own a livestock company called Diemel’s Livestock,’ Lisa Diemel told FOX4. ‘They went there Saturday, toured farms… and Sunday was the last time I spoke with Nick.’

Clinton County’s statement confirms that the two were in Clinton and Caldwell Counties for business.

Nick [Diemel] had told Lisa he and his brother were going to someone’s house to look at calves, she said.

[SBM]

It was ‘just a standard visit,’ Lisa Diemel said.

They are not releasing the name or address of the individual the brothers were going to visit due to the on-going investigation.

Lisa Diemel said the brothers last stayed in the Quality Inn in Cameron, Missouri.

[SBM]” (BBM)
Missouri deputies find abandoned rental truck of missing Wisconsin brothers in Clinton County

Updated: 9:21 PM CDT Jul 23, 2019
“[SBM]

Nick [Diemel]’s wife Lisa Diemel said the two [Nick and his brother Justin] made trips often for work. They were in town checking on cattle they owned that were being raised in Missouri.

At first, Lisa Diemel said she thought the two were taking a later flight. Calls to Justin's phone went straight to voicemail. Calls to Nick would ring but never got answered.

The brothers' Ford F-250 rental truck was found abandoned Monday in a commuter lot in Holt.

[SBM]

The lot is between where the two were staying in Cameron and the Kansas City airport. People from the area said the small lot is rarely used.

[SBM]” (BBM)
Wisconsin brothers missing after work trip to Clinton County

According to the article below:
Posted: 5:35 PM, Jul 23, 2019;
Updated: 10:00 PM, Jul 23, 2019
“‘I have no clue what's going on,’ says Pam, Nicholas and Justin [Diemel]’s mother. ‘We are as shock. I mean I can't even believe that something like this can happen. You go on a business trip and you're coming back with the person you met with, they didn't make their flight. They found the abandoned truck on the side of the road with their carry-ons and that was it.” (BBM)

I just had to come here to say I live just a few miles from the commuter lot in Holt where the truck was found and it is NOT rarely used. I've used it myself a few times. It's literally right off of/in plain view from I-35 and on the other side of the overpass there is a truck stop and another gas station, I mean this is a pretty busy area. Just yesterday I drove by the lot and two people were meeting up there, not to mention the police love to sit there and catch people not stopping at the stop sign on the off ramp from the highway. These guys disappeared between 8:55 A.M.-1:50 P.M., so broad daylight. I say no way anything actually happened in that lot.

Nick's wife, Lisa, said that farmers in Missouri and Indiana and other states raise cattle for Diemel's Livestock. Nick regularly travels as part of his business.

On July 20, Nick and Justin flew from Milwaukee to Kansas City. They were due to return home on Sunday, July 21.

Lisa says she last spoke with Nick at 8:55 a.m. Sunday. She says the men were about to travel to a client's farm to discuss business. Lisa says the client has had previous business with Nick Diemel.

Neither Nick or Justin have answered texts or phone calls since that 8:55 a.m. conversation.

Later, the Diemel's rental truck was found at a park-and-ride in Holt, Missouri. Nick and Justin were not in the black Ford F250 four-door truck.

Lisa says detectives have obtained search warrants for phone records. She says they are using GPS to try to pinpoint a location.

Nick+Diemel+and+Justin+Diemel.jpg

Nick Diemel (left) and Justin Diemel (right).

I just had to come here to say I live just a few miles from the commuter lot in Holt where the truck was found and it is NOT rarely used. I've used it myself a few times. It's literally right off of/in plain view from I-35 and on the other side of the overpass there is a truck stop and another gas station, I mean this is a pretty busy area. Just yesterday I drove by the lot and two people were meeting up there, not to mention the police love to sit there and catch people not stopping at the stop sign on the off ramp from the highway. These guys disappeared between 8:55 A.M.-1:50 P.M., so broad daylight. I say no way anything actually happened in that lot.
Would the lot/area be less busy on a Sunday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yedi