Found Deceased MO - Nicholas Diemel, 35, & Justin, 24, brothers missing, Clinton County, 21 July 2019 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had to come here to say I live just a few miles from the commuter lot in Holt where the truck was found and it is NOT rarely used. I've used it myself a few times. It's literally right off of/in plain view from I-35 and on the other side of the overpass there is a truck stop and another gas station, I mean this is a pretty busy area. Just yesterday I drove by the lot and two people were meeting up there, not to mention the police love to sit there and catch people not stopping at the stop sign on the off ramp from the highway. These guys disappeared between 8:55 A.M.-1:50 P.M., so broad daylight. I say no way anything actually happened in that lot.

Do happen to know if the lot has camera's?

Are there any thoughts on what might have happened? :(

MOO, JMO: They traveled there for business purposes. I will speculate there was a dispute with a third party over money (business interests) that turned violent. I hope that I'm wrong and hope for the best for these two brothers.

Interesting that they were travelling for business over the weekend? Maybe they work at home M-F and then travel on S-S though.

Something about this just doesn't sound good.

Traveling over weekends is common with family-owned businesses and in farming / livestock, the work tends to go on regardless of the weekday.

So did they park there in the lot and meet up with another person? This happens a lot when my husband travels. They all meet somewhere and drive together so they can go to lunch and talk business in the car. This is a little scary, two grown men don't just disappear.

Are there any thoughts on what might have happened? :(

Great question.

JMO
Been trying hard to come up with some idea of something that allows them to come home safe and sound and unfortunately the only things I can think about is some sort of foul play.

If there had only been one of them then at least we could leave open the possibility of the person becoming disoriented or some sort of memory issue but because there are two of them the odds of something like that is virtually impossible.

One thought I had is if they stopped at that Lot to rest or wait to meet the person with their cattle, then maybe some stranger that was in the lot decided to rob them. That theory would only make sense if the stranger robber(s) forced them to leave with them like to maybe try to withdraw money from an ATM or something and then harmed them elsewhere. Since there were 2 of them I am not sure if stranger robbers would pick those 2 as targets because they seem the type to defend themselves pretty well.

So that unfortunately takes me to what I suspect is a shared theory that the person they were trying to meet decided to tell them to meet him/them at the lot and that they would drive them in the meetee's vehicle since the 2 probably did not know exactly where the land was where the cattle were allegedly being raised. So duped the 2 into the meetee's vehicle and then when they drove them out to who-knows-where they harmed them to avoid paying money or avoid telling them there was no actual cattle and they had taken them for their money or something along those lines.

When relying on out of state people to run a part of your business there is a lot of trust involved in some aspects. How easy would it be for a fake out of state "cattle raiser" to accept money to raise cattle and may have even bought some cattle or just showed them pictures of other people's cattle. It would be easy for a fake cattle raiser to fool someone into thinking everything was fine. Until the day the funder decides to go check to be sure his cattle are healthy and really there.

I have to assume that the reason the older brother brought the younger brother along was to have some extra "muscle" because they may have suspected this particular "cattle raiser" of trying to rip them off. The problem is a gun or other strong arm weapon is the big equalizer and if the bad people had pulled a gun on them before they could react then even if they had 3 or 4 people with them it may have not been enough to get out of a really bad situation.

If I read things right their primary purpose of the trip was to meet up with one particular "cattle raiser" so I suspect they were already having some issues and questions about this person or persons.

This story unfortunately sounds awful right now because I cannot think of anything normal that could have happened. I hope there is some way these 2 can make it home safe.

One thing that doesnt make a whole lot of sense was that if they were meeting someone that same morning as their early afternoon flight it didnt allow a lot of time to meet this guy to check on the cattle. It almost sounds to me that the "meetee" may have been giving them a sort of run around and finally when they said look our flight is leaving tomorrow and if you dont meet up with us then we are going to law enforcement about this. The meetee probably arranged the meeting place and the time. Once there I suspect he pulled a weapon and forced them into his vehicle and it ended badly. I really hope I am wrong because that would be a terrible thing if it happened that way.

Prayers for LE to get to the bottom of this case one way or another.

So that unfortunately takes me to what I suspect is a shared theory that the person they were trying to meet decided to tell them to meet him/them at the lot and that they would drive them in the meetee's vehicle since the 2 probably did not know exactly where the land was where the cattle were allegedly being raised. So duped them into their own vehicle and then when they drove them out to who-knows-where they harmed them to avoid paying money or avoid telling them there was no actual cattle and they had taken them for their money or something along those lines.

I could see this, except didn’t the wife mention that they had dealt with this specific person/people before so in my mind, they would have known where to go.

I could see this, except didn’t the wife mention that they had dealt with this specific person/people before so in my mind, they would have known where to go.

Thats interesting as I had not yet read much about the "meetee" but I did read something she said that was really interesting. Something about that person was supposed to come back with them even. If that is true then of course that could have been just a lie that the "meetee" gave the 2 to make them feel comfortable with him/them.

Ill try to read more articles to see if I spot what you mentioned. Thanks

If I read things right their primary purpose of the trip was to meet up with one particular "cattle raiser" so I suspect they were already having some issues and questions about this person or persons.
I remember reading that (according to Nick's wife) they toured multiple farms on Saturday and that one on Sunday. Reportedly they had prior business with the farmer they intended to visit on Sunday.

Thats interesting as I had not yet read much about the "meetee" but I did read something she said that was really interesting. Something about that person was supposed to come back with them even. If that is true then of course that could have been just a lie that the "meetee" gave the 2 to make them feel comfortable with him/them.

Ill try to read more articles to see if I spot what you mentioned. Thanks
BBM. That was a mistake in the article. I posted a news video earlier in this thread where you can hear the actual words.

I remember reading that (according to Nick's wife) they toured multiple farms on Saturday and that one on Sunday. Reportedly they had prior business with the farmer they intended to visit on Sunday.

Thanks. KDM92 also mentioned that about the prior dealings with the Sunday meetup person(s). If they had prior business dealings with him/them then I could totally understand them not having any hesitation to meet up with the person(s).

Kind of makes me lean back the other way to maybe a random robber or two that happened to be at the lot. They could have stopped there for a bathroom break or something innocent and ran into some serious criminals that happened to be there.

Its all so sad right now. Hope there is a break in the case very soon.

BBM. That was a mistake in the article. I posted a news video earlier in this thread where you can hear the actual words.

Ah ha. I can see now how that part was messed up in the article I read. The audio is clear that they were just supposed to meet up with the person(s) and that person was not going to come back with them.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. That helps.

ETA - Making me wonder if we need to backup the incident to where they were staying at the motel. If they were robbed at gunpoint, it may have happened at the motel they were staying at the night before. Or even if they had gone somewhere to get a drink or dinner they may have run into bad people the night before. Then the bad guys moved their vehicle and belongins to throw off LE. Just speculating a little more. Could have fake texted home on Sunday pretending to be the husband.

I’m inclined to believe the text/call at 855am was indeed one of the brothers

I agree with this. I originally thought maybe it was a text from a perp faking to be Nick, but I think his wife would have picked up on it not sounding like him, as it sounds like they had a small conversation, not just one text sent. Just my opinion.

ETA - Making me wonder if we need to backup the incident to where they were staying at the motel. If they were robbed at gunpoint, it may have happened at the motel they were staying at the night before. Or even if they had gone somewhere to get a drink or dinner they may have run into bad people the night before. Then the bad guys moved their vehicle and belongins to throw off LE. Just speculating a little more. Could have fake texted home on Sunday pretending to be the husband.
When I first read their NamUs profiles, Cameron (location of their hotel) was listed as the last known location. That later changed to Braymer. To me this indicates that their sigthing at the farm on Sunday was confirmed, but it's not certain yet that they left the farm or where they went after that. Maybe their phone pings led the police away from the Holt parking lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela