Found Deceased MO - Nicholas Diemel, 35, & Justin, 24, brothers missing, Clinton County, 21 July 2019 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WARNING, gruesome speculation to follow:

This aerial video shows the search crews sifting through large piles of dirt with screens. IMO they wouldn't be doing that if they thought the brothers' intact bodies were buried there. LE sifts through dirt methodically when looking for bone fragments or teeth or small pieces of evidence. I suspect the bodies may have been burned and LE is sifting through the dirt looking for what is left of them. I hope I'm wrong. But I also hope they find something of the brothers for their loved ones to have a proper memorial and for justice to be served. JMO.
Weren't the brothers alive and well at 11:00?
That only leaves about an hour or so for him to kill them and get rid of their bodies, if that's what he did.

Whatever he did must have been done with haste. I hope they find them soon. they can't be too far. Imo

He probably had no reasonable explanation. LE likely told him they knew exactly when he left and what route he took so he had no choice but admit it. Imo
It seems to me that as soon as he admitted that he took the truck to the lot and left it with motor running, it was an admission that he had done something to them. What ever could be the explanation that he would give as to why he put the truck there and they weren't there?
Does he think that if the bodies aren't found that he cannot be found guilty of murdering them?
It is like jumping in water and then not admitting you are wet.

It seems to me that as soon as he admitted that he took the truck to the lot and left it with motor running, it was an admission that he had done something to them. What ever could be the explanation that he would give as to why he put the truck there and they weren't there?
Does he think that if the bodies aren't found that he cannot be found guilty of murdering them?
It is like jumping in water and then not admitting you are wet.
Yeah, his original intent was probably to make it look like they had parked there to get another form of transportation, but why leave the keys in it? And it was running too?

Did he hope it would look like they tried to make a quick getaway?

More like he tried to make a quick getaway.

I wonder if this was a result of a sudden act of rage after a heated argument and he panicked and left an obvious trail of evidence behind him.

The brothers were there to check on some of their cattle. Did the guy sell them or something?
Did he owe them money? Was he trying to get money from them?
This had to be some sort of business deal gone wrong.
Either that or the brothers discovered something very shady that he was involved in. Imo

That only leaves about an hour or so for him to kill them and get rid of their bodies, if that's what he did.

Whatever he did must have been done with haste. I hope they find them soon. they can't be too far. Imo

People didn’t begin looking for them until Monday afternoon (am I remembering correctly)? So, he had about 24hrs to hide all traces of evidence.

Yeah, his original intent was probably to make it look like they had parked there to get another form of transportation, but why leave the keys in it? And it was running too?

Did he hope it would look like they tried to make a quick getaway?

More like he tried to make a quick getaway.

I wonder if this was a result of a sudden act of rage after a heated argument and he panicked and left an obvious trail of evidence behind him.

The brothers were there to check on some of their cattle. Did the guy sell them or something?
Either that or the brothers discovered something very shady that he was involved in. Imo

Based on his previous fraud conviction (history of shady business practices) and if some comments floating around are to be believed, it sounds like he owed them money and they were there to collect it. So, yes, in some shape or form, it sounds like a possible business deal gone very wrong.

When did the search of his farm start? My thoughts are that he could have ditched the truck first and then returned to destroy the bodies after dropping off the truck. I'm not sure how he got back to the farm but there are ways he could have done that on his own. MOO.

it's possible to go into all kinds of speculation about what happened. Because of the very short timeline between their disappearance and the truck being taken to the parking area my personal suspicion is some of this was planned out in advance. All the suspect has admitted to is moving the truck. He still had to have a way to get back to his property. Meaning someone else almost certainly had to be involved. Which opens up the possibility that he may not have been the person who actually harmed the brothers.

RSBM

I agree. He has a history of selling cattle that didn't belong to him and pocketing the money. That's why he was sentenced to prison for 2 years for fraud. The PBS documentary shows he had no remorse at all from his previous crime and didn't think he did anything wrong. I think he kept doing the same thing after he got out. I think the brothers were there to check on their cattle but when they got there they found out he had sold some or all of their cattle without their permission. They probably planned to call the police and he probably killed them to prevent that. MOO.

I had an insurance monitor on my car. They knew what my speed was for how long, when I braked, Etc. I think that law enforcement will be able to pull that and know if he went directly there, or pulled off on the side of the road for 5 minutes to dispose of anything. That would show on the computer in the car. If that did not happen, they would know that someone else was involved and took the bodies out swear, or the bodies were still at his place, or that he came back and move the bodies later. With what we are seeing in the investigation, I think they are focusing on his area only.

it's possible to go into all kinds of speculation about what happened. Because of the very short timeline between their disappearance and the truck being taken to the parking area my personal suspicion is some of this was planned out in advance. All the suspect has admitted to is moving the truck. He still had to have a way to get back to his property. Meaning someone else almost certainly had to be involved. Which opens up the possibility that he may not have been the person who actually harmed the brothers.

I think LE likely has route and parking lot video for at least good chunks of time for the window in which the truck was moved. Hopefully the video will capture an accomplice, if there is one.

ETA: @techpuppy If your speculation is correct in terms of this being somewhat planned and an accomplice being involved, the list of possibilities has to be very short. Someone willing to murder (or be implicitly involved with murder) to protect J Nelson. Someone who was present at or close to the scene. There could only be a few people on that list.

Last edited:
People didn’t begin looking for them until Monday afternoon (am I remembering correctly)? So, he had about 24hrs to hide all traces of evidence.

So 24 hours that the car was running? And sitting there in an open parking lot with its lights on running all night? I wonder if the police got wind of the car because somebody reported a car with no one in it and it was running?

When did the search of his farm start? My thoughts are that he could have ditched the truck first and then returned to destroy the bodies after dropping off the truck. I'm not sure how he got back to the farm but there are ways he could have done that on his own. MOO.

For that distance, how could he be done it on his own? Uber? Taxi? I can't fathom how he got anywhere on his own for that distance.

Well that may be true, if you are instrumental in a murder and you are part of it, you are also charged with murder. So even if he claims that he only after the fact moved the car, yet he was there,he is still part of the murder in my opinion. As to a legal sense in most States. Moo

Last edited:

With it being a truck he easily could have moved it and made his way back to the farm on his own. All he would have to do is put a dirtbike, motorcycle or ATV in the bed of the truck and then take that mode of transport back to the farm. If someone picked him up they will either be seen on camera following the truck or there will be a record of him contacting the person to pick him up from that location. MOO.

I think LE likely has route and parking lot video for at least good chunks of time for the window in which the truck was moved. Hopefully the video will capture an accomplice, if there is one.

ETA: @techpuppy If your speculation is correct in terms of this being somewhat planned and an accomplice being involved, the list of possibilities has to be very short. Someone willing to murder (or be implicitly involved with murder) to protect J Nelson. Someone who was present or close to the scene. There could only be a few people on that list.

I would assume so, as law enforcement has so many videos of him during his travels Etc. They know which cars were following him at all points in his travels m o o

For that distance, how could he be done it on his own? Uber? Taxi? I can't fathom how he got anywhere on his own for that distance.

A 78 acre farm is likely to have a number a small tractors, ATVS and trailers for hauling. He could have easily put a small vehicle in the bed of the truck or pulled a trailer with another vehicle on it. Once he got to the parking lot he could take the second vehicle (and trailer if using one) back to the farm. MOO.

With it being a truck he easily could have moved it and made his way back to the farm on his own. All he would have to do is put a dirtbike, motorcycle or ATV in the bed of the truck and then take that mode of transport back to the farm. If someone picked him up they will either be seen on camera following the truck or there will be a record of him contacting the person to pick him up from that location. MOO.

Unfortunately, we won't see the recording of him being interviewed for sometime I would think. If it was Florida, the Sunshine State oh, we will be able to see that pretty quickly as to the interview. I really want to see what he said and what his excuses were and how his interview went. But I doubt, in this state, we will see it until trial.

A 78 acre farm is likely to have a number a small tractors, ATVS and trailers for hauling. He could have easily put a small vehicle in the bed of the truck or pulled a trailer with another vehicle on it. Once he got to the parking lot he could take the second vehicle (and trailer if using one) back to the farm. MOO.

Good, hope he took the same route home and is on more videos.

I don't necessarily know if I think this was pre-planned. IMO this almost sounds like it was a hasty, last-minute thing. Like something went wrong or they said the wrong thing or whatever, he panicked/got angry and harmed them. Then it's "oh crap, what to do about their truck?" and quickly decide to leave it somewhere. Still not sure what he thought leaving it running with the keys in would do for him. IMO it would be less suspect to have the vehicle shut off and locked up, but maybe he was in panic mode and not thinking clearly or just hoping someone would steal it. Like someone else pointed out, he may have harmed or incapacitated them before moving the truck, but they may have still been alive and he came back after to do whatever he did to them when he felt he had more time.

But, until they have actual evidence of a crime occurring, it isn’t wrong to give a guy a ride, correct? So, they may know who gave him a ride back from the truck to the farm but not have a charge yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en