Identified! MO - Pemiscot Co., WhtMale UP14552, 18-25, JH' tattoo, Jun'78 - James Hendricks

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes, sorry, should have included the pointer to the other thread. I was somewhat confused myself :p

Does anyone know how they determined that these two victims were (together)?
Did they compare the bullets to be from the same gun or are they going by the one witness who claims to hv seen them together? Just curious why both bodies were found in diff states.

Did they compare the bullets to be from the same gun or are they going by the one witness who claims to hv seen them together? Just curious why both bodies were found in diff states.
They were reportedly seen together prior to dying

They were seen at a diner shortly before their bodies were found.

They were both killed by a shotgun, which fires buckshot (i.e., dozens of small pellets in a single blast), not bullets. So they can't do ballistics comparisons like they can with bullets. But the fact that they were seen together, and found the same day, several miles apart and were killed by shotgun blast, it is pretty clear that they were together.

And a shotgun is not the most common of murder weapons, either.

Both are good points and give some clarity! Thanks
This interstate 55....is the thought that maybe they were just starting out on their journey so maybe they are local to the location, getting breakfast at the diner first..or on their way back home which wld tk them along neighboring states of 55?

It states the male was wearing workboots but does not list the females shoe description....curious if she had on walking attire like sneakers. Also, am i correct that the witness said that the female was carrying bedding..but not the male?

Here is another guy missing since 78, with a scar on his forehead. Height is within an inch. He was just added to NamUs.

John Wesley Gruver
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/37309/0

Probably too old though, and FWIW, Oregon is quite far from Arkansas/Missouri.

I found this grave listing for him (he was declared legally dead in 1982, no body found).
It lists him as going missing in 1975, and I'm inclined to believe it as the entry was created by his relative, and the namus entry is mistaken. He was born in Missouri though...

Matt thomas amon...scar on forehead
Same height..weight......but eyecolor diff :(
Wonder what the hotsauce emblem on shirt was for and where sold? Anyone know?

Matt thomas amon...scar on forehead
Same height..weight......but eyecolor diff :(
Wonder what the hotsauce emblem on shirt was for and where sold? Anyone know?
IMO eye color is very easily miss interpreted so I wouldn't say it makes him.not a match

I dont think this couple was planning to go far...or for too long. The waitress said they didnt look like hitchhikers...and that the female was only carrying bedding, not the male. You would think that if they were going to meet up with friends or family, they would have reported them missing. Plus, they were capable of buying breakfast so they were carrying cash.

Maybe they were waiting for a ride from someone they knew and it wasnt a stranger.

I found this grave listing for him (he was declared legally dead in 1982, no body found).
It lists him as going missing in 1975, and I'm inclined to believe it as the entry was created by his relative, and the namus entry is mistaken. He was born in Missouri though...

I sent the relative a message thru edit, suggest any other corrections; linking to the NamUs profile, mentioned the dates being different asked if he had a photo of John and if there is a relative alive to provide a DNA sample. I also linked to this thread. Also emailing his NamUs RSA Jessica to let her know about the Find A Grave, etc

Here is another guy missing since 78, with a scar on his forehead. Height is within an inch. He was just added to NamUs.

John Wesley Gruver
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/37309/0

Probably too old though, and FWIW, Oregon is quite far from Arkansas/Missouri.

Edward huntsberger and jimmy robinson are the only ruleouts on namus. Any word on john holt?
I submitted matt thomas amon to doe network...same age range, height, forehead scar....but was told no with no real explanation.

Bedding and wallet never found? They had $ since they ate at a diner. If this was a random killing, why did the killer care about the bodies being ID...even concerned enough to dispose of bodies separately. Maybe not a stranger to this couple.

I was just viewing the original police report (the parts that weren’t damaged beyond repair in a flood), and there was a few additional items listed in regards to the male decedent. These include:
- 1 x Coors Bear (this was probably supposed to say Beer) Can
- 1 x Mountain Dew Soda Can
- 1 x Harvest Dry Draft Style Root Beer Can
- 1 x Paper Carton Heineken Brand Holland Beer
- 1 x Tom’s Barbeque Potato Chips Packet
- 1 x Handtowel Piece (Brown or Tan)
- 2 x White Tissue Paper
The only reason I’m posting this is because the legal drinking age in Missouri is 21 and (in the event that the items were associated with the decedent), this has the potential to narrow down the age frame to over 21. Just a thought.

Sounds like they had been at a party.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member