MO - Police officer fatally shoots Vonderrick Myers in south St. Louis #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read this morning they estimated 1,000 protesters. I had previously read they expected 7,000. Wonder what is the truth?

Activists tally FergusonOctober's strengths, weaknesses

“A lot of the regular protesters were upset and offended by the party atmosphere,” Greider said. “We have had our fun moments but Ferguson isn’t a nightclub. We’ve also been hurt and terrorized by police.”

Another local activist, Dhoruba Shakur, 24, arranged what proved to be an enlightening field trip for the newcomers.

“We took them on a quick trip to the QT in the Grove neighborhood,” said Greider, 28, who works as a paralegal for a Clayton law firm. About 150 protesters engaged in a sit-in there that ended with 17 arrests and numerous participants’ getting pepper-sprayed.

“It worked well,” she said. “You could see people understanding just how terrifying it can be to face angry police in riot gear.”

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_71385854-a9b8-5ec0-9ef3-29dce0b7ddce.html

idk reading that article I just feel like they set them up for that confrontation because that was not civil disobedience. jmo

Activists tally FergusonOctober's strengths, weaknesses

“A lot of the regular protesters were upset and offended by the party atmosphere,” Greider said. “We have had our fun moments but Ferguson isn’t a nightclub. We’ve also been hurt and terrorized by police.”

Another local activist, Dhoruba Shakur, 24, arranged what proved to be an enlightening field trip for the newcomers.

“We took them on a quick trip to the QT in the Grove neighborhood,” said Greider, 28, who works as a paralegal for a Clayton law firm. About 150 protesters engaged in a sit-in there that ended with 17 arrests and numerous participants’ getting pepper-sprayed.

“It worked well,” she said. “You could see people understanding just how terrifying it can be to face angry police in riot gear.”

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_71385854-a9b8-5ec0-9ef3-29dce0b7ddce.html

idk reading that article I just feel like they set them up for that confrontation because that was not civil disobedience. jmo

“You could see people understanding just how terrifying it can be to face angry police in riot gear.”

I do not get the mentality of this statement. Why would you subject people to this type of situation where someone could get hurt by their actions? And a representative from a law firm of all things leading the way. Plus I watched that sit-in and we could see the faces of the police and they did not appear to be angry, just doing what they were trained to do. No one was mistreated other than the pepper spray because they would not retreat. jmo

JMO Can anyone guess what is causing the delay with the GJ returning a no true bill or a true bill with charges?? This is ridiculous, to me. I'm sure that they have seen and heard all the evidence by now. I wish they would just step up to the plate and make a decision. Let what will be the reaction happen, and move on..........JMO

[h=1]Weariness of Ferguson protests grows[/h]
But for some, discomfort is exactly the point. Alexis Templeton, 20, a Ferguson resident for 13 years, has emerged as one of the protest leaders.

“My response to the people who are tired of us is that you’ll be uncomfortable until we stop being uncomfortable,” she said. “We’ve been uncomfortable for years. You’ve been uncomfortable for a matter of days and now you feel it should end. That’s not fair.”

Templeton acknowledged that troublemakers throwing objects, looting stores and causing other havoc were hurting the cause.

“But you can’t blame all of us because of a few bad apples,” she said. “Just like we can’t call everyone from Ferguson a racist, because they’re not.”

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...tml?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Nope just the police. :doh:
:gaah::maddening:

“You could see people understanding just how terrifying it can be to face angry police in riot gear.”

I do not get the mentality of this statement. Why would you subject people to this type of situation where someone could get hurt by their actions? And a representative from a law firm of all things leading the way. Plus I watched that sit-in and we could see the faces of the police and they did not appear to be angry, just doing what they were trained to do. No one was mistreated other than the pepper spray because they would not retreat. jmo

One officer had to use his club to pry a persons arms off of his leg..they were wrapped around his leg. The protesters swear he was beating them with his club. :lol: You can see it on the tape, they say.

Does the utter hypocrisy of this situation strike anyone else? The protestors are claiming racism by white cops....but....aren't the protestors, then, engaging in racism, as well? So...why is it ok for them?

Gee, all those peaceful (?) demonstrations to prove a point. Let's see now, what was that point? Not terribly clear.

i wonder if it'd be asking too much for them to take the f word out of their vocabulary - maybe try it for a week? why are they dumbing down the english language?

JMO Can anyone guess what is causing the delay with the GJ returning a no true bill or a true bill with charges?? This is ridiculous, to me. I'm sure that they have seen and heard all the evidence by now. I wish they would just step up to the plate and make a decision. Let what will be the reaction happen, and move on..........JMO

i wonder if doj will be able to review the decision - i never had a true understanding of their power.

apparently, from what i heard, it was doj - civil rights division - that allowed them/the protestors to cross the bridge & go onto slu's campus - when st louis cops wanted to stop them.

now i fully understand the handcuffs local l/e is working under after i read treehouses's article about holder's potential replacement (dated 10/14).

imo

i wonder if it'd be asking too much for them to take the f word out of their vocabulary - maybe try it for a week? why are they dumbing down the english language?

Wouldn't be a bad idea. But perhaps the same advice could be given to LE. By witness reports, DW dropped an F-bomb in his initial interaction with MB, telling him to "Get the F... on the sidewalk". One has to wonder if things might have gone differently without the initial crudeness and hostility from DW. I'm not saying things would have gone differently, but who knows, and as they say, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

no sammwich found at the scene -- just a weapon as per Dotson

Wouldn't be a bad idea. But perhaps the same advice could be given to LE. By witness reports, DW dropped an F-bomb in his initial interaction with MB, telling him to "Get the F... on the sidewalk". One has to wonder if things might have gone differently without the initial crudeness and hostility from DW. I'm not saying things would have gone differently, but who knows, and as they say, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

the only witness who reported that ODW spoke to MB & DJ was Dorian, a less than stellar witness IMHO & a proven liar

I can't believe people are so nasty as to SPIT on LE ! Really supports their peaceful movement - NOT

IMHO waiting for cold weather :laugh:

i wonder if doj will be able to review the decision - i never had a true understanding of their power.

apparently, from what i heard, it was doj - civil rights division - that allowed them/the protestors to cross the bridge & go onto slu's campus - when st louis cops wanted to stop them.

now i fully understand the handcuffs local l/e is working under after i read treehouses's article about holder's potential replacement (dated 10/14).

imo

remember the FBI is also investigating MB shooting in StL County/Ferguson

Chief Dotson is expecting evidence from VM shooting to be available later today (he indicated in his interview with KMOX)

using your goose/gander expression - maybe some only understand/listen if the f word is in a phrase/sentence.

it appears to be a lingo of many protestors.

edit - dh spoke to his ex mil using the f word - and that was his reasoning.

BBM above: I know, right? The ignorance to me is staggering

every time I hear "this is what democracy looks like" I want to scream! America is a Republic, not a democracy. Check out the Pledge of Allegiance :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aaravpatel