Deceased/Not Found MO - Renee Pernice, 35, Kansas City, 2 Jan 2009 - *S. Pernice guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Luv2beaches hasnt been on yet...:( I hope she is ok

And those poor sweet children

23 FREAKING GUNS ????????????

Even people in the Military here in Australia do not have that sort of weaponary at their HOME

I can't even imagine what her family is going through. My heart just breaks for them, especially the kids. The friends that I have that also know her family are just sick. I just hope they find Renee soon.

It looks like the detectives I saw at the vigil were probably following Shon. And it seems like there's good reason to be doing so.

When I read what's being being found, it's like...OMG, she is not going to be okay. You hate to give up hope...but it's hard to believe that she'll be found alive at this point.

There were a couple of arson fires that happened around the time Renee went missing. One of them was in Olathe, Kansas. I remember thinking at the time, with him being a firefighter, that possibly Shon could have started a fire to dispose of the body. But then I thought well being a firefighter he would know that they could identify a body after it was burned. BUT if he dismembered the body or somehow dissolved it (is there something in the hazmat supplies that might dissolve things), maybe a fire could hide any traces of a body?

That does not sound good :(

Acid dissolves things.

Maybe that is why there is blood in the garage and so forth..

So basically it looks like he murdered her whilst the kids were at the neighbours ?

OMG
Pretz was asked whether they had seen or talked to the Pernices’ two boys, ages 6 and 8, who are with their father. They have not been able to, he said.

“We love those children dearly,” he said, “and we want to see them badly.” But their efforts to contact Shon Pernice have been fruitless. “Every attempt to contact Shon has not been returned,” he said. “The calls go unanswered when we call.”

From that above linked article

Geeze I hope the police remove the children and give temp cust to the grandparents

Surely if they suspect Shon of foul play they should do this ?

Positive Field Test on Luminol and Hemoglobin on the AXE with yellow handle.
Lovely.

I predict they file charges on the guns as soon as they feel following him around is not going to lead to Renee. Hes a disgrace to dedicated servicemen.

Dog gets a kinder send off than the Mother of his children. I do LOVE that LE saved the dog. I would focus away from where he dropped the dog, hes smarter than that.

Lovely.

I predict they file charges on the guns as soon as they feel following him around is not going to lead to Renee. Hes a disgrace to dedicated servicemen.

Dog gets a kinder send off than the Mother of his children. I do LOVE that LE saved the dog. I would focus away from where he dropped the dog, hes smarter than that.

Bold is mine I totally agree...a total disgrace

Had a though re the dog , maybe he is using reverse psychology though ? as in they will think i am smarter than that so what better place to dispose of a body right under their noses

?

Just a thought...

Lovely.

Maybe he's not smarter than that, but just thinks he is. Read the comments at this blog, especially those made by Mike in S.C. who used to know Shon and was in the service with him maybe? http://blogs.kansascity.com/crime_scene/2009/01/update-shon-per.html?cid=145370604#comment-145370604

He says Shon is really not that smart.

Bold is mine I totally agree...a total disgrace

Had a though re the dog , maybe he is using reverse psychology though ? as in they will think i am smarter than that so what better place to dispose of a body right under their noses

?

Just a thought...

I dont know what type of dog it was, but I was going with the "she might smell her" if she were in the vacinity, I agree this guy is not that smart..

Maybe he's not smarter than that, but just thinks he is. Read the comments at this blog, especially those made by Mike in S.C. who used to know Shon and was in the service with him maybe? http://blogs.kansascity.com/crime_scene/2009/01/update-shon-per.html?cid=145370604#comment-145370604

He says Shon is really not that smart.

I completely agree Luzi..

He is like a metaphoric 2 face wanna be.. Portrays to those not "in the know"
one image, and takes it out on everyone else that knows the "real" Shon.
ps- who spells a name like that?

If he were smart, he had access to EVERY MEANS to to pull this off. I believe this was "do or die" night for him.. He was gonna turn it around or all bets were off. He gambled and lost. Thus why he scrambled for like 3 days.

I am 100% confident Renee will be found, and this skeevotz will spend the rest of his life in prison or worse.. I would advise her family to seek custody of the kids, immediately. They would absolutely get it ex parte based on the search warrants and intake alone..

Shon may have not been smart enough to pull it off and get away with it. I don't think he thought about it, this seems like a murder that was planned in that he got the kids out of the house, but after that things began to fall apart.

KCPD are a pretty experienced bunch of cops, they'll charge this clown and I suspect we'll be amazed by how much evidence they have against him. I just wonder if they'll wait til Renee's body is found like the cops who prosecuted Scott Peterson or if they'll charge him sooner.

Shon may have not been smart enough to pull it off and get away with it. I don't think he thought about it, this seems like a murder that was planned in that he got the kids out of the house, but after that things began to fall apart.

KCPD are a pretty experienced bunch of cops, they'll charge this clown and I suspect we'll be amazed by how much evidence they have against him. I just wonder if they'll wait til Renee's body is found like the cops who prosecuted Scott Peterson or if they'll charge him sooner.

Since there are kids involved, I hope they don't wait until a body is found. They need to get those kids away from him now. I hope Renee's family hurries up and goes for custody of those kids. I hope they don't let Shon's family have them. At least his oldest kid has a mother.

http://mylifeofcrime.wordpress.com/...pected-husband-shon-pernice-being-questioned/

There's a comment on this blog that says:

I served with SGT Shon Pernice in Iraq. He was IN MY UNIT. I know that Shon Pernice cheated on his wife, talked constantly about how much he hated his wife…the man honestly said that all she did was ‘**** up my life.’ He lied in an interview to KC Fox News on July 4th…we NEVER GOT MORTARED….EVER…and he timed the explosion in the background to make it seem that way. EOD (explosive ordinance disposal) had a scheduled detonation of some explosive ordinance on that day and he wanted to make it look like he saw “action.” He’s a piece of ****…I know that personally.

--Detectives saw Shon Pernice drive the family minivan on Jan. 6 to Line Creek Park -- more than one mile from the family's home -- where Pernice released his wife's dog and drove away. When Shon Pernice did not return, detectives picked up the animal.

It's just a matter of time.

Thank you, I've been so worried about that dog. Now hopefully detective's will be picking up Shon next. He's left quite a trail of evidence. I wonder if detective's are hoping to find a body before making an arrest?

Based on what we've seen so far from the search warrants, it is only a matter of time. I hope so anyway. The truth is painfully obvious.

http://mylifeofcrime.wordpress.com/...pected-husband-shon-pernice-being-questioned/

There's a comment on this blog that says:

I served with SGT Shon Pernice in Iraq. He was IN MY UNIT. I know that Shon Pernice cheated on his wife, talked constantly about how much he hated his wife…the man honestly said that all she did was ‘**** up my life.’ He lied in an interview to KC Fox News on July 4th…we NEVER GOT MORTARED….EVER…and he timed the explosion in the background to make it seem that way. EOD (explosive ordinance disposal) had a scheduled detonation of some explosive ordinance on that day and he wanted to make it look like he saw “action.” He’s a piece of ****…I know that personally.

Luzianne, I also served with Shon. Back in 1994 we both deployed to Kuwait. We were both assigned to MIUWU 114, a Naval Reserve Unit. I was the one who reported him as a fake seal. His name is on the web page of phonies:

http://www.pownetwork.org/phonies/phonies.htm

He stole money and military ID's from me and a fellow shipmate. In the search warrant they found two military ID's that were not his. The names are blacked out. I bet one is mine and the other my fellow shipmates. Shon time as a free man is getting shorter by the day.

Luzianne, I also served with Shon. Back in 1994 we both deployed to Kuwait. We were both assigned to MIUWU 114, a Naval Reserve Unit. I was the one who reported him as a fake seal. His name is on the web page of phonies:

He stole money and military ID's from me and a fellow shipmate. In the search warrant they found two military ID's that were not his. The names are blacked out. I bet one is mine and the other my fellow shipmates. Shon time as a free man is getting shorter by the day.

I WONDERED why those names were blacked out! I couldn't figure out what it could be. So it was other people's military IDs! Thanks for that info.

Wow

It just gets deeper and deeper in the dog doo doo doens't it

And you are so right Goose Shons days are a numbered and justice is a coming !

This case is so obvious as to who done it so to speak, why isn't he locked up already and those precious children with the grandparents before any harm comes to them

:(

I sure hope these guys are also talking to police....goose, have you given them what info you have?

I have reported the information to the police almost two weeks ago. I'm sure there most concerned with the blood spots to come back from the lab to see if they are Renee's. Then I'm guessing they will arrest Shon. I hope so. I just hope he doesn't do anything stupid like what happened to the Porter Kids.

I have reported the information to the police almost two weeks ago. I'm sure there most concerned with the blood spots to come back from the lab to see if they are Renee's. Then I'm guessing they will arrest Shon. I hope so. I just hope he doesn't do anything stupid like what happened to the Porter Kids.

Yep, I'm guessing they will find Renee's blood and hopefully Shon's DNA mixed in with it. I am wondering exactly when he took the kids next door. The reason I think he might have already killed her before he took her next door is that if she were filing for divorce, I can't see her wanting to spend a quiet evening alone with him before he left for NG. So if she were still alive and not incapacitated in some way (bound or whatever) at the time he took the kids next door, I would think she'd stop him from taking them over there, or go to the neighbors and get the kids back or follow him over saying the kids were not going anywhere. Since she didn't take the kids over or help take the kids over, since it was all initiated and carried out by Shon, it makes me wonder where Renee was at that time. Maybe he'd already killed her and he needed to get the kids out of the house so he could dispose of the body.

I could be wrong, but it just seems strange to me because: 1) I wouldn't think Renee would want to spend a night alone with him. 2) She had no part in arranging for or taking the kids next door and no one saw her since before that time.

You hear all the time where kids are removed from their homes just on a suspicion by a neighbor or someone that the parent is unfit or the household is unsafe, without any proof. I assume this is done in the interest of protecting the children and erring on the side of caution rather than risk leaving a child in an unsafe home environment. I don't see why in a case like THIS that the children can't be removed just to err on the side of caution. I mean, even though he hasn't been charged with her murder (yet!), why should the children be left in his care if there is ANY doubt as to his mental health and ability to take care of the children?

The Porter situation was a little different, but true, it's hard to predict what someone backed into a corned might do. At least they seem to have him under 24/7 surveillance. He's got a lawyer, so it seems he'd better do some straight talking to his client and get him into a deal to avoid the DP. MO not only gives the DP but executes. This guy clearly pre-meditated by getting his kids out of the house, so it would seem fairly clearcut to me.

The info you gave will be just one more brick in the wall towards a conviction, IMO and verifiable with records as well which should be a nice little bit of info in court in establishing the character of Mr. Pernice.

Perhaps she was sleeping with the aid of something he supplied??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back