Deceased/Not Found MO - Renee Pernice, 35, Kansas City, 2 Jan 2009 - *S. Pernice guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Very good first post. Welcome to WS! And don't let the premature reply button stop you from posting. I'm the one who probably shouldn't post. I'm very fond of typos and bad grammer!

Thanks for warm welcome SuziQ. Everytime I start to type a reply/comment I get anxious because it takes me so long to get the thoughts in my head into words on the screen. Besides, I've been utterly amazed by the unmatched quality of sleuthing that happens on WS. You guys are Awesome!!!

Since he was in the National Guard, I wonder if he put Renee someplace close to where he did some National Guard training. Are woods located near where the National Guard Armory, which I don't know which one he went to?? Is there one in Independence?? Does anyone know which one his unit is located?? He put her body someplace he was familiar with, I hope the police are looking at that.

Actually, Goose, you may have raised a very good point. If he was to put her on "military property", these whole case could stall in a heartbeat. In general, it is very difficult if not impossible to get clearance to search a military property. I was afraid this might come to jurisdictional issues, I pray that is not the case. She needs to be found.

Here is some information from the blog on the KCStar website. I put the same info about the Armory on the blog to help get some ideas. This is what they came up with. Just copy the google maps in your browser. Very interesting.

perhaps he is aware of a location around the armory (wooded area) that he knew of for disposal, and not close to his house. Even though he lives in KC north, he is an Independence firefighter, and used a key card at an Independence, Mo. fire station/hazmat station. The armory (one of 435 & 70) is closer to that hazmat station than it is to his house. The closer to the residence for disposal, the better the chance of getting caught.

just have seen people comment before that he lives in Independence, so I didn't want anyone getting confused. Here's a google map. On the map, A is his home, B is the National Guard Armory, and 2 is firestation #5.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...608&sspn=0.283912,0.615234&gl=us&ie=UTF8&z=11

Oh wait. This is a better map. It shows A, B and C (C being the firestation) and the route.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...608&sspn=0.283912,0.615234&gl=us&ie=UTF8&z=11

It seems as though the news is not doing alot about this much lately. I want updates,i want to know most of all about the kids,are they safe? I know we are waiting for the test to see if it was in fact Renee's blood. Im impatient,sorry.

It seems as though the news is not doing alot about this much lately. I want updates,i want to know most of all about the kids,are they safe? I know we are waiting for the test to see if it was in fact Renee's blood. Im impatient,sorry.

I feel your frustration. After getting caught up in all the media coverage with Caylee's case, I guess maybe I assumed that every missing persons case would generate similar attention- at least locally. But you know what they say- when you assume something......

Here is some information from the blog on the KCStar website. I put the same info about the Armory on the blog to help get some ideas. This is what they came up with. Just copy the google maps in your browser. Very interesting.

perhaps he is aware of a location around the armory (wooded area) that he knew of for disposal, and not close to his house. Even though he lives in KC north, he is an Independence firefighter, and used a key card at an Independence, Mo. fire station/hazmat station. The armory (one of 435 & 70) is closer to that hazmat station than it is to his house. The closer to the residence for disposal, the better the chance of getting caught.

just have seen people comment before that he lives in Independence, so I didn't want anyone getting confused. Here's a google map. On the map, A is his home, B is the National Guard Armory, and 2 is firestation #5.

Oh wait. This is a better map. It shows A, B and C (C being the firestation) and the route.

Goose, do you have a contact to pass this on or do you need one?
This Fed owned, correct?

Right on, your right it can't hurt. I forgot about the family mentioning that any little detail is helpful no matter how seemingly insignificant.

I too am also surprised and deeply concerned that the items recently removed from the home were not sufficient evidence for Renee's family to get an Ex-Parte order to remove the children from the home and assume temporary guardianship. I do hope that is something they are looking into before he absconds with them for good or worse. :( I guarantee you LE didn't find all of his fake id's. I hope they are checking for safety deposit boxes in his aliases and legal name. All he needs is a fake I.d. and passport for him and the children, plus a ticket to a country that doesn't have an extradition treaty with the USA. Being overseas as much as he has already, who knows what kind of contacts he has made in different countries. Ugh. The possibilities are sadly endless.

I'm going to look for the link to the tip line form to forward the info I have. At least it's something, my heart aches for those children. I cannot imagine how frightened and confused they are without the familiar embrace of their Mom. I never will understand the depths of Evil the human soul is capable of in it's darkest moments. Those kids deserve their Mother. No amount of bitterness is worth murdering the Mother of your Children!

:furious:

*Edit* Done and Done. ;) I submitted the whole ball of wax to www.tipsubmit.com

:blowkiss:

OOOOHHH Good for you..Thank you....

I feel your frustration. After getting caught up in all the media coverage with Caylee's case, I guess maybe I assumed that every missing persons case would generate similar attention- at least locally. But you know what they say- when you assume something......

Greta has had little snippets about the case (Renee Pernice) on from time to time and finally tonight Nancy Grace did a several minute coverage of it. So now we are getting some national coverage. Hopefully Nancy will start covering this case too, maybe not to the extent she's covered Caylee Anthony probably, but a little coverage every night would be good, and it would also be good to get Texas Equusearch to help find Renee. I didn't know Renee but the sooner Shon is in jail, the happier I'll be.

I emailed the Nancy Grace show yesterday about Renee Pernice and she did a segment about her tonight. I don't know if it was coincidence or not that the show aired tonight, but I thought the email was worth a shot. She interviewed someone from the police department and a local news anchor. They also showed video from when the house was being searched. She also spoke to Renee's father. Maybe, if enough people make comments to her on her website about it, they will continue to be interested in her case. I think the more coverage, the better. The Nancy Grace show would definitely be able to generate some interest nationally from people who could help with the search and investigation. Maybe Tim Miller might even get involved.

Video and intro at the beginning of the show then towards the end:

GRACE: Straight out to Martin Augustine with KMBC joining us out of Kansas City. What is the latest?

MARTIN AUGUSTINE, REPORTER, KMBC, COVERING STORY: Well, Nancy, the latest is that court documents are now on file that detail a three-day search of the home of Renee Pernice and her husband Shon and those documents catalog what police found that in that information police did find what appears to be, at least at -- initially, bits of human blood in several rooms and on top of an ax ahead and under a steam vacuum cleaner.

Now, keep in mind, though, all of that information has to be confirmed or refuted by a regional crime lab, but it was just enough information that it did get the attention of Kansas City police.

Also in those court documents, not just what police found, but also why they wanted to search the home. A couple of instances there. Shon Pernice is Renee Pernice`s husband and shortly after Renee disappeared, police detectives saw him drive away from the home to a nearby park and in that park he released Renee Pernice`s pet dog, turned around and left.

In the court documents, detectives say that indicated to them that he had knowledge that she would not be returning. And one other interesting bit of information that caught our eye, the fact that Shon Pernice showed up at an Independence fire station.

Now Independence is a city just right next door to Kansas City and Shon Pernice is an Independent firefighter, so the fact that he would be in a firehouse is not unusual. But that was not the one he`s assigned to. He was also there in the early morning hours and that particular fire station is.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0901/22/ng.01.html

On NG last night when she asked Renee's father "if you could talk to Renee right now what would you say to her",it made me cry. Poor man,you could tell he had a lump in his throat and his voice got a little shaky at first. My heart goes out them and im so glad that finally NG did do something on Renee and thank you Glitter.

On NG last night when she asked Renee's father "if you could talk to Renee right now what would you say to her",it made me cry. Poor man,you could tell he had a lump in his throat and his voice got a little shaky at first. My heart goes out them and im so glad that finally NG did do something on Renee and thank you Glitter.

Renee's father is on the Kansas City news all the time giving interviews and every time he talks he seems distraught and near tears. It is so sad. I'm sure the last thing he wants to do is be on camera about to cry, but he does it because he loves his daughter and wants her to be found.

I think several people have emailed Nancy's show about the Pernice case. I emailed right after Renee went missing, and I know a couple of other people from another crime forum did as well. Maybe they got enough requests that they decided they'd run it.

I hope this being on NG will bring some fresh leads

DAMN THIS MAN.

I want the police to take the children from him and give to the grandparents

I JUST KNOW he killed Renee I can FEEL IT

I truly hope they remove the children soon, Im so worried about them

from what i hear of this guy and his mom i would definitely file for custody if i were renee's parents. shon and his mom seem the type that if they believe LE is coming for him that shon would take off in one direction and his mom and kids in another. then they'd meet up somewhere. she doesn't want renee's family to have those kids. the way things stand right now i believe they could do that and even if they found shon and arrested him. they couldn't do anything about the kids.

Goose, do you have a contact to pass this on or do you need one?
This Fed owned, correct?

Yes, I sent it to the tips hotline yesterday. Hopefully they will search the area. She needs to be found. What is Shon's mom last name? Is it Pernice?? Has anyone done a records search on her?? Just curious, since people say that she is crazy and is protecting him. Where does she live??? Is there woods near where she live?? I'm trying to think of anyplace that he might have put Renee??

Yes, I sent it to the tips hotline yesterday. Hopefully they will search the area. She needs to be found. What is Shon's mom last name? Is it Pernice?? Has anyone done a records search on her?? Just curious, since people say that she is crazy and is protecting him. Where does she live??? Is there woods near where she live?? I'm trying to think of anyplace that he might have put Renee??

I went to the search warrants, when Shon's car was searched the documents listed his car was at
7010 North Holmes, Gladstone, MO. We can assume
since Shon was at his mothers, according the media stories we have got, That this would be her address.
I reversed the address and it is listed to a K. Behr who works as a staff member in the City of Gladstone. Here is a map of that address.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...1033,-94.573381&spn=0.00497,0.016909&t=h&z=16

I figured others had emailed Nancy Grace as well. Maybe if enough people leave feedback about the show and encourage more investigation she will continue coverage on the case. I just wish the results from the testing on the "blood like substance" would come in. I think police are waiting to get as much information as they can before approaching Shon. I'm sure they want an air tight case. I noticed that Renee's father would not speak directly about Shon except to say when he (Shon) told him the last time he saw Renee and that he had not talked to him or the children since. I just wonder if he is being cautious so that when the evidence comes in he can move forward then. I also called Texas Equisearch and they said that they could get someone out here today if a family member would call with the police report number and if the local police would O.K. it. I remember reading that there were some people on here who know the family. Maybe they can pass this info on if they do not already know it. Local authorities may not want outside involvement right now, but I would think the more help, the better. I feel so sorry for Renee's parents and children. I pray for them and Renee. I just wish there was more that I could do.

Truck may have link to missing Northland woman

Kansas City police released photos this morning showing a white truck they believed may have been involved in the disappearance of Renee Pernice, the Northland mother who disappeared around New Year’s Day.

Surveillance video recorded the truck in the area of Gladstone Boulevard from St. John Avenue to Seventh or Eighth Street during the morning of Jan. 2.

Pernice’s cell phone was found near Sixth Street and Gladstone.

Police want to find out who owns the truck and whether anyone saw it in that area or in the first few days of January.

Pernice had begun divorce proceedings when she vanished. Police obtained a search warrant for her house after her husband, Shon Pernice, refused to allow investigators inside.

The affidavit for the search warrant said Shon Pernice had made inconsistent statements about his wife’s disappearance. Shon Pernice told his wife’s relatives that he last saw her on New Year’s Day, according to the affidavit filed in Clay County Circuit Court. But several days later, he told detectives he last saw her Jan. 2.

The affidavit also said that Shon Pernice used an electronic keycard to enter the back door of the Independence hazmat station at 4:26 a.m. on Jan. 3. Pernice, an Independence firefighter, is not assigned to that station. Investigators noted in the affidavit that solvents and other cleaning materials were stored at the hazmat station.

The document also said detectives saw Shon Pernice drive the family minivan on Jan. 6 to Line Creek Park — more than one mile from the family’s home — where Pernice released his wife’s dog and drove away. When Shon Pernice did not return, detectives picked up the animal.

Anyone with information about the truck is asked to call the Tips Hotline at 816-474-TIPS(8477.) A reward is available and callers can remain anonymous.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/breaking_news/story/999175.html

KC police seek tips on truck, unidentifed woman in Northland disappearance

Police want to find out who owns the truck and whether anyone saw it in that area or in the first few days of January. The truck appears to be white, or light colored, with an extended or quad cab and possibly a rack on top.

Two objects in the bed of the truck, police noted, appear to be large coolers or storage containers.

Police also released a photo of a woman, hoping to learn whether she has any connection to the truck. They said they know the identity of the woman, but simply want to know whether she would have had access to such a truck and whether she frequented the area near Sixth and Gladstone.

http://www.kansascity.com/637/story/999175.html << Photo of woman on site.

So doesn't this sound like she could be his girlfriend and they are looking to see if she is a possible accessory or even a suspect?! LE knows who she is, but they are putting her face out there for people to tie her to the location and the truck. The mention of the coolers is unsettling since they found blood on the axe and in her house.

Maybe they should look at Smithville Reservoir. It is straight up US-169 N and is approximately 20 miles or 30 minutes depending on where you go there. It would be opposite of where the phone was dumped and far enough away that her dog would not have been able to track her easily from Line Creek Park. (They should have tried to follow the dog for a bit tho...never know what direction he may have taken them.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back