Deceased/Not Found MO - Renee Pernice, 35, Kansas City, 2 Jan 2009 - *S. Pernice guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Was that a biker bar or what? (on 49th and Metropolitan in KCK where Star Boomer disappeared from.) Did Shon run with a gang of bikers back then?

I either heard or read somewhere that Shon had been employed at one time by MAST ambulance service? If so, their garage/headquarters were for a while located at I-635 and Metropolitan Ave., roughly 44th and Metropolitan, just a short jaunt down the road from the bar. I used to live in the area and from what I recall the bar had a somewhat rough reputation back then. Anyway, if he indeed was with MAST when they were located there on Metropolitan Ave, that would put him in close proximity to the bar on a frequent basis, maybe enough to have become an occasional patron?

I either heard or read somewhere that Shon had been employed at one time by MAST ambulance service? If so, their garage/headquarters were for a while located at I-635 and Metropolitan Ave., roughly 44th and Metropolitan, just a short jaunt down the road from the bar. I used to live in the area and from what I recall the bar had a somewhat rough reputation back then. Anyway, if he indeed was with MAST when they were located there on Metropolitan Ave, that would put him in close proximity to the bar on a frequent basis, maybe enough to have become an occasional patron?

Bold mine - which would give him access to drugs!

Fair Use
Shon Pernice questioned in previous missing persons case
Jan. 30, 2009
KMBZ

Note Shon has never been charged or was a suspect but was the last to see Star.

http://www.kmbz.com/Shon-Pernice-questioned-in-previous-missing-person/3758907

Snip
KMBZ News has learned a Kansas City man was questioned in the disappearance of a woman almost 10 years ago. A source in the KCK Police Department says Shon Pernice was questioned in the disappearance of 48 year old Star Boomer. She's been missing since an altercation at a bar at 49th and Metropolitan in February of 1999. The source says Pernice was one of the last persons to see Boomer before she disappeared.

Click link for whole story

From the www.justiceforchandra.com site - interesting because it gives as source someone in the PD, which I did not catch in the FOX news report -

First time poster..But been following this since it happened.
I might be off my rocker but have they checked along the missouri river.It just seems he would have to cross it to get to the bluffs and the fire station.He would have been in a hurry that Thursday nite-Friday morning since the neighbor had the kids and he could not risk not being home when they brought the boys back.I don't think he had time to bury her and dig a grave.The Broadway bridge runs right along the river to.Just an idea.I hope they file charges soon because the longer they wait the more people tend to forget.

Welcome to WS!

Thanks for reposting it, NRN! I guess I missed the other one! Interesting because when the other reporter tried to find out anything on it...she/he reached a dead end without finding a connection to the previous case.

Brianga~ Welcome to WS! It wouldn't be a bad place to search. I wish we had enough to come up with a solid timeline for this guy. Where are the ping and cell records?! LOL

Hi, Icoodbne1, I used to drive down Metropolitan when I lived in Shawnee sometimes. That was way back before they closed Holliday. I can't say I ever stopped in to Uncle Mike's.

Hi all - this is my first post here - It is just horrible the way this whole story is unfolding- as far as the bar where star boomer was last seen- It was just a local watering hole back then as it is now. They have changed their name a couple of times in the last ten years - it was uncle mikes , then was changed to nobody's business . it has since changed again. I am praying for renee and her family- and know what they are going through, hopefully it will come to an end soon. below is a link to photos of where star was last seen - please take a look :)

http://www.slide.com/r/4R94IJl85z9uud5jKrUTPd1UpwIzEs1P?previous_view=lt_embedded_url

Welcome to WS!

Thanks for reposting it, NRN! I guess I missed the other one! Interesting because when the other reporter tried to find out anything on it...she/he reached a dead end without finding a connection to the previous case.

I agree. I don't see any connection to the previous case. Even if Shon was there, he wasn't charged with murder or considered a suspect or anything in that case, and there is nothing tangible linking the two cases. If there were, the police would already be on it.

Renee is out there somewhere and I hope she is found soon. The temperatures have mostly been below zero since Renee disappeared, but tomorrow it will be 65 degrees and the forecast is for warm temperatures for several days. It would be nice if her body could be found while it's still possible to determine a cause of death.

I think maybe you misunderstood me, Luz. What I meant was the reporter couldn't find that he was even at the bar or questioned in the other case.

I don't believe in huge coincidences such as being one of the last people to see a missing woman then almost ten years later being the last person to see another missing woman. Police may not have made a connection, but I see one emerging. Even if he was never charged or named a suspect means nothing. It is my understanding that in the Star Boomer case that their key witness didn't show or something. Not that there wasn't a reason to suspect Shon or the other men.

I definitely think we need to know as much as possible about both cases and the men involved. Shon could have helped someone else then and they could have owed him a favor.

Thanks and Welcome to WS, Boomer*Chick.

I agree. I don't see any connection to the previous case. Even if Shon was there, he wasn't charged with murder or considered a suspect or anything in that case, and there is nothing tangible linking the two cases. If there were, the police would already be on it.

Renee is out there somewhere and I hope she is found soon. The temperatures have mostly been below zero since Renee disappeared, but tomorrow it will be 65 degrees and the forecast is for warm temperatures for several days. It would be nice if her body could be found while it's still possible to determine a cause of death.

Luz if he gave Star a drug, then it goes to show his character as well, and this may be what he did to Renee

He may have given her some sort of a drug to disable her so to speak so he could easily move her and kill her and dispose of her without any screaming

And just think if he disabled Star in the same way , so that those guys ? guy ? could punch her to the ground etc and again carry her off and dispose of her

Hmmm now that this has come out maybe those guys will *come looking* for Shon to Shut him up !!!

God I hope not before Renee is found !

Welcome New posters :) Boomer Chick are you the lady with the blog ?

Luz if he gave Star a drug, then it goes to show his character as well, and this may be what he did to Renee

He may have given her some sort of a drug to disable her so to speak so he could easily move her and kill her and dispose of her without any screaming

And just think if he disabled Star in the same way , so that those guys ? guy ? could punch her to the ground etc and again carry her off and dispose of her

Hmmm now that this has come out maybe those guys will *come looking* for Shon to Shut him up !!!

God I hope not before Renee is found !

Welcome New posters :) Boomer Chick are you the lady with the blog ?

But we have to go with what we know to be facts and we don't know for a fact that Shon gave anyone anything. He wasn't charged with anything. And even if we had proof that he did that to someone else, which we don't, that wouldn't mean he did the same thing to Renee. And without proof that he even did anything to anyone else, it's all just speculation.

I want Shon behind bars as much as everyone else, and I do believe he killed Renee, but we have to deal with things we know to be true rather than what might have happened years ago that there is no proof of.

I think maybe you misunderstood me, Luz. What I meant was the reporter couldn't find that he was even at the bar or questioned in the other case.

I don't believe in huge coincidences such as being one of the last people to see a missing woman then almost ten years later being the last person to see another missing woman. Police may not have made a connection, but I see one emerging. Even if he was never charged or named a suspect means nothing. It is my understanding that in the Star Boomer case that their key witness didn't show or something. Not that there wasn't a reason to suspect Shon or the other men.

I definitely think we need to know as much as possible about both cases and the men involved. Shon could have helped someone else then and they could have owed him a favor. Thanks and Welcome to WS, Boomer*Chick.
I agree that it is probably not a coincidence , I am still hoping that LE know more than they are telling us - and you are right about the witnesses in the star boomer case ,they refused to testify and charges were dropped to avoid double jeopardy. Also , I do not have any blogs and have never posted on any other sites. I am star boomers niece- and had been following the renee pernice story since she first went missing,
and it broke my heart to see another mother missing. when I found out about the possible connection between the two cases I could'nt belive it :confused: I am just praying that LE solves this soon.....:(

he may not have been charged with anything then AND he hasnt been charged with anything here YET.. but that does not make him any less guilty..

the LE arent sharing all because they want a solid case.

Why haven't we heard anything? It seems that tests done on the items removed from the house should be in by now....

But we have to go with what we know to be facts and we don't know for a fact that Shon gave anyone anything. He wasn't charged with anything. And even if we had proof that he did that to someone else, which we don't, that wouldn't mean he did the same thing to Renee. And without proof that he even did anything to anyone else, it's all just speculation.

I want Shon behind bars as much as everyone else, and I do believe he killed Renee, but we have to deal with things we know to be true rather than what might have happened years ago that there is no proof of.
Luzianne,

I respectfully disagree. If good investigators only followed up on known facts there would be no need for an investigation into anything in any case. I do understand the desire to deal with facts and not rumors on a website but I think we all know that facts are sometimes "leaked" in an effort to obtain more information without exposing people who may be in harms way by an alleged perpetrator who is still out in the public.

Boomer*Chick, Hello!

How do 'you' know there is no proof :)

The poster, Dsntslp, is correct. We are free here to speculate and form opinions in order to come up with some answers. We usually don't leave any stone unturned when we investigate cases. While we don't know anything for fact until it is either confirmed with LE or until trial, WSers have been known to come up with leads which do help to put them on the right track to make connections in cases. We have a very savy group of members.

I think one of the things we do know about criminals is they tend to stick with things which have worked for them in the past. If he did use drugs such as GHB on Star, he could have done the same to Renee. He may not have kidnapped Star, but he could know where they took her. Since she has not been found, he could have accessed the same area thinking it is safer.

With Shon being in the bar when Star went missing, it is suspicious. We should start a new thread (if we don't have one already) on Star's case and work on them simultaneously.

(Welcome to WS, Dsntslp, Sohcnum, and Susan!)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back