MO MO - Ricky McCormick, 41, St Louis, 30 June 1999

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm not convinced about the dark rose thing. Can you show a link where they make a car in rose on dark rose? I also couldn't find anything with Nissan and a power top. I wonder about that bent exhaust, because I can't picture any scenario for it appearing on line after line in the notes the way it does on p1-- not at different positions within the lines.

I'm still not even sure that's an N. To me it looks like a shorthand for 'with' in a lot of places, smaller and with more space around it. It's not the same size as the E or T or most others.
Agreed. It's a key combo, and so is WLD. I'm sure of it, and I have an idea or two, but I'll keep them under my hat until Video tells us more.

I'm not convinced about the dark rose thing. Can you show a link where they make a car in rose on dark rose? I also couldn't find anything with Nissan and a power top. I wonder about that bent exhaust, because I can't picture any scenario for it appearing on line after line in the notes the way it does on p1-- not at different positions within the lines.

I'm still not even sure that's an N. To me it looks like a shorthand for 'with' in a lot of places, smaller and with more space around it. It's not the same size as the E or T or most others.

Not sure the Dark Rose matters, he uses "On" that is a term for colors exterior and interior. So their colors but do not have 1999 color codes, I would bet that is what that is and it fits. So a Black exterior over tan interior, would be black on tan.

The other thing to remember is that the color may not meet a Nissan code, as these types of cars are often custom paint and its one of the first things these guys do. So the colors I am using are used in terms of how the note is written and how he appears to write.

The use of "N" would appear to be his way of say "And" this is another redundancy and show his ability at speech to be less than stellar and meets the profile. So it looks like a break between two or three jobs on any one vehicle, or between features, these I do need to go back over as now I can pull codes, but certainly looks like it means also. He is not entirely predictable in his writing patterns and seems to break almost randomly.

These are not easy documents to read, but if you use the profile and what has been supplied by the FBI, and run that through the letter you will see that they may have actually given him more credit than he deserves.

I also can not find any color codes for Nissan that are "rose" or "black rose". Video1 has stated that he/she recognized these codes because they seem familiar, but that he/she has no experience with Nissan. Video1 has stated more experience with another brand of vehicle, but I do not recall right now what brand that was. I found Chevrolet Corsica color codes listed as follows:

1991 Chevrolet Corsicca - Med. Garnet Red Met. WA8979 /72
1992 Chevrolet Corsicca - Med. Garnet Red Met. WA8979 / 72
1993 Chevrolet Corsicca - Med. Garnet Red Met. WA8979 / 72
1994 Chevrolet Corsicca - Med. Garnet Red Met. WA8979 / 72 (No mention of Garnet Red Met. after this year).
1994 Chevrolet Corsicca - Black Rose Met. WA9885 / 73
1995 Chevrolet Corsicca - Black Rose Met. WA9885 / 73 (No mention of Garnet Red Met. after this year).
1996 Chevrolet Corsicca - Black Rose Met. WA9885 / 73

I have no experience in any of these areas, but I do have experience with competitors in industry using similar codes for similar products. (Think ISO 9000.) I could certainly see someone who worked with Chevrolet codes and knew the codes for their colors interpreting the "71", "74", and "75" mentioned on page one of the notes as being color codes for various shades of "red". Video1 has also pointed out that the message contained in the two "coded" pages is really a jumbled mess of car codes and part codes. I believe it was Ricky's shorthand for whatever he was doing. Was he working/training as a mechanic or was he shopping for/fencing stolen cars??? My attention has now shifted to why the heck the FBI is interested in this stuff?? What difference does it make? I cannot for one single minute believe that in a world filled with "NCB" homeland security threats (Nuclear, Chemical, Biological) that the FBI has time on their hands to worry about a guy who was killed in St. Louis in 1999!!!

http://www.touchuppaint.org/Chevrolet/Corsica

Video, besides Reannan's find of NCBE as a Nissan part number, have you come up with a translation for NCBE and WLD?

His C's and L's can cross and what others see may vary, but I am looking at W as "With" Followed by a two letter code. I think he uses this at least once and again in another instance he may just skip that. So W/CD or W/LD.

May be you can see why the codes are important, but to complicate what he is doing he is customizing and using custom exhaust, and parts manufactured outside of Nissan. Those codes and I believe you showed one example of are not known and still going through them.

This is one sloppy dude, and he is in his own little world. Profile states possible dyslexia and autism. This complicates things even further and now you have to look at inversions and account for what this guy is.

Considering the Feds put this out, I took the opportunity to think for them as well, not the best practice but if they would put any code out there for any reason they would want to maintain the integrity of the code as best they can.

So what would they change?. They would change his name maybe, they would omit items, but in order to get the best responses, they would not tinker with geography or issues pertaining to the actual case or angle of play. That means the profile, or what little of it that is shown would be accurate. This guy fits that profile to a T.

Best,

Kris

I also can not find any color codes for Nissan that are "rose" or "black rose". Video1 has stated that he/she recognized these codes because they seem familiar, but that he/she has no experience with Nissan. Video1 has stated more experience with another brand of vehicle, but I do not recall right now what brand that was. I found Chevrolet Corsica color codes listed as follows:

1991 Chevrolet Corsicca - Med. Garnet Red Met. WA8979 /72
1992 Chevrolet Corsicca - Med. Garnet Red Met. WA8979 / 72
1993 Chevrolet Corsicca - Med. Garnet Red Met. WA8979 / 72
1994 Chevrolet Corsicca - Med. Garnet Red Met. WA8979 / 72 (No mention of Garnet Red Met. after this year).
1994 Chevrolet Corsicca - Black Rose Met. WA9885 / 73
1995 Chevrolet Corsicca - Black Rose Met. WA9885 / 73 (No mention of Garnet Red Met. after this year).
1996 Chevrolet Corsicca - Black Rose Met. WA9885 / 73

I have no experience in any of these areas, but I do have experience with competitors in industry using similar codes for similar products. (Think ISO 9000.) I could certainly see someone who worked with Chevrolet codes and knew the codes for their colors interpreting the "71", "74", and "75" mentioned on page one of the notes as being color codes for various shades of "red". Video1 has also pointed out that the message contained in the two "coded" pages is really a jumbled mess of car codes and part codes. I believe it was Ricky's shorthand for whatever he was doing. Was he working/training as a mechanic or was he shopping for/fencing stolen cars??? My attention has now shifted to why the heck the FBI is interested in this stuff?? What difference does it make? I cannot for one single minute believe that in a world filled with "NCB" homeland security threats (Nuclear, Chemical, Biological) that the FBI has time on their hands to worry about a guy who was killed in St. Louis in 1999!!!

http://www.touchuppaint.org/Chevrolet/Corsica

My experience in auto is actually pretty strong, I did work with Nissan but what I never did was sell parts or service. But what I did do was operate within a dealership and this is where the guy seems to fit best, and the codes are there.

The breaks he uses are varied, but seem to indicate change in action, his language is varied but his terms are there they are just not properly formatted, of course neither is this letter.

The other thing is, where is a guy like this going to work? He is mentally unstable, on medication, described as dyslexic. possibly autistic, and probably on other drugs.

In 1999 he is a prime candidate for a car job, here is a place you can work and actually make money. All you have to do is show up and don't crash anything. The pages differ because he is taking direct notes on part of one page I think and in the others he is off in la la land.

While I have never really seen anything like this I have actually seen the problems this can bring to an auto dealership, specifically service. I think this is what it is.

The Nissan theory is at least plausible. Guys working on cars do carry lists like that around -- at least my dad used to, although his was a lot clearer and better written :D

But that gets back to why would the FBI care about some guy's restoration list, even if he was stealing the parts to order? Even if they were trying to chase an interstate car theft ring, it's way in the past now.

The Nissan theory is at least plausible. Guys working on cars do carry lists like that around -- at least my dad used to, although his was a lot clearer and better written :D

But that gets back to why would the FBI care about some guy's restoration list, even if he was stealing the parts to order? Even if they were trying to chase an interstate car theft ring, it's way in the past now.

All mechanics carry notes, they work book time. A dealership will rob you blind and if you want to get paid you keep a log to cross reference your job. What you write down indicates where you are in that dealership.

He is not using stock numbers, he is using trim codes. He also appears to be a gopher, doing minimal jobs of relative ease, consistent with a new guy or a trainee. He has access to proprietary data from the service department. You do not just get that. And there are 6 clear acronyms directed right at Nissan.

This guy is not working with E. Coli strains or weapons of mass destruction, you can rule that out. But the FBI may not know that, but they know something for sure. If this is the dead guy in St. Louis that's fine, if this guy is alive? He is dangerous and it could be a reason to plop that code up. And on the off chance that this letter actually means something? then he is a genius and far above all of us. That letter is garbage but there is something in there they want, and to be truthful I am confident that this letter is auto code and they do not pay me enough to strip this letter out and look for the prize as the guy who wrote it is out of his mind.

Best,

Kris

bessie and those who posted visual maps, thank you! its helpful in case of bodies..

video, i have no idea why this would do with cars or why the feds would have the public figuring out car terms... of course i could be wrong. the feds have mechanics and would have cracked it already had it been mechanic shorthand i would think. not to mention i'm not sure why they would want the public to solve whose getting an oil change or spark plug replaced... it's confusing.

maybe if the cars belong to murder victims.. yet you'd think they'd have been reported missing.

what if the code is from a serial killer and he used these cars and its directions to bodies?

My experience in auto is actually pretty strong, I did work with Nissan but what I never did was sell parts or service. But what I did do was operate within a dealership and this is where the guy seems to fit best, and the codes are there.

The breaks he uses are varied, but seem to indicate change in action, his language is varied but his terms are there they are just not properly formatted, of course neither is this letter.

The other thing is, where is a guy like this going to work? He is mentally unstable, on medication, described as dyslexic. possibly autistic, and probably on other drugs.

In 1999 he is a prime candidate for a car job, here is a place you can work and actually make money. All you have to do is show up and don't crash anything. The pages differ because he is taking direct notes on part of one page I think and in the others he is off in la la land.

While I have never really seen anything like this I have actually seen the problems this can bring to an auto dealership, specifically service. I think this is what it is.

thanks alot my wife is high functioning autistic lol maybe i should give this to her

I have thought and thought and I can only come up with , someone is now using this code. Maybe someone Ricky taught it to in Jail or a specific gang and recent arrest have been made relating to or exposing its use.

The FBI could care that he is killed because he's a small fish in a bigger pond and the particular crime that got him killed is big business and he is key to unraveling something. Or they could just care because encryption they can't break bothers them. A lot. If I zip a file and put a password on it, they want the technology to look inside of that file. They consider it a matter of national security, AFAIK.

All mechanics carry notes, they work book time. A dealership will rob you blind and if you want to get paid you keep a log to cross reference your job. What you write down indicates where you are in that dealership.

He is not using stock numbers, he is using trim codes. He also appears to be a gopher, doing minimal jobs of relative ease, consistent with a new guy or a trainee. He has access to proprietary data from the service department. You do not just get that. And there are 6 clear acronyms directed right at Nissan.

This guy is not working with E. Coli strains or weapons of mass destruction, you can rule that out. But the FBI may not know that, but they know something for sure. If this is the dead guy in St. Louis that's fine, if this guy is alive? He is dangerous and it could be a reason to plop that code up. And on the off chance that this letter actually means something? then he is a genius and far above all of us. That letter is garbage but there is something in there they want, and to be truthful I am confident that this letter is auto code and they do not pay me enough to strip this letter out and look for the prize as the guy who wrote it is out of his mind.

Best,

Kris

He's not keeping clear enough notes to document his time.

I hope this link works.

http://spotcrime.com/crime/16801616-a819a19b5b570f2477c3b332dd4953bb

03/08/2011 06:51 AM
A federal deputy marshal died Tuesday night, hours after he and another deputy and a city police officer were shot by a drug felon they were trying to arrest. Deputy U.S. Marshal John Perry, 48, died at 7 p.m. at St. Louis University Hospital, the U.S. Marshal's Service said. Perry had been with the Marshal's Service for almost 10 years. Perry was mortally wounded when Carlos Boles, who was wanted for allegedly assaulting a police officer and having drugs in October, opened fire Tuesday morning as a fugitive team tried to arrest him. Boles was killed by returning fire.

This is near the arsonal street and Rickys old address . I thought it was interesting considering the time frame of this shooting related to the request for help with the code and the area of this event. It may not be related.

bessie and those who posted visual maps, thank you! its helpful in case of bodies..

video, i have no idea why this would do with cars or why the feds would have the public figuring out car terms... of course i could be wrong. the feds have mechanics and would have cracked it already had it been mechanic shorthand i would think. not to mention i'm not sure why they would want the public to solve whose getting an oil change or spark plug replaced... it's confusing.

maybe if the cars belong to murder victims.. yet you'd think they'd have been reported missing.

what if the code is from a serial killer and he used these cars and its directions to bodies?
You're welcome. And speaking of maps, here's one. I merged known locales pertinent to RM and MT.

RMcMandMTmerged.jpg

Besides the site of RM's body, only one point links RM and MT by location. MT was born and spent the first ten years of his life 1-1/2 miles from RM's address at the time of his death, which is actually his mother's address on Chouteau. It's an apartment complex, and obviously wasn't around in 1958. But it's very close to the former Carr Public Housing site. It wouldn't be a stretch to think RM's family lived there when he was a child. Of course, he would've been 17 when MT was 10 and moved to Ferguson. So I can't really put them together. The more likely answer is that they met in prison. Their time overlaps by six months, I believe. And of course, they might've simply met on the street.

Link to the map http://goo.gl/maps/m9pB

I have thought and thought and I can only come up with , someone is now using this code. Maybe someone Ricky taught it to in Jail or a specific gang and recent arrest have been made relating to or exposing its use.
That's what I'm thinking, Soul. If some of the letter combinations have been found by the FBI in connection to a gang/auto theft ring operating now, it would explain their interest.

Auto theft rings, especially international auto theft rings, are a big deal today, and have been for at least 15-20 years or so. There was a major bust in Montreal just recently. I've known about car theft rings near Texas and NM selling cars to Mexican drug dealers, but something I learned last night is that Montreal is a major center for this kind of operation. Most of the cars are sold to big spenders overseas, mainly Arab countries.

thanks alot my wife is high functioning autistic lol maybe i should give this to her

Yeah, do that, when you do explain to her that a functioning autistic with a hobby in encryption would be the biggest nightmare I could think of, your reading it backwards. I mean to say that if this is a functioning autistic there is no way I am going for that code because they fly under the radar and what may look like one thing could be exactly the opposite. Not the case here in my opinion.

I am aware of autism.

Best,

Kris

I found an automotive dictionary of automotive terms here

http://www.motorera.com/dictionary/AA.HTM

I also want to mention that used car dealers also fix up cars to sell. Auto detailers will also buy trim parts too. I keep thinking about this guy being on disability though.

Iam just now reading this but checking the note and i apolagise if this has been said it stood out to me right off the bat that every or nearly every time he uses the ketter T it is followed by the letter F ( TF ) maybe something maybe nothing but its how the note starts off also so i figure that every time we see a T F maybe its the starting of a new sentence...

You have to realize that you probably have no less than 150 individual code in there. By referencing the trim packages he does not allow for the year of the vehicle.

In one day he cross works or references something like 5 different brands, that means not only 5 different car makers but five different sets of code for their features, and you could lose 1 maybe 2 features into a package on a 1 year model change. This list is supposed to be 11 years old.

For me to back into 5 different codes I would need both the tech manuals and the sales manuals for the given year, if he ran 5 manufacturers there are probably used cars in there, that means there is no way to back all the codes out without something like 10 manuals. That is out of control, if the FBI wants to crack that they need to start with Nissan and go to codes that may not have changed first, and then they would have to backtrack.

Not only that, if this is Japanese car super house SE is also a suffix for Toyota and another model in the 90's. To add to that you have code in there that is outside manufacture on parts that may not have existed and some that have been discontinued.

You cant do this, not only can you not really break it there are only 26 letters in the English language, and I believe everyone agrees this is English. To key a letter to a code you can only use 26 codes and then build some kind of language around it. Even if you took a second set of codes you could create a 52 code language. Man, you have got to be kidding me no one is doing that to steal cars or anything else. That is insane.

This trash is going in the pail as far as I am concerned cause I know I am comfortable with this as auto code. If they want to release more pages Ill look at it but they got to be out of their freaking minds. That's not code, its a twisted list.

Have at it, and I will check back.

Best,

Kris

I'll bet a lot of body shops have all those manuals and catalogs going back at least to the 90's.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing wonder
Back