GUILTY MO - Rowan Ford, 9, raped & murdered, Stella, 3 Nov 2007

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope you don't mind, but bumping Rowan. My heart hurts for this case; I have been hearing lots and lots of rumors regarding how much worse the night went for her than we have heard. None of it has been presented as fact, but there are lots of anecdotal stories coming out regarding how the LE officers are having a tremendous amount of difficulty dealing with the whole story. Sick time etc are increasing and the perps are not being granted even the bare bones of favors from CO's.

Is Collings still without a public defender does anyone know? I would think that will drag this out a whole lot...

Very tough beginning to this blog. Here is the segment I found pertinent to the discussion here so that you don't have to read the whole thing if you choose not to:

Jane Devin » Dangerous Choices: Children Placed in Harm’s Way

... Recent studies, however, are pointing towards the increased risk of child abuse and fatalities in homes shared with a stepparent or other unrelated adult. A 2005 Missouri study, published by the American Academy of Pediatrics, reports that children living with a stepparent or unrelated adult were 50 times more likely to die of inflicted injuries than children living with both of their parents.

Several studies spearheaded by the University of New Hampshire have shown that children living in stepfamilies or with single parents are at higher risk of physical or sexual assault than children living with two biological or adoptive parents.After twenty years of extensive research into child abuse in Canada, the United States and Great Britain, Canadian psychologists Martin Daly and Margo Wilson, reached the staggering conclusion in 1997 that stepparents were 100 times more likely to fatally abuse their children...

Colleen Spears, according to family members, was aware that her male friend Chris Collings had made advances against her teenage daughter. She married David Spears despite the fact that he was unemployed and had a drinking problem. Yet she left her daughter nine year old daughter Rowan in Spears’ care while she worked nights, just as she previously left her in the care of ex-boyfriend Adam Chichawoski, another chronic alcoholic who later committed suicide...

(Poor little Anthony Buhr is also discussed in the article.)

Another of her blog entries - Jane Devin » Rowan Ford’s Murder & the MySpace Connection - there's a link at the end of this one for the social services reports on Rowan:

http://images.bimedia.net/documents/DSS+documents+on+contacts+with+Rowan+Ford.pdf

This is beyond horrific. I'm completely dumbfounded by some of the things I've read on this thread and in the links. God bless these poor, poor babies. They never stood a chance with the disgusting cast of characters into which they were born. :( :( :(

I am so sickened & horrified by what these children were subjected too.
Will never understand, I can't find the words to express my anger.

I am so sickened & horrified by what these children were subjected too.
Will never understand, I can't find the words to express my anger.
Really - it's just beyond words.

What that little boy endured - how can someone even find enough rage and evil within themselves to do those things?

I agree, I will also never understand.

Bumping Rowan if you guys don't mind-rumors are swirling yet again about the possibility that Rowan was injured with a knife prior to her death and the fact (documented) that Myrna Spears has a criminal history. I am talking to a mod currently about posting a link to David and Myrna's appearances in court prior to Rowan's death and for what. I am concerned about doing it only because Myrna is not a named suspect for anything so far in this case.

rumors are swirling yet again about the possibility that Rowan was injured with a knife prior to her death

I didn't think this case could get any worse, but if that knife rumor is true (The one Morbid posted about on dreamin' demon) then OMG :(

I woke up thinking about Rowan this morning. I had not heard the rumors about the knife. If anyone else is involved with harming that child, they need to be in jail also. Do the rumors indicate who they think harmed her with a knife?

I can't speak for anyone else, but this case makes me want to wrap my arms around all of the lost little souls who are born into circumstances where they just don't count as much. It has nothing to do with affluence, since I know many people who are born into working poor families that know they are loved and cherished...there are just as many children born to affluent folks who suffer for lack of nurturing. We need to collectively speak for those who cannot speak for themselves...I know it sounds cliche, but we can do it. Rowan, the Neveahs and Riley don't have to die in vain if we are determined to make a change.

Sorry for the soapbox.

Bumping Rowan if you guys don't mind-rumors are swirling yet again about the possibility that Rowan was injured with a knife prior to her death and the fact (documented) that Myrna Spears has a criminal history. I am talking to a mod currently about posting a link to David and Myrna's appearances in court prior to Rowan's death and for what. I am concerned about doing it only because Myrna is not a named suspect for anything so far in this case.

What would be wrong with posting a link to something that is factual? :waitasec:

And speaking of the rumors around the knife, yes they have been reported on the Demon site as well as others. I am inclined to think that there is at least an aspect of them that is true, since there is such an incredible distaste for this crime locally....not that rape and murder of a child is not horrific enough, but I have read elsewhere as well as on the Demon site that LE in the area are having an increase in sick time and basic coping since Rowan's murder.

What would be wrong with posting a link to something that is factual? :waitasec:

Probably nothing, but is Myrna considered a victim? I think she is a participant on some level, but that is just my opinion. If she is a victim or blameless, than there is no reason to pick on her so to speak...that is my conflict.

Probably nothing, but is Myrna considered a victim? I think she is a participant on some level, but that is just my opinion. If she is a victim or blameless, than there is no reason to pick on her so to speak...that is my conflict.
The victim is this poor child, Rowan. Her mother exposed this poor child to this environment. I don't have anything good to say about her mother; and I personally do not consider her a victim.

Isn't Myrna, David Spear's mother? She would be the "grandmother" in this case, right? I will never believe that she didn't know what was going on that night. Never.

Isn't Myrna, David Spear's mother? She would be the "grandmother" in this case, right? I will never believe that she didn't know what was going on that night. Never.

You are correct and ditto on that comment. :furious:

Sorry, I was confused. I feel the same way about her as I do Rowan's mother. Neither did anything much to protect that poor child.

I just did a web search and the most recent news I could find was about Rowan's mom filing for divorce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KazPsi