NOTGUILTY MO - Savannah Leckie, 16, found deceased, Theodosia, 18 July 2017 * mom arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I live in Ozark county and I believe the sheriff's department worked non stop and did an excellent job on this case. I believe Savannah's case has effected everyone. This is one of the worst cases I have seen in along time.

Vinelink.com. Or https://vinelink.com/#/searchResults/1

Offender Name:
RUUD, REBECCA MAY

Custody Status: In Custody
Race: White
Contact Facility: Ozark County Jail
Offender ID: 6222
Date of Birth: 05/01/1978

Additional Information:
Aliases.
RUDE, REBECCA MAY

Poor Savannah.

Well let's get on with it. Waiting impatiently to see Arrest(s)!

It never ceases to amaze me to see women murder, or unload children, for the sake of a man. Makes me absolutely sick.

Can we change the title to say arrests? I'll alert a mod.

Wonder why they don't have Rebecca Peat as an alias?

She just got married Aug 4th. I don't think she has had time to legally change her name or use it anywhere.

I'm so glad to see an arrest so quickly after Savannah was ID'd. I was worried it would take a while or they wouldn't be able to find them to press charges.

#JusticeforSavannahLeckie

Apologies to the few people in here who might have seen my deleted post. I had spelt her name wrong and the info I had found was for the wrong person. Nothing came up for the misspelled name under criminal records, but the proper spelling has 4. Nothing after 2005 so perhaps that is when she moved to KS.

One is for a bad $30 check, another for theft that she got 1 yr of unsupervised probation, another bad check with same 'sentence' and a 4th degree DUI which got her 2 yrs of supervised probation.

Rebecca Ruud charged with murdering 16-year-old daughter, Savannah Leckie

599c7bbf786d9.image.jpg

Rebecca Ruud, biological mother of 16-year-old Savannah Leckie, is in custody in the Ozark County Jail after charges of first-degree murder, second-degree murder, abuse or neglect of a child resulting in death, tampering with physical evidence in a case and abandoning a corpse without notifying authorities were filed against her Tuesday. Ozark County Sheriff Darrin Reed said Ruud was arrested Monday by Ozark County deputies at a Greyhound bus station in Springfield, where she had reportedly bought a ticket to leave the area. Reed, with deputies Winston Collins and Curt Dobbs, was conducting surveillance outside the bus station with two plain clothes Springfield officers inside the terminal when Ruud was taken into custody Monday afternoon without incident.

“This had to happen way before we were really ready for it. This is going to be a long, hard investigation, and it’s going to continue for several months. We had to speed up the process yesterday because of a flight risk with one of the key suspects [Ruud],” Reed told the Times Tuesday. “We were here working with the prosecutor last night, and we’ve continued all day today. It’s been a tough case. It’s been tough on us all.”

http://www.ozarkcountytimes.com/news/article_249fe6c4-8743-11e7-91db-5f5d23e84b88.html?TNNoMobile

ETA: Reed has indicated he hopes the death penalty will be sought in the cases.

Charging her with a wide array so the can take things off the table as the investigation progresses.

So she was going to leave the area on a bus ... to where? :jail:

So happy to see this arrest !!!!:jail:

lol I was thinking you sounded hippie and the others sound separatist.

None at all.

I'm passionate about this way of life, reconnecting with our food sources and environment and self sufficiency so tend to get a bit assertive about it when scenarios like this situation call it into question.

On the other hand I have also said that a psychological profile of my off grid group members would be a fascinating study in undealt with traumas, paranoia, borderline socio/psychopathic behaviors and who knows what else.

With so many to watch and literally thousands joining weekly I get a pretty unique perspective on this community. There are a lot of single middle aged women who come to this as a way to escape DV, divorce, abusive family or other traumas. A lot of folks coming out of homelessness and trying to do so in a way they aren't dependent on landlords or the system ever again.

And those are just the situational ones... LOL We're an odd breed overall. And sadly less hippie dippy than makes me happy.

Thank heavens they arrested this subhuman scum so called "mother" before she fled to who knows where. <modsnip>
Appalling and heartbreaking.
RIP now sweet Savannah.

I was being dead serious about the F Bomd..don't be sorry at all. The fbomb is in my daily verbal usage!! Rest easy Savannah. I wish we all could have protected you. :(

Bio mom charged: http://www.kaaltv.com/article/stories/S4582934.shtml?cat=10728

Prosecutors have brought murder charges against the biological mother of a 16-year-old girl whose burned remains were found on their rural Missouri property.

Ozark County Prosecutor John Garrabrant says Rebecca Ruud was charged Tuesday with first-degree murder and other counts in the killing of Savannah Leckie, who was reported missing in July.

The complaint shows Ruud is charged with one count of first-degree murder, one count of second-degree murder, as well as felony abuse or neglect of a child, tampering with physical evidence and abandonment of a corpse.

In Missouri, a first-degree murder charge carries the death penalty or life in prison without a chance at parole.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stellrcellr
Back