NOTGUILTY MO - Savannah Leckie, 16, found deceased, Theodosia, 18 July 2017 * mom arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Google Alert - sharing....

Savannah Leckie murder case broadens out of state
http://www.baxterbulletin.com/story...kie-murder-case-broadens-out-state/642907001/

Sheriff says he expects to make additional arrests
As the Savannah Leckie murder case heads towards its second month, Ozark County Sheriff Darrin Reed said Wednesday the case has led his department out of state. Reed also said the investigation will not stop until investigators are satisfied they have found "anyone and everyone" bearing responsibility for the 16-year-old's murder.
[.....]
Part of the reason Reed and his department are putting so many hours in on the case is because the sheriff says he wants to make certain they do not miss a detail that would allow Ruud to go free. There’s another reason they’re working so hard.
[.....]
The sheriff says his department expects to make other arrests in connection with Savannah’s murder. While many media outlets have named Robert Peat Jr., Ruud's husband as a suspect, Sheriff Reed said again Wednesday Peat is not a suspect and has not been charged with a crime.
Reed did note Peat is a person of interest in the case.
[.....]
Ruud has a second daughter who was adopted by the same woman who adopted Savannah. Ruud gave Savannah up for adoption to a Minnesota couple when Savannah was a small child. That couple divorced, and Savannah stayed with her adoptive mother.
[.....]
Ruud is scheduled to appear in court Oct. 5 for a probable cause hearing. During that hearing, prosecutors would be required to provide enough evidence to satisfy a judge that a crime has been committed and that Ruud committed the crime.

Also video at link. Did not know Ruud gave another daughter to the same woman!!

Actually on Thursday the sheriff said he was not a suspect at this time but a person of intreast. I think he's going to talk.
No. He had been officially named a suspect, but to my knowledge, there was never a warrant issued for his arrest.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I wonder what she mouths before she nods to someone.
Weird. She gets this slight smile on her face and it's almost like she starts to make a kissing face but stops herself. When I pause the video to try to catch her expression it looks like a sad puppy dog face, like she is a child who got caught stealing cookies from the cookie jar. Then the head nod appears to be toward someone else, although I suppose that all these faces could be toward RP.

I plan on being there too. Where will you be driving from?
Welcome to rural MO... I'm a web dev by trade I can't tell you how often I hear businesses tell me.."They don't believe in tech around here"

I plan to be in the gallery for the actual trial dates but at this time couldn't make the drive.

Case broadens to "out of state":

http://www.baxterbulletin.com/story...kie-murder-case-broadens-out-state/642907001/

Part of the reason Reed and his department are putting so many hours in on the case is because the sheriff says he wants to make certain they do not miss a detail that would allow Ruud to go free. There’s another reason they’re working so hard.

The sheriff says his department expects to make other arrests in connection with Savannah’s murder. While many media outlets have named Robert Peat Jr., Ruud's husband as a suspect, Sheriff Reed said again Wednesday Peat is not a suspect and has not been charged with a crime.
Reed did note Peat is a person of interest in the case.

He did however, offer a comment regarding his department’s stance on potential abuse or neglect.
“We’re going to make sure there are no other children involved,” Reed said. “Anybody responsible for a part in her death, we’re going to ask for charges to be brought against them."

Ruud is scheduled to appear in court Oct. 5 for a probable cause hearing. During that hearing, prosecutors would be required to provide enough evidence to satisfy a judge that a crime has been committed and that Ruud committed the crime.

However, a grand jury can hand down a true bill or indictment. If a grand jury does so, it takes the place of a probable cause hearing before a judge, eliminating the need for a probable cause hearing.

After spending some time with RR I am sure Reed has realized RR is not someone who should've been given the responsibility of taking care of Savannah! Cuz she is completely nuts, in my opinion only! Article sounds like Reed is pissed off and going after alot of people! I hope! IMO Peat jr will be witness in RR defense saying he witnessed RR saying she couldn't take care of Savannah anymore and that she needed help from Tamile! My opinion only!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

jenjen - am I missing something?? You posted quotes from a hearing?? I didn't see the link - if so, could you post it again? Specifically you said: her family not there, and she nods - ?? :thinking: :dunno:

TIA!

I didn't make this but know several had asked about it.

http://www.baxterbulletin.com/story/news/local/2017/09/10/goodbye-savannah/651524001/

They recounted how Savannah loved and cared for farm animals. They spoke of a teenage girl who was engaged with her community and willing to help with whatever needed to be done.

Most of all, they spoke of a girl who would not be sad because of the challenges she faced in life, rather they said, she chose to be happy in the service of others and the care for the animals she loved. That’s who Savannah was to those in Ozark County who knew her.

She was a girl they said who should not be remembered as a victim of her circumstances, but as someone who brought joy and happiness to those privileged enough to know her and call her a friend.

Per the Ozark county Times fb page, Robert Peat Jr, has been arrested and charged with the same charges, his wife, Rebecca Ruud was charged with. they married the day Savannah's remains were found

Thank you Smiley!

Because of the Grand Jury indictments, the case will skip the preliminary indictment and go directly to Ozark County Circuit Court.

Both will be arraigned on September 27, 2017.

Robert Peat Jr. arrested, indicted along with wife Rebecca Ruud for murder of 16-year-old Savannah Leckie

[....]

The indictment filed today in Ozark County court says the grand jury charges that Ruud and Peat "knowingly caused the death of Savannah Leckie by unknown means" on or about July 18 and "knowingly disposed of the corpse of Savannah Leckie...without properly reporting the location of the body to the proper law enforcement officials."

Today, after convening for what is believed to be the third time since first convening Sept. 5, the grand jury issued indictments for Peat and Ruud on these charges: first-degree murder, second-degree murder, abuse of a child resulting in death, tampering with evidence and abandoning a corpse. Judge Cynthia MacPherson's docket sheet says that the jurors were unanimous in their decision to issue the indictments.

[...]

http://www.ozarkcountytimes.com/news/article_87263f08-9e38-11e7-bcd8-ef24adeb8f8c.html

I bet her defense will be about this falling in line w her lack of desire of gov't interference in her life.

Thank you Smiley!

Because of the Grand Jury indictments, the case will skip the preliminary indictment and go directly to Ozark County Circuit Court.

Robert Peat Jr. arrested, indicted along with wife Rebecca Ruud for murder of 16-year-old Savannah Leckie

[....]

The indictment filed today in Ozark County court says the grand jury charges that Ruud and Peat "knowingly caused the death of Savannah Leckie by unknown means" on or about July 18 and "knowingly disposed of the corpse of Savannah Leckie...without properly reporting the location of the body to the proper law enforcement officials."

Today, after convening for what is believed to be the third time since first convening Sept. 5, the grand jury issued indictments for Peat and Ruud on these charges: first-degree murder, second-degree murder, abuse of a child resulting in death, tampering with evidence and abandoning a corpse. Judge Cynthia MacPherson's docket sheet says that the jurors were unanimous in their decision to issue the indictments.

[...]

http://www.ozarkcountytimes.com/news/article_87263f08-9e38-11e7-bcd8-ef24adeb8f8c.html

I've been waiting for this. These are two horrible individuals who deserve everything that's coming and then some. :mad:

I don't think that I have followed a case here that has made me as angry as this one.

Per the Ozark county Times fb page, Robert Peat Jr, has been arrested and charged with the same charges, his wife, Rebecca Ruud was charged with. they married the day Savannah's remains were found

Thank you Smiley!

[....]

[...]

Thank you both for posting these! I hope this moves quickly through the system.

She seemed to be a sweet 16 year old, prolly a young-ish 16 y-o who was happy with animals and those animals prolly felt her love & kindness. I guess she was in the way of the two "lovebirds," so they just did what was best for them. SMH. They threw her away like one does an empty fast-food hamburger wrapper. I just can't....

I was just thinking about this young lady today but couldn't recall the name. Glad charges are going forward, but I worry about how easy it will be without the body.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV
Back