NOTGUILTY MO - Savannah Leckie, 16, found deceased, Theodosia, 18 July 2017 * mom arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sickening......glad they moved on her.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

According to the complaint, Ruud allegedly contacted a member of the Theodosia Fire Department on July 18, asking if he could bring a fire truck to help her with a fire at her home. Ruud was also a member of the volunteer fire department.

She said she and her daughter had been burned in the fire. The member of the fire department told her to contact the sheriff's department and reportedly did about 12 minutes later.

Firefighters were dispatched; though when they arrived, it was determined to be a brush fire and not a structure fire. Ruud allegedly directed them away from her residence and toward a logging road up a hill. The complaint alleges Ruud showed firefighters a burn on her left arm but would not allow them to see Leckie, whom she said was "fine and in the travel trailer taking a shower."

It alleges Ruud would not let anyone check on Leckie or get close to her residence. She reportedly said, "she did not want them to see or disturb Savannah. Ms. Ruud said Savannah was naked, and was lying on her bed cooling off," according to the criminal complaint.
http://kstp.com/news/biological-mother-savannah-leckie-custody-ozark-county-missouri/4582920/

This answers some questions from earlier in this thread about whether the fire fighters who put out the brush fire saw Savannah. :stormingmad:

So we have a clearer timeline.

The fire was on the 18th, reported through the Sheriffs office and no one responding saw Savannah despite Rebecca telling them Savannah had been burned.

Judging by the severity of Rebecca's burns why didn't they push the issue? They easily could have.

So we have a clearer timeline.

The fire was on the 18th, reported through the Sheriffs office and no one responding saw Savannah despite Rebecca telling them Savannah had been burned.

Judging by the severity of Rebecca's burns why didn't they push the issue? They easily could have.

Probably because they knew RR and had no reason to be suspicious? I mean, if they were family friends, her saying "she's fine, she's inside taking a shower to cool off and then was going to lay down for a bit" there wouldn't be any reason for it to look suspicious. Obviously, in hind sight, her avoiding them requesting to see her multiple times should have been a glaring red flag and they should have said "tell her to put some clothes on real quick so we can check on her, then we will leave her alone." I guess that I have a hard time holding it against them, since from their perspective, they didn't have any reason to think anything was suspicious at that point. I'm sure if there had been police on the scene at that point, it would have been very different.

Did you notice that the lighter burned area was a 4 ft by 6 ft rectangle? Sounds about right for the missing blanket. Since the burn spot was at the top of the hill quite a ways from the main house, my guess would be that they (or she) used the blanket to drag Savannah's body up there, then just laid out the blanket (possibly soaked in accelerant or even gasoline-- there is always plenty of gasoline on a farm!) as the bottom of the fire.

The fact that what RR was saying were "beacon fires" to help her find her way home if she had run away and gotten lost were actually repeated burnings of her body is beyond demented.

I think we'll hear the full story.

You can see where she has knowingly or not so given slips to be caught. Granted I'm not seeing video or anything, but I am reading someone who wants to tell her side of the story, whether out of guilt or to justify herself I don't know.. but it's coming.

I think we'll hear the full story.

You can see where she has knowingly or not so given slips to be caught. Granted I'm not seeing video or anything, but I am reading someone who wants to tell her side of the story, whether out of guilt or to justify herself I don't know.. but it's coming.

I agree. Or new hubby will tell-all for a plea bargain.

Did you notice that the lighter burned area was a 4 ft by 6 ft rectangle? Sounds about right for the missing blanket. Since the burn spot was at the top of the hill quite a ways from the main house, my guess would be that they (or she) used the blanket to drag Savannah's body up there, then just laid out the blanket (possibly soaked in accelerant or even gasoline-- there is always plenty of gasoline on a farm!) as the bottom of the fire.

The fact that what RR was saying were "beacon fires" to help her find her way home if she had run away and gotten lost were actually repeated burnings of her body is beyond demented.

What further lies will RR perpetuate in blaming this child for her own demise? Beyond demented, with a side of grotesque evil.

This poor child. How many of us would have been willing, and able, to rescue this young girl, if only given the chance?

If MO does not have a death penalty, they need to approve one for this case. IMO a burning at the stake would suffice.

http://kstp.com/news/biological-mother-savannah-leckie-custody-ozark-county-missouri/4582920/

This answers some questions from earlier in this thread about whether the fire fighters who put out the brush fire saw Savannah. :stormingmad:

It also answers whether new hubby knew or should have known about her demise. The affidavit states that he saw Savannah on the 19th and some other stuff about her. That's not possible according to the rest of the affidavit that states she was murdered on the 18th.

I wonder what's happening with Mr. Peat Jr? He can't possibly get away scott free? At the very least, "accessory after the fact".

I can't believe that they left the farm while a search was under way to get married. Maybe they did get married so they couldn't testify against each other.

Holy Moly - what a piece of work! May justice be swift and harsh. She deserves everything and more that's coming her way!

MOO

With Ms. Ruud and Mr. Peat have bus tickets to two different places, they were going to split up & skip town. In my opinion, innocent people do not do that

First degree and second degree murder charges? Wonder if there was a baby involved

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

First degree and second degree murder charges? Wonder if there was a baby involved

Interesting hypothesis, though more likely due to having rush charges to keep her in state, they are overcharging and will adjust based on how investigation progresses.

There would be no chance of fetal evidence surviving that fire, just FYI

Good point. I forgot that all that was left was bone fragments. I wonder what's up with both first and second degree murder charges then?

I wonder what's up with both first and second degree murder charges then?

It basically gives them some flexibility in HOW they want to charge her and present their case. They probably think that they have the elements available to prove either first or second degree murder. But, if something falls through with their premeditation evidence, they still have the second degree charge to fall back on. Or, when it goes to trial, it gives the jury the option to find "not guilty" for first degree (basically saying they don't believe it was premeditated, but maybe a fit of rage) but still find guilty on second degree. It's often referred to as "including a lesser offense" or a "lesser included offense." So, while she will only end up being convicted of one or the other, it basically gives the jury (and prosecution) more options for getting her convicted.

Good point. I forgot that all that was left was bone fragments. I wonder what's up with both first and second degree murder charges then?

most likely, whether it was pre-planned or in the heat of the moment, or an accumulation of abuses led to the death.

-first degree murder(premeditated and intentional killing)
http://statelaws.findlaw.com/missouri-law/missouri-first-degree-murder.html

-second degree murder, the prosecutor must show beyond a reasonable doubt that the defendant killed an individual without lawful justification.
​http://statelaws.findlaw.com/missouri-law/missouri-second-degree-murder.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back