NOTGUILTY MO - Savannah Leckie, 16, found deceased, Theodosia, 18 July 2017 * mom arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
First degree and second degree murder charges? Wonder if there was a baby involved

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Maybe they have some evidence of a pregnancy that we don't know about.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

or charged with 1st and 2nd to where if the 1st doesn't apply they can go with the 2nd degree murder charge

Further discussion on Ashley Banfield tonight. Here's what I caught, JMO and not claiming to have caught everything verbatim:
Savannah lived inside a camper.* Her mother lived inside a barn.* "The mother admitted to, basically the way I look at it, torturing the child."* "She had her scraping scabs off and rubbing alcohol and salt in a wound twice a day for 2 weeks."* "In her mind somehow she thought this was the proper way to discipline her child."* "We found enough skeletal bones to where the head can be restructured."* Mother had a ticket to Memphis and her husband had a ticket to Kansas City.* "Whenever you have a victim that's 18 years or younger than that doesn't go into play" (referring to marital privilege to not testify against one another?).* Husband is* "definitely a suspect in all this".* When fire was reported days prior, Mother would not let the firemen any when near close to where Savannah was supposed to be.* She denied them access to the living quarters to get water.* She says Savannah was burnt during this fire as well but she wouldn't let First Responders go and check on her.* Savannah was a junior volunteer for the fire department

I wonder if there might be surveillance on the "husband"now. Perhaps they are waiting for more substantial info/details/evidence until another arrest is made.

The choice of discipline methods used are beyond my comprehension ... especially for someone who know first-aid as a fire-rescue person would. She was deliberately being cruel to this poor girl. Yet she seems to have freely volunteered the abusive methods she used, which I also found odd.

I had the impression that the fire crews who wanted to check Savannah's burns may have been questioning why she would not allow them near the girl or even near the trailer ... yet there was nothing at that time to cause them to push too hard. after all, RR was quite capable of administering proper first-aid for burns, with having worked as a fire fighter. I wonder how they are feeling now. most likely, this is a shock to them, as well.

...I wonder how they are feeling now. most likely, this is a shock to them, as well.

The TAVFD is holding a fire truck procession, salute and memorial for Savannah on Sept 9th in Theodosia.

I'm conflicted on this.. on the one hand, she was a junior member, on the other hand my over active brain wonders if she was alive and burned but still recoverable when they were there and they just didn't push enough. It hurts my heart to think she was and able to hear or somehow know help was so close only to come this.

Mind you, I read a lot of Stephen King so... take the above with a grain of salt.

My theory remains whatever set RR off happened during the initial brushfire (which isn't an unusual thing in SW MO.. fields and brush piles are burnt regularly, though it wasn't great conditions that week). I think RR snapped over something be it getting burned, Savannah's perceived behavior, what ever.. and some type of altercation took place there. I tend to think Savannah was able to get to the camper because I doubt RR could on her own take her that far and met her end there

Whether Savanna was living or dead when the VFD where there I can't say.. but I don't think she was in the brush pile yet. I think they would have noticed that as they were on alert for any hot spots.

Of course, this is all conjecture... but that is my gut to this point.

Further discussion on Ashley Banfield tonight. Here's what I caught, JMO and not claiming to have caught everything verbatim:
Savannah lived inside a camper.* Her mother lived inside a barn.* "The mother admitted to, basically the way I look at it, torturing the child."* "She had her scraping scabs off and rubbing alcohol and salt in a wound twice a day for 2 weeks."* "In her mind somehow she thought this was the proper way to discipline her child."* "We found enough skeletal bones to where the head can be restructured."* Mother had a ticket to Memphis and her husband had a ticket to Kansas City.* "Whenever you have a victim that's 18 years or younger than that doesn't go into play" (referring to marital privilege to not testify against one another?).* Husband is* "definitely a suspect in all this".* When fire was reported days prior, Mother would not let the firemen any when near close to where Savannah was supposed to be.* She denied them access to the living quarters to get water.* She says Savannah was burnt during this fire as well but she wouldn't let First Responders go and check on her.* Savannah was a junior volunteer for the fire department
I think mother was headed to Kansas City, the husband already boarded a bus to Memphis and is in TN at this time. I hope they get a warrant and charge him as well

I wonder if there might be surveillance on the "husband"now. Perhaps they are waiting for more substantial info/details/evidence until another arrest is made.

The choice of discipline methods used are beyond my comprehension ... especially for someone who know first-aid as a fire-rescue person would. She was deliberately being cruel to this poor girl. Yet she seems to have freely volunteered the abusive methods she used, which I also found odd.

I had the impression that the fire crews who wanted to check Savannah's burns may have been questioning why she would not allow them near the girl or even near the trailer ... yet there was nothing at that time to cause them to push too hard. after all, RR was quite capable of administering proper first-aid for burns, with having worked as a fire fighter. I wonder how they are feeling now. most likely, this is a shock to them, as well.
I am sure it is a shock and they must be suffering a lot of sadness, as Savannah was a Jr Firefighter

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say this, since I don't have a MSM source to back it up, only personal conversations. Mods, please delete if not allowed.

The current statements (again, I have no written sources, only personal conversations) are that LE knows where RP is and has an eye on him. He is no longer in MO, so that adds a bit to the process of arresting him (crossing state lines and such).

But, (and this is sourced in the warrant) they are likely taking their time because they WERE NOT READY to arrest RR yet. But, with her trying to flee, they were backed into a corner and had to go ahead and act before they really wanted to. They wanted their case against her to be airtight before taking her in to make sure that there was no way she could get out on any technicalities that would later undermine their credibility.

I do find it interesting that they acted before they were wanting to to stop RR from leaving, but laid low for RP to leave and are content just monitoring him. Really makes me think they have quite a bit more info than they have released, likely connecting RR with Savannah's actual murder and maybe having RP being only an after-the-fact assistant in covering it up.

So.. given how incredibly small Theodosia is and Ozark Co in general, do we think there will be a motion for change of venue due to bias?

Because I have to say, were I RR's attorney I would not want to have the case heard there seeing what is coming out of social media and direct media sites' comments.

Picked up in NZ as of today as well... If RR wanted fame.. she has the next best thing. Infamy on an international level

Raven_Belle, thanks for the personal insight. that's pretty much what I assumed as to "watching" RP. it's too bad they had to act before they were prepared for an arrest of RR, but she has given so much info already as to the abuses, fire, etc. that it might still work out OK there.

Just how much involvement RP had with Savannah would possibly be a key to being a participant or an after-fact accomplice. I wonder if RP did not want to play daddy to a grown dependent young lady, and if that figured into the dastardly behavior by mom.

ETA: I imagine both suspects knew a lot of the people in the area due to their fire fighting involvements. A change of venue request would be quite likely, IMO.

most likely, whether it was pre-planned or in the heat of the moment, or an accumulation of abuses led to the death.

-first degree murder(premeditated and intentional killing)
http://statelaws.findlaw.com/missouri-law/missouri-first-degree-murder.html

-second degree murder, the prosecutor must show beyond a reasonable doubt that the defendant killed an individual without lawful justification.
​http://statelaws.findlaw.com/missouri-law/missouri-second-degree-murder.html

It sounds to me like pure and absolute 1st Degree murder -- but I think the judge, when it comes to trial -- if it's not already on the verdict sheet -- should also add a 2nd Degree murder verdict option to the verdict form, if that is allowed in MO. That gives the jury a choice of conviction for those who do not feel that it was planned. A conviction is a conviction even if 2nd Degree would have a lesser sentence. (Who knoze what would have happened if this had been an alternative in that acquittal verdict in The Case in Florida. Grrrrr.)

I would think that this "husband" could be charged with "accessory after the fact" for starters. This, at least, would hold him closer to LE and perhaps in jail if he couldn't bond out.

Awful, just awful.

OMG, just why?

Your post made me cry. I think I needed it. From Abbey and Libby, to Michael Chambers, to this poor little girl. Not to mention the Lindsay Baums, the Michaela Garechts, and so many children and adults. The evil in our world is so very ugly at times. We need to do better!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tabathahoward46
Back