NOTGUILTY MO - Savannah Leckie, 16, found deceased, Theodosia, 18 July 2017 * mom arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There are 3 consecutive days of trials scheduled for Rebecca M Ruud beginning on 6/27/2022.

6/27/2022 Hearing - Bench Trial 8:30 AM, Greene Co, Courtroom 4 Taney
6/28/2022
6/29/2022

@Jewels53 - just checking to make sure Ruud is still a go for bench trial on 6/27/22 with a motion hearing before trial starts?

TIA!

1746-CR02630 - ST V REBECCA M RUUD

06/17/2022Correspondence Sent
Clerk informed TCJ of Judge's Order. adp
Order
Court orders jail to have Deft dressed in street clothes and ready for Bench Trial setting beginning 06/27/2022 by 8:30am. Court order for street clothing will be valid for any additional court appearances through 06/30/2022. CRH/adp
Filed By: CALVIN RAY HOLDEN
06/15/2022Motion In Limine
Motion in Limine to Allow Victims to be Present In Courtroom During Trial; Electronic Filing Certificate of Service. Filed by AGA Brown. Sent to Judge for review. adp
Filed By: ANTHONY MICHAEL BROWN
06/06/2022Notice
Notice of Section 490.692 RSMo Service of Affidavit and Business Records; Electronic Filing Certificate of Service. Filed by AGA Brown. adp
Certificate of Service
Supplemental Disclosure - 6-6-2022; Electronic Filing Certificate of Service. Filed by AGA Brown. adp
06/02/2022Writ of Prosequendum Order
Order for Writ of Habear Corpus Ad Prosequendum. So Ordered, Judge Calvin Ray Holden/ak Sent to TCSO, Attn: Extradition.
Filed By: CALVIN RAY HOLDEN
Associated Entries: 05/31/2022 - Writ Requested
tree-collapse_button.jpg
05/31/2022Proposed Order Filed
Proposed Writ of Habeas Corpus ad Prosequendum; Electronic Filing Certificate of Service. Filed by AGA Brown. Sent to Judge for review. ak
Writ Requested
Application for Writ of Habeas Corpus ad Prosequendum; Electronic Filing Certificate of Service. Filed by AGA Brown. Sent to Judge for review. ak
Associated Entries: 06/02/2022 - Writ of Prosequendum Order
tree-collapse_button.jpg
Notice
Notice of Section 490.692 RSMo Service of Affidavit and Business Records; Electronic Filing Certificate of Service. Filed by AGA Brown. ak
Certificate of Service
Certificate of Service - Supplemental - 5-31-2022; Electronic Filing Certificate of Service. Filed by AGA Brown. ak

1746-CR02630 - ST V REBECCA M RUUD

MONDAY, JUNE 27, 2022
Judge/CommissionerTimeDaySettingEvent
CALVIN RAY HOLDEN8:30 AM1 OF 3 Bench Trial
Event Text: HEARING TO TAKE PLACE IN GREENE COLocation: COURTROOM 4 Taney
Address: 266 MAIN STREET PO BOX 129 FORSYTH MO
CALVIN RAY HOLDEN8:30 AM1 OF 1 Motion Hearing

TUESDAY, JUNE 28, 2022
CALVIN RAY HOLDEN8:30 AM2 OF 3 Bench Trial
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 29, 2022
CALVIN RAY HOLDEN8:30 AM3 OF 3 Bench Trial

@Niner

Confused about some of the wording -- will this happen in Taney County or Greene?

Figured out that Deft is defendant, the one to be dressed in street clothes. Thought maybe there was an informant or something. I get a lot of exercise jumping to conclusions.

jmho ymmv lrr

Confused about some of the wording -- will this happen in Taney County or Greene?

Figured out that Deft is defendant, the one to be dressed in street clothes. Thought maybe there was an informant or something. I get a lot of exercise jumping to conclusions.

jmho ymmv lrr

The trial was moved to Greene County.

And THANKS! @Jewels53 - for all that info! :)

The trial is being held beginning at 8:30 a.m. each morning next Monday through Wednesday, June 27-29, at the Greene County Courthouse in Springfield. A motion filed last week indicates that Ruud will be allowed to wear street clothes during the trial and any court appearances throughout the trial period as opposed to jail-issued clothing.

@Jewels53 - just checking to make sure Ruud is still a go for bench trial on 6/27/22 with a motion hearing before trial starts?

TIA!
Several media sources has the Bench Trial scheduled for June 27-29, 2022.. no mention of a Hearing -- Judge Holden Presiding, he's also retiring on July 31st, 2022!
After reading some of the comments, it appears that people tend to forget that Rebekah Ruud is not the teenager legal Mom.. Ruud gave those rights up after giving birth to the baby, trying to do the right thing for a baby she knew she could not raise!
U.S. Federal and State laws emphasize; Legal, Adoptive or Foster parents.. Ruud was non of the above..essentially a stranger to the teenager, that was handed over to her when the adoptive parents decided they did not want to play house anymore..
It is my understanding Ruud reached out to the Adoptive Mom who raised the child -- but she chose not to intervene...therefore neglecting parental responsibilities.
Please also recall that Ruud had a pieceful life in the country before Fire & Police were called to the property days earlier.. how or why there was a fire on the property is not reported!
How Savannah died is mysterious... is Ruud guily of causing death or tampering with the deceased? Those are questions only Ruud can answer, however there are other angles in this case that must also be considered...With Thanks!

Last edited:
Savannah, a juvenile, died on this adult's property while under this adult's supervision -- care, custody, and control.

Who gave birth to the child, who adopted the child, isn't central here.

I doubt John Garrabrant will develop quite the fan following of Juan Martinez....

jmho ymmv lrr

Savannah, a juvenile, died on this adult's property while under this adult's supervision -- care, custody, and control.

I doubt John Garrabrant will develop quite the fan following of Juan Martinez....

jmho ymmv lrr
It is essential to remember that Parental responsibilities ought not to be taken lightly or neglected. The public does not know why the Adoptive parents separated, or why the adoptive Mom did not want the teenager around her new love interest..
What we do know is that the Adoptive parents chose to abandon their responsibilities by dropping off the teenage girl/woman to live with complete strangers.... no reports of support payments ever made to Ruud...or any visation set up for the teenager.. meaning the adoptive parents choose to drop of the teen and hoped to never see her again..Why?
These are important questions, because at the end of the day we had a reported runnaway, followed by forensic identification of severly decayed remains... based on reporting, my guess is that dental records were used to confirm identification.
Please, for one moment consider what chaos and mayhem there would be if all Adoptive Parents choose to abandon their teenager!

It is essential to remember that Parental responsibilities ought not to be taken lightly or neglected. The public does not know why the Adoptive parents separated, or why the adoptive Mom did not want the teenager around her new love interest..
What we do know is that the Adoptive parents chose to abandon their responsibilities by dropping off the teenage girl/woman to live with complete strangers.... no reports of support payments ever made to Ruud...or any visation set up for the teenager.. meaning the adoptive parents choose to drop of the teen and hoped to never see her again..Why?
These are important questions, because at the end of the day we had a reported runnaway, followed by forensic identification of severly decayed remains... based on reporting, my guess is that dental records were used to confirm identification.
Please, for one moment consider what chaos and mayhem there would be if all Adoptive Parents choose to abandon their teenager!

Have you read this thread from the beginning? From what I recall - Ruud was friends with the adoptive mother & Savannah chose to live with Ruud for the summer - if I'm remembering correctly. So I really don't believe she was abandoned by her adoptive parents.

Someone else might pop in that knows the story from the beginning... if I made a few mistakes.

Have you read this thread from the beginning? From what I recall - Ruud was friends with the adoptive mother & Savannah chose to live with Ruud for the summer - if I'm remembering correctly. So I really don't believe she was abandoned by her adoptive parents.

Someone else might pop in that knows the story from the beginning... if I made a few mistakes.

Yes, this. Please read and discuss this case on this thread.

jmho ymmv lrr

Hello -- Clear abandonment, in this current situation, because they're the Adoptive Parents...therefore the girl parents for all intent and purpose! Think for a moment how many serrogate Moms there are in society! Same idea, it matters not that they were acquainted.. only that they failed in their responsibilities.
Further, think for a moment.. will you simply leave your kid in another County, don't pay child support, provide no assistance in the way of material needs, and make no arrangement to ever see the child/teen again?
Ruud, was the birth mother, end of story, because she felt she was not capable to raise a child, therefore gave up her parental responsibilities... essentially Ruud and Peat were strangers to the teen...! Which parent on God's green earth abandons their teenage kid? However, there are many runaways in the system, some simply want their own independence, and don't want to be disciplined... these are all relevant points in this case.

jmho ymmv lrr
Absolutely, one very essential concern here in this case is Forensic identification of decomposed remains on Ruud's property. How it got there, what happened is a concern and that's why Ruud has been in custody for the last 5 years.
Also essential to look at what transpired leading up to the teen's dissappearance, and possible foul play.. These are all things the public does not know. Will there be answers after the trial, that remains to be seen, we also know there was a period of time were Ruud and Paet were absent from the property.. does this mean that someone else could have planted evidence on their property... these are all relevant questions.
Reading about how much Ruud did to secure an independent life, without support from anyone, not even government assistance... is based on the character of this defendant... these issues are all very relevant in this case..

It's been awhile since I last post on her - so I will shorten this up a bit now.

Monday, June 27th:
*Bench Trial set to begin (Motions hearing before trial starts) (@ 8:30am CT) - MO - Savannah Leckie (16) (reported missing July 20, 2017, Theodosia; remains found Aug. 4, 2017 on property, Ozark County) – for *Rebecca M. Ruud (39/now 42), “mother” arrested & charged (8/21/17) & indicted (9/20/17) with 1st & 2nd degree murder, abuse of a child resulting in death, tampering with evidence & abandonment of corpse. Plead not guilty. Denied bond (10/16/18).
Bench Trial was set to begin on 3/7/22 continued to 6/27/22 (thru 6/29) before 31st Judicial Circuit Judge Calvin Holden in Green County in Springfield. Held beginning at 8:30 a.m. each morning Monday through Wednesday.
Court info from 1/30/18 thru 11/9/21 reference post #844 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...theodosia-18-july-2017-arrests.344222/page-43

11/22/21 Update: Status hearing held. State appears by PA John Garrabrant & AAG Tony Brown via Webex. Defendant appears by attorney Duvall & Welborn via Webex. Court appoints AAG Brown as Special Prosecutor. Bench trial set for 3/7/22.
11/30/21: Supplemental Disclosure/Certificate of Service. Bench trial is scheduled to begin on 3/7/22 @ 8:30am in Greene County. 12/28/21: Supplement Disclosure filed by Anthony M. Brown.
2/22/22 Update: The trial for Ruud has been bumped back from 3/7/22 to 6/27/22 to 6/29/22 before 31st Judicial Circuit Judge Calvin Holden. Ruud has requested a bench trial, meaning a judge determines the guilt or innocence of the defendant instead of a jury of her peers. The trial will be held in Greene County, where Holden holds most of his proceedings. A virtual meeting was held in February (2/8/22) with Holden & the defense team, which consists of Ozark County Prosecuting Attorney John Garrabrant & Assistant Attorney General Michael after the attorneys & Judge received a Supreme Court decision on a key piece of evidence that was in question. The evidence is a recording device that Ruud reportedly taped while talking with two Missouri Public Defender employees while discussing her then-expected charges. Ruud reportedly gave the recording to her co-defendant & husband Robert Peat Jr., who offered it to the prosecution team in 2020 when he became a cooperating witness for the state.
3/13/22 Update: There will be a motions hearing on 6/27/22 before bench trial starts. 5/31/22: Proposed Writ of Habeas Corpus ad Prosequendum; Electronic filing Certificate of Service. Filed by AGA Anthony Brown. Sent to Judge for review. Writ requested. Application for Writ of Habeas Corpus ad Prosequendum; Electronic filing Certificate of Service. Filed by AGA Anthony Brown. Sent to Judge for review. Notice of Section 490.692 RSMO Service of Affidavit & Business Records; Electronic filing Certificate of Service. Filed by AGA Anthony Brown. Certificate of Service-Supplemental-5/31/22; Electronic filing Certificate of Service. Filed by AGA Anthony Brown.
6/2/22: Order for Writ of Habeas Corpus Ad Prosequendum. So Ordered, Judge Calvin Ray Holden. Sent to TCSO, Attn: Extradition. 6/6/22: Notice of Section 490.692 RSMO Service of Affidavit & Business Records; Electronic filing Certificate of Service. Filed by AGA Anthony Brown. 6/15/22: Motion in Limine to allow victims to be present in courtroom during trial; Electronic filing Certificate of Service. Filed by AGA Anthony Brown. Sent to Judge for review. 6/17/22: Correspondence sent. Clerk informed TCJ of Judge's Order. Court orders jail to have defendant dressed in street clothes & ready for Bench Trial setting beginning 6/27/22 by 8:30am. Court order for street clothing will be valid for any additional court appearances through 6/30/22. Filed By: Judge Calvin Holden.
6/24/22 Update: The trial will likely be one of the last big cases for Judge Holden, as he’s announced that he’ll retire July 31. Former Ozark County Prosecuting Attorney John Garrabrant, who retired from his position here in December 2021, will prosecute the case alongside Missouri Attorney General Anthony Michael Brown. Missouri Public Defender Yvette Renee Duvall of Springfield is representing Ruud.
*Robert Peat, Jr. (31/now 33) – Pretrial conference hearing on 5/18/21 was cancelled. Next hearing will be after Ruud’s trial.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak
Back