MO - Sherrill Levitt, 47, Suzie Streeter, 19, & Stacy McCall, 18, Springfield, 7 June 1992 #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think JK was involved. They were her friends, she was not setting them up or covering for some secret sex trafficking cabal. Her actions were weird, but just that. I think people read too much into small stuff. I don't think huge thought went into a coverup. To me, timing has to come into play here. This happened the night of graduation, that means something. Stacey and Suzie did not hang out much at all, not in high school. This smacks of opportunity.

I don't think JK was involved. They were her friends, she was not setting them up or covering for some secret sex trafficking cabal. Her actions were weird, but just that. I think people read too much into small stuff. I don't think huge thought went into a coverup. To me, timing has to come into play here. This happened the night of graduation, that means something. Stacey and Suzie did not hang out much at all, not in high school. This smacks of opportunity.

Friends do not behave like Janelle did. I believe she was friends with Stacey but Suzie nope and her lack of respect on tv shows that.

When people say the crime scene was staged then look no closer than Janelle and her boyfriend who were behind closed doors for hours and failed to report them missing. They could of set the crime scene up and had plenty of time to do so.

IMO

Friends do not behave like Janelle did. I believe she was friends with Stacey but Suzie nope and her lack of respect on tv shows that.

When people say the crime scene was staged then look no closer than Janelle and her boyfriend who were behind closed doors for hours and failed to report them missing. They could of set the crime scene up and had plenty of time to do so.

IMO
Bad assumptions......

Do you believe Janelle staged the crime scene or even her boyfriend?

Let’s not forget the opportunity of getting them in and out of the house because it was light they wouldn’t of had much time to stage.

But somebody like Janelle has hours upon hours unaccounted for and could of easily of altered the crime scene.

IMO

I do not believe that Janelle or her friends had anything to do with this crime. My best source said the police put them through the wringer and They would have “cracked” if there was any complicity. I also feel much the same about the grave robbers although I would dearly like to hear directly from Dustin Recla. He could call me directly at home if he wishes. What comes to me stays with me. I have a listed phone number and my home address is easily obtained. No attempt will be made to tape the calls.

The one source who has posted here who has the most and best actual information is “Himwhoknows.” No one I know of actually spent four hours directly talking to Chief Williams who by any measure is as clean as a “hound’s tooth.”

There is one person and one person alone who I am convinced carried out this crime from beginning to end. No “GrandJuryThree”, no grave robbers. That substantially reduces the plausible suspects.

I don't know that she was actually involved, but I find it almost impossible to believe that she didn't have critical knowledge. Her actions that Sunday are not those of someone who realized that she got blown off by her friends so she went about her day assuming that the girls had just made other plans and neglected to communicate that to her. Her actions are of someone extremely anxious about not being able to make contact with the girls, despite her claims that she didn't think anything was wrong.

She was out partying very late, yet was up super early (I have seen times as early as 6:30am) trying to call the girls at Suzie's house. She then drives over to Suzie's house, which she is on video admitting that was the first time she had ever been there. A normal situation would be that she knocks on the door, receives no answer, so assumes the girls made other plans for the water park or other plans altogether. In 1992, she would have left a note on the door or on the windshield of their cars. And then left. But she didn't leave, she let herself inside the home where she had access to a telephone but didn't call Stacy's house!!! I just cannot get past that.

So let's say she didn't call Stacy's house because she thought everything was fine and the girls just made other plans without communicating to her. If so, then WHY RETURN TO SUZIE'S HOUSE AGAIN LATER?!? Also, WHY NOT CALL STACY'S HOUSE OR DRIVE OVER TO HER HOUSE IF SO CONCERNED? Instead, she AGAIN goes back to Suzie's house and prowls around inside, looking through their purses, messing with the phone/answering machine, and Heaven knows what else! And she STILL has not tried to contact Stacy's house either by phone or going directly there!! Why not???

I do not believe that Janelle or her friends had anything to do with this crime. My best source said the police put them through the wringer and They would have “cracked” if there was any complicity. I also feel much the same about the grave robbers although I would dearly like to hear directly from Dustin Recla. He could call me directly at home if he wishes. What comes to me stays with me. I have a listed phone number and my home address is easily obtained. No attempt will be made to tape the calls.

The one source who has posted here who has the most and best actual information is “Himwhoknows.” No one I know of actually spent four hours directly talking to Chief Williams who by any measure is as clean as a “hound’s tooth.”

There is one person and one person alone who I am convinced carried out this crime from beginning to end. No “GrandJuryThree”, no grave robbers. That substantially reduces the plausible suspects.

BBM...may I ask who it is that you suspect?

This is a interesting theory as it goes against what the profiler said

Wright said his theory came from "the totality of information

So they know so much more than us and they had all that information to come up with suspects and they said at leas one person known to the women.

This is a interesting theory as it goes against what the profiler said

So they know so much more than us and they had all that information to come up with suspects and they said at least one person known to the women.

That was a long time ago. Ordinarily that would be a valid theory but 27 years have passed. Perhaps it is time to look at what is now known and who can logically eliminated.

That was a long time ago. Ordinarily that would be a valid theory but 27 years have passed. Perhaps it is time to look at what is now known and who can logically eliminated.

That is true but that was still the evidence they had back then. They have never come out and said that’s information isn’t valid.

What exactly do we know in the grand scheme of things?

It’s frustrating for me that despite the tv show last year that Bart and Stacey’s family have not done more to get some focus back on this case. It can be solved but the surviving family’s members should be doing more I feel. Get on social media, go on local radio and do what needs to be done for your children’s memory and closure.

I think the families have done all they can, really. Solving this case comes down to a confession, there’s nothing else concrete to go on. If it was the work of a lone perpetrator, he might even be dead by now. Of course, recovering bodies would bring some closure for their loved ones.. but even that seems unlikely. I really want to be wrong, though.

I think the families have done all they can, really. Solving this case comes down to a confession, there’s nothing else concrete to go on. If it was the work of a lone perpetrator, he might even be dead by now. Of course, recovering bodies would bring some closure for their loved ones.. but even that seems unlikely. I really want to be wrong, though.

I think with enough pressure they could get the case looked at again. It’s about getting the public on side and getting the message out there.

the entire case needs to be gone though again from top to Bottom. They should hire private detectives if their city won’t listen to them. It’s unsolved and needs to be solved.

That is true but that was still the evidence they had back then. They have never come out and said that’s information isn’t valid.

What exactly do we know in the grand scheme of things?

It’s frustrating for me that despite the tv show last year that Bart and Stacey’s family have not done more to get some focus back on this case. It can be solved but the surviving family’s members should be doing more I feel. Get on social media, go on local radio and do what needs to be done for your children’s memory and closure.

They didn’t say it was valid either. It was just left hanging.

We can be relatively certain that the girls did not arrive much before 2:45AM. We know this from the time the party broke up at 1:50AM by the cops. It is 57 city blocks to the home in Battlefield. Considering the time that was taken up with arrangements at Janelle’s and the fact that Mrs. Kirby looked at her alarm clock and they pulled out of the driveway to go to the Delmar address and that it was 11.6 miles there it is safe to assume 2:45AM would be the time of arrival at the Delmar address.

It is reasonable to conclude that getting ready for bed, removal of make-up about 5-10 minutes would have elapsed. Under ideal conditions it would seem impossible to have gotten in bed before 3:00AM.

We know the blinds were cracked in Suzie’s bedroom. It is highly improbable she would leave them cracked during the day. It is strongly indicative that she saw a vehicle pull up and lights shone in her bedroom window.

Beyond this point it cannot be known what took place although sunrise was at 5:57 AM. Therefore there was about three hours that have to be accounted for.

As to the likely suspects one would likely want to know what their alibis were during that period of time.

What is not known is the motive. I have presented a theory whereby a single male kidnapper could have done this crime.

In my opinion that kidnapper was from the Hanover party. If he scoped out Janelle as his “target” all he needed to do was follow her home. I suspect they had some kind of conversation at the party and he fit in being only 25 years old and had other places to go in event his overtures to Suzie didn’t pan out.

IMO

In most cases I think they look at people last seen with a missing person or murder victim. They also look at people who find a body and interview them. There weren't bodies but it seems like they made it to the house or their cars did. Janelle and Mike where the first people to discover them missing and some of the last people to see them alive. Janelle's behavior is either very rude or very concerned. Like she had a reason to suspect foul play. She avoided calling the McCalls, was she worried about getting stacy in trouble? If you are looking for your friends and believe they got a ride with someone else why wouldn't you assume that Stacy might have checked in. I get not doing that first thing in the morning especially if purses weren't noticed or gone through (I would assume they would have had pool bags maybe). It's never made sense how Jaanice and officer Bookout found the house with people coming and going.

IMO

Set them up for who? Who was this high school girl working for, covering for? I think it is a stretch. What are your thoughts on who she was conspiring with? And if she was tight with Stacey, why do this?

Set them up for who? Who was this high school girl working for, covering for? I think it is a stretch. What are your thoughts on who she was conspiring with? And if she was tight with Stacey, why do this?

If Janelle is involved it’s definitely about drugs. Look at her high school graduation photo and she looks like death warmed up. Stacey and Suzie look completely fresh faced and normal.

Also Stacey was a victim of circumstances as Janelle didn’t think Stacey would go home with Suzie. Janelle of would of known they had no rooms for guests so why invite them
To stay in the first place ?

Her family came from out of town so she would of known they was all staying over.

I graduated around the same time as Stacy and Suzie, went to many grad parties in 10th, 11th and 12th grade. There was always someone there to supply marijuana and coke. Those guys made it their business to find out where the parties were at. MOO
Wonder who the go to guys were that night and if they had any connection to Susie’s other group of friends.

If Janelle is involved it’s definitely about drugs. Look at her high school graduation photo and she looks like death warmed up. Stacey and Suzie look completely fresh faced and normal.

Also Stacey was a victim of circumstances as Janelle didn’t think Stacey would go home with Suzie. Janelle of would of known they had no rooms for guests so why invite them

Her family came from out of town so she would of known they was all staying over.

How did Sherill end up dead when there's a much easier scenario of Janelle killing Stacey and Suzie earlier on? I've never really got how Sherill disappeared in the Janelle did it scenario but maybe i'm missing something?

JK

JK did know Stacey was going home with Suzie. I don't see any connection and just don't see a motive in regards to JK. You could be right, but I think because there is so little info out there that we tend to overanalyze some minor stuff and read too much into it. I think Cox is an example of that. This case is an addictive rabbit hole and I think we are all spinning our wheels, but we want an answer so bad.

How did Sherill end up dead when there's a much easier scenario of Janelle killing Stacey and Suzie earlier on? I've never really got how Sherill disappeared in the Janelle did it scenario but maybe i'm missing something?

I don't know who killed them but Sherrill stands out as far as being older and not at any parties. It would be easier to get a parent to leave their home if they thought their child was in trouble. If she woke up and found cars being dropped off by people other than Suzie and Stacy that could have been an issue. If something happened to one or both girls she might have gone out to help them. She could have gotten into a car with someone she believed was taking her to the hospital or jail. The girls could have gone somewhere else from Suzie's and something could have happened then. I wonder if the timeline police were given is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot