MO - Sherrill Levitt, 47, Suzie Streeter, 19, & Stacy McCall, 18, Springfield, 7 June 1992 #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
sticking point for me.

Janelle telling news reporters that stacy was 'at that other girls house" yet......
waltzed right into that OTHER GIRLS house and loitered sabotaging a crime scene.

not cohesive statements and actions coming from the last person to see them before they vanished.

something stinks rotten in the blatant obvious.

moo
So, what would be the suspected motive for silence?

I don't know woof.
but Janelle smells imo

at a hunch I think suzie being upset before she went home, going to stay at branson...then change of plans to stay at janelles then suddenly sorry u cant stay (too many here...yawn whatever excuse made)
Stacey picking sides and leaving with suzie . pregnancies?, boys?, playing around?. these things are HUGE to melodramatic teenage girls. (I know I was one :p)
ganging up can get way out of control very very quickly.

motive for silence?? who wants to go to prison??o_O

just my speculative opinion. cant shake it.
moo

I have a lot of doubts about the timeline.
Around 8PM the girls went to Brian Joy´s house,where a party was held (and the parents were out).

The girls asked Joy if they could spend the night there and he said Yes. But, the strange thing is that, at 10 PM. Stacy called her mom to say they weren´t going to Branson and that the three girls would stay at Janelle´s house (she didn´t say the three of them would stay at Brian Joy´s house, she said Janelle's).

The three girls (remember that Kirby was also with Henson) stayed at Joy´s party until 11:00 PM (in some web pages I found that they left to Hanoover at 1:00 AM(it is worth mentioning that Brian Joy was, supposedly, the person who drove the girls to the other party). So, between 11 PM and 1:00 AM , the people that had been at Joy´s headed to a party at Michelle Elder´s house (a mile from the APCO A-Mart).

The girls and their friends stayed there until 1:50, when the police broke up the party.

A few minutes later, Shane Appleby (was he also at Brian´s party?)drove the girls back to Joy´s house. This point is a bit confusing, because I read that Appleby was the one who drove the girls the Elder´s and back to Brian Joy´s house.

Now, at this point, between 2:00 AM and 2:20 AM (the last time Janelle, supposedly, last saw the girls, and Mrs. Kirby last heard the girls saying "let´s go to my house" or something like that), the girls returned to Brian Joy´s house, but he told the girls that they had to spend the night somewhere else.
This is when Janelle invites them to her house. After this, what we know is that the girls didn´t stay at the Kirbys´and went to Suzie´s house (according to Janelle and her mom).

Doubts: When Stacy called her mom at 10:00 PM, did she lie about staying at Janelle´s house? Why? Or are the rest of the friends lying? According to Shane Appleby, he drove the girls back to Joy´s, and then he told them they couldn´t stay there. (Remember that this is the Appleby Kirby and Henson visited after entering Suzie´s house the next day). What happened, during the night, ,that made Joy change his mind about the girls spending the night at his place?

Appleby and Kirby mentioned that Suzie was feeling sick and that she wanted to go home. I believe that this was mentioned in one of the documentaries, and someone even claimed that Suzie was begging people to go to her house. Was this confirmed by other people at the party? If we analyse the account of the events, it looks as if someone was trying to come up with an excuse that could justify why these three girls went to Suzie´s house when they had told Stacy´s mom and other people that they would stay at Joy's or at Kirby´s.

What do we know about the neighbour that called the police? why did he do that? Were the kids that noisy? He heard someone screaming? Who knows... Just wondering.

Many say people can shut their mouths out of fear. It could be also for protecting someone they love or respect; People can keep quite because, being voluntarily or involuntarily, part of a crime would ruin you and your family´s reputation, or would ruin the plans you had for the future. People could also feel that the victims deserved it. There are a lot of possibilities.

I have a lot of doubts about the timeline.
Around 8PM the girls went to Brian Joy´s house,where a party was held (and the parents were out).

The girls asked Joy if they could spend the night there and he said Yes. But, the strange thing is that, at 10 PM. Stacy called her mom to say they weren´t going to Branson and that the three girls would stay at Janelle´s house (she didn´t say the three of them would stay at Brian Joy´s house, she said Janelle's).

The three girls (remember that Kirby was also with Henson) stayed at Joy´s party until 11:00 PM (in some web pages I found that they left to Hanoover at 1:00 AM(it is worth mentioning that Brian Joy was, supposedly, the person who drove the girls to the other party). So, between 11 PM and 1:00 AM , the people that had been at Joy´s headed to a party at Michelle Elder´s house (a mile from the APCO A-Mart).

The girls and their friends stayed there until 1:50, when the police broke up the party.

A few minutes later, Shane Appleby (was he also at Brian´s party?)drove the girls back to Joy´s house. This point is a bit confusing, because I read that Appleby was the one who drove the girls the Elder´s and back to Brian Joy´s house.

Now, at this point, between 2:00 AM and 2:20 AM (the last time Janelle, supposedly, last saw the girls, and Mrs. Kirby last heard the girls saying "let´s go to my house" or something like that), the girls returned to Brian Joy´s house, but he told the girls that they had to spend the night somewhere else.
This is when Janelle invites them to her house. After this, what we know is that the girls didn´t stay at the Kirbys´and went to Suzie´s house (according to Janelle and her mom).

Doubts: When Stacy called her mom at 10:00 PM, did she lie about staying at Janelle´s house? Why? Or are the rest of the friends lying? According to Shane Appleby, he drove the girls back to Joy´s, and then he told them they couldn´t stay there. (Remember that this is the Appleby Kirby and Henson visited after entering Suzie´s house the next day). What happened, during the night, ,that made Joy change his mind about the girls spending the night at his place?

Appleby and Kirby mentioned that Suzie was feeling sick and that she wanted to go home. I believe that this was mentioned in one of the documentaries, and someone even claimed that Suzie was begging people to go to her house. Was this confirmed by other people at the party? If we analyse the account of the events, it looks as if someone was trying to come up with an excuse that could justify why these three girls went to Suzie´s house when they had told Stacy´s mom and other people that they would stay at Joy's or at Kirby´s.

What do we know about the neighbour that called the police? why did he do that? Were the kids that noisy? He heard someone screaming? Who knows... Just wondering.

excellent refresher Alfon (hope its ok to shorten :) )
its an enigma and it really shouldn't be.
all those people it should simply gel. give or take.

moo

“believed” sounds like they debunked it.
Incorrect..
That is out of the context of the lede, and was before two more digs that came from the info.... also judge-approved

Police don’t pay for backhoes and get search warrants because some prisoner is making crap up.
There’s a connection to the case straight up, so what was it?? Thats all I want to know..

Suzie was at parties with men connected directly to Garrison the months leading up to the disappearance...Mike admitted to this.. on South Marlan St was one of them

if Garrison is wrong....why pick his info over 1000 other leads flying into PD’s desk ?

Many say people can shut their mouths out of fear. It could be also for protecting someone they love or respect; People can keep quite because, being voluntarily or involuntarily, part of a crime would ruin you and your family´s reputation, or would ruin the plans you had for the future. People could also feel that the victims deserved it. There are a lot of possibilities.
if The house was being cased by someone in a van leading up to the disappearance....have to ask WHY? What did Sherrill and Suzie know that they needed to be ‘confronted’ over by these psychos ?

drugs is the only answer... They knew about the operation and someone didnt like it—knowing she would testify in court soon over an unrelated vandal case

there’s also this myth that Sherrill was a ‘hermit’ yet she partied with her coworkers, had friends who were salon clients and Mary keller, Janet Oliveras, etc had many men in her life (according to Bartt these men enjoyed drinking typically..and would get violent)... there’s plenty of opportunities for her to come in contact with shady characters....with the timing of getting the house, and needing money for fixing it up.....plenty of time for handymen etc to get a feel for the place.......and it being in isolation also means it’s easy for someone with a known robbing history to check out the house (Riedel maybe ?, GJ3?)..
I think it’s time to reconsider drug dealing angle because multi-abduction cases (adults, not children..) in the past are usually related to this matter when there’s no serial killer M O

user @asyousay once declared that random sexual assault had to be ruled out with the third car in the driveway because no one is seeing an “opportunity” there when there’s an unfamiliar car.....that tells me @Bookkeeper2 is right that the perp(s) saw the car, recognized the anomaly and preceded as planned...........
there’s no situation where this crime isn’t done by someone that doesnt have knowledge of the Delmar house to some degree..

Last edited:
sounds like a rumor...never heard this

Police Incident Report #8220 as posted in the thread titled The Springfield Three>Basic Information:

#8220;Kirby and Henson stated Stacy and Suzanne told them they were going to go to Suzanne’s house later in the morning and they would all to White Water [water amusement park in Branson.

I do not have access to the actual report, just what is posted....

Police Incident Report #8220 as posted in the thread titled The Springfield Three>Basic Information:

#8220;Kirby and Henson stated Stacy and Suzanne told them they were going to go to Suzanne’s house later in the morning and they would all to White Water [water amusement park in Branson.

I do not have access to the actual report, just what is posted....
Thats not what your post said...
you said Suzie and Stacy implies they were going somewhere else ( context of the post was the sightings that night ) before ultimately ending up at Janelle’s..... this is merely proven wrong objectively because Suzie’s car was retrieved and they drove separately; there’s nothing in incident report suggesting this either

Oh, sorry. Didn't mean to imply that.

I meant that they told Janelle they would go to Suzie's later, but implied they would be going somewhere else first after leaving Janelle's.

At least, that's the way I read it. This is what made me think of the restaurant sighting...

Sorry for the mix up. My bad...

Oh, sorry. Didn't mean to imply that.

I meant that they told Janelle they would go to Suzie's later, but implied they would be going somewhere else first after leaving Janelle's.

At least, that's the way I read it. This is what made me think of the restaurant sighting...

Sorry for the mix up. My bad...
no worries...

I see what you mean now.. yeah I think they went straight to Delmar.. I don’t think that’s disputed..

I personally do not believe George’s sighting

Did the police dispute/disprove that the girls went somewhere before going to Suzie's? I can't find posted anywhere that they did or didn't.
It would be interesting to find out if the girls did go somewhere before going to Suzie's.

That's why I found the restaurant sighting interesting, but it doesn't seem to pan out - the police couldn't find who waited on them.

So I wonder what Suzie meant when she said "...later in the morning..."

Did the police dispute/disprove that the girls went somewhere before going to Suzie's? I can't find posted anywhere that they did or didn't.
It would be interesting to find out if the girls did go somewhere before going to Suzie's.

That's why I found the restaurant sighting interesting, but it doesn't seem to pan out - the police couldn't find who waited on them.

So I wonder what Suzie meant when she said "...later in the morning..."

Reporting Officer Rick Bookout Incidental Report - Ref Complaint No. 92-40169 6/8/92 Time 0250

Quote: "Kirby and Henson stated Stacy and Suzanne told them they were going to go to Suzanne's house to spend the night and for them to call Suzanne's house later in the morning and they would all go to White Water. Kirby and Henson stated Stacy and Suzanne then left, each driving their own vehicle. Ms. Kirby stated she called Suzanne's house several times starting around 0730 Hrs."

OK. Could this be a mixup in the translation from one person to another?

Could one officer's report say that JK reported that Suzie said they would go to Suzie's 'later that morning' and another officer's report say that Suzie told Janelle to 'call her later in the morning at her house'? A difference in what two people heard?

Maybe this is just beating a dead horse. I just thought it might prove interesting if Suzie and Stacy went somewhere before going to Suzie's. It looks like they didn't...

Thanks...i think it's possible for the sighting to be bogus..not convinced entirely.. however i dont discount the sighting of the vehicle near the Signal station or the van sightings in Delmar neighborhood leading up to the disappearance,...

I agree about the van driving through the neighborhood prior to the abductions. I believe the vehicle seen at the Signal station is likely true.

I believe strongly to an absolute certainty that the APCO sighting was totally debunked through known facts and logical thinking. I am mystified why it continues to come up. My recollection also is that the woman, later identified, was also driving a different vehicle. I just don’t get it.

OK. Could this be a mixup in the translation from one person to another?

Could one officer's report say that JK reported that Suzie said they would go to Suzie's 'later that morning' and another officer's report say that Suzie told Janelle to 'call her later in the morning at her house'? A difference in what two people heard?

Maybe this is just beating a dead horse. I just thought it might prove interesting if Suzie and Stacy went somewhere before going to Suzie's. It looks like they didn't...

I do not know of anything that suggests the women went anywhere after they left Janelle’s home.

I do not know of anything that suggests the women went anywhere after they left Janelle’s home.

Yeah. Just that one early report I quoted but that seems to be contradicted in Bookkeeper's post.

I just thought it might be a lead to someone or someones that Suzie and Stacy may have met after leaving Janelle's, but it doesn't look like it now.

user @asyousay once declared that random sexual assault had to be ruled out with the third car in the driveway because no one is seeing an “opportunity” there when there’s an unfamiliar car.....that tells me @Bookkeeper2 is right that the perp(s) saw the car, recognized the anomaly and preceded as planned...........
there’s no situation where this crime isn’t done by someone that doesnt have knowledge of the Delmar house to some degree..

Unless Stacy was the main target. It would be far easier to get at her at Suzie's house, as her own mother clearly kept a very tight ship.

I know, it seems like a very long shot to me too, but every other possibility has been thrown out there, so we might as well consider this one too. Everybody seems to assume the target had to be Sherrill or Suzie and perhaps people have neglected to look as closely into Stacy's background and relationships as a result.

Unless Stacy was the main target. It would be far easier to get at her at Suzie's house, as her own mother clearly kept a very tight ship.

I know, it seems like a very long shot to me too, but every other possibility has been thrown out there, so we might as well consider this one too. Everybody seems to assume the target had to be Sherrill or Suzie and perhaps people have neglected to look as closely into Stacy's background and relationships as a result.

It can’t be ruled out. She could have been the target. Possibly by someone she met at the Hanover party.

Having said that it would seem less likely. One of the clues were the cracked blinds in Suzie’s bedroom. One might be drawn to the idea she recognized the vehicle and the person exiting the vehicle.

From the outset it has been the operating assumption that this individual was “trusted” enough to allow entry. The possible individuals would seem logically to have been small in number. It has been stated frequently that Sherrill was very security minded. It would seem unlikely she would have allowed entry.

However, if one reads the newspaper link above it makes the suggestion an person of authority would be allowed in. Offhand, the only people I can think of who would be allowed in would be a police officer at that time of night.

If Stacy was the target, then they wouldn't have waited around until she was at a foreign house with foreign people (Suzie/Sherrill) before making their move..

Stacy's last minute plans proves she wasn't the target.... I think it's safely ruled out

No one is assuming when it comes to Sherrill/Suzie........it's what the FBI said happened with way more information than any of us have at their disposal.. The perps knew the "comings and goings" of the house..

James Wright (FBI agent who looked into this case) is a professional with years/decades of solving the wildest crimes. His book is a must-read. I believe what he says....If you can get Ozarks Public Television video on his Q & A from 1992 on this case......you got to hear it. He has great insight on what probably happened...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChillThrills