MO - Sherrill Levitt, 47, Suzie Streeter, 19, & Stacy McCall, 18, Springfield, 7 June 1992 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
James Wright: "
Investigators are hopeful the possible secondary suspects

will come forward. Those people - or people close to them

- may not be contacting police out of fear of the primary

kidnapper, he said.

"

To me....if someone like Garrison was involved,,or maybe even an outsider like Riedel...... the people he is wanting to come forward are people like Recla and/or Clay..........imo. People who didnt do anything wrong but may know that there are certain unaswered questions about people they once knew way back when....someone(s) with bad alibis..............

have to ask yourself this: why is Garrison never brought up in the TV shows about this case...? To me if suspects are "legit" they are kept quiet......thats why I wonder about the ones not "talked about much"..

However, if one reads the newspaper link above it makes the suggestion an person of authority would be allowed in. Offhand, the only people I can think of who would be allowed in would be a police officer at that time of night.
Do you consider 'person of authority' only a cop/LE type... or maybe someone with a commanding presence ?... like if it was a 20s-30s person with a big build and very alpha-male features that would make the women listen..

Do you consider 'person of authority' only a cop/LE type... or maybe someone with a commanding presence ?... like if it was a 20s-30s person with a big build and very alpha-male features that would make the women listen..

I do. I believe only a cop would be trusted at that time of night. The house had a storm door that swung in the opposite direction of the entry door. It would have been possible to speak and have a clear view of the officer’s vehicle.

I have a lot of doubts about the timeline.
Around 8PM the girls went to Brian Joy´s house,where a party was held (and the parents were out).

The girls asked Joy if they could spend the night there and he said Yes. But, the strange thing is that, at 10 PM. Stacy called her mom to say they weren´t going to Branson and that the three girls would stay at Janelle´s house (she didn´t say the three of them would stay at Brian Joy´s house, she said Janelle's).

The three girls (remember that Kirby was also with Henson) stayed at Joy´s party until 11:00 PM (in some web pages I found that they left to Hanoover at 1:00 AM(it is worth mentioning that Brian Joy was, supposedly, the person who drove the girls to the other party). So, between 11 PM and 1:00 AM , the people that had been at Joy´s headed to a party at Michelle Elder´s house (a mile from the APCO A-Mart).

The girls and their friends stayed there until 1:50, when the police broke up the party.

A few minutes later, Shane Appleby (was he also at Brian´s party?)drove the girls back to Joy´s house. This point is a bit confusing, because I read that Appleby was the one who drove the girls the Elder´s and back to Brian Joy´s house.

Now, at this point, between 2:00 AM and 2:20 AM (the last time Janelle, supposedly, last saw the girls, and Mrs. Kirby last heard the girls saying "let´s go to my house" or something like that), the girls returned to Brian Joy´s house, but he told the girls that they had to spend the night somewhere else.
This is when Janelle invites them to her house. After this, what we know is that the girls didn´t stay at the Kirbys´and went to Suzie´s house (according to Janelle and her mom).

Doubts: When Stacy called her mom at 10:00 PM, did she lie about staying at Janelle´s house? Why? Or are the rest of the friends lying? According to Shane Appleby, he drove the girls back to Joy´s, and then he told them they couldn´t stay there. (Remember that this is the Appleby Kirby and Henson visited after entering Suzie´s house the next day). What happened, during the night, ,that made Joy change his mind about the girls spending the night at his place?

Appleby and Kirby mentioned that Suzie was feeling sick and that she wanted to go home. I believe that this was mentioned in one of the documentaries, and someone even claimed that Suzie was begging people to go to her house. Was this confirmed by other people at the party? If we analyse the account of the events, it looks as if someone was trying to come up with an excuse that could justify why these three girls went to Suzie´s house when they had told Stacy´s mom and other people that they would stay at Joy's or at Kirby´s.

What do we know about the neighbour that called the police? why did he do that? Were the kids that noisy? He heard someone screaming? Who knows... Just wondering.

I had never heard of Brian Joy until now. How old was he at the time? Who else lived at his house?

It had to be either a person they knew, or person of authority. Statistically at least, its more likely to have been someone they knew.

Going back to basics a bit here, but I always feel that I know far less about Stacy's life than Suzie and Sherrill's. Did Stacy have any ex boyfriends, ex friends or anyone else with any sort of grudge against her? Were there any boys who had unrequited feelings for her?

After all the one night that somebody comes to the house to cause harm, is also the one night that Stacy is there. Its not outside the realms of possibility that the perp was only there because Stacy was.

I know it sounds unlikely, but after nearly 28 years we need to try and think outside of the box wherever we can, as most avenues of possibility have been well-trodden and have led nowhere so far.

sticking point for me.

Janelle telling news reporters that stacy was 'at that other girls house" yet......
waltzed right into that OTHER GIRLS house and loitered sabotaging a crime scene.

not cohesive statements and actions coming from the last person to see them before they vanished.

something stinks rotten in the blatant obvious.

moo

It’s always stunk of her trying to distance herself from Suzie but the question is why would she want to do that ?

This is an article from June 12, 1992. The former resident of the Delmar Street house talks about her experiences with transients by and in her house. I don't think this was the case but could it have been a transient(s)? Sorry if this was already posted and discussed ad nauseam.

I still don't understand why Janelle and Mike would walk into someone's house, look around and answer the phone. Also, if Janelle was best friends with Stacy (In one of her interviews Janelle claimed to be Stacy's best friend and said they were going to be roommates in college) and she was so worried about the whereabouts of Stacy and Suzy, so worried that she walked into someone's house without permission, why didn't she call Stacy's house?

Attachments

• capture-20200219-150945.png
    capture-20200219-150945.png
    440.9 KB · Views: 24
This is an article from June 12, 1992. The former resident of the Delmar Street house talks about her experiences with transients by and in her house. I don't think this was the case but could it have been a transient(s)? Sorry if this was already posted and discussed ad nauseam.

I still don't understand why Janelle and Mike would walk into someone's house, look around and answer the phone. Also, if Janelle was best friends with Stacy (In one of her interviews Janelle claimed to be Stacy's best friend and said they were going to be roommates in college) and she was so worried about the whereabouts of Stacy and Suzy, so worried that she walked into someone's house without permission, why didn't she call Stacy's house?
I’ve thought about it and maybe Janelle didn’t want to get Stacy in trouble. Janelle might’ve known the McCall’s didn’t allow Stacy to spend the night at Suzie’s and didn’t want to tell Janis. The problem is if Suzie and Stacy didn’t hang out one on one and hadn’t been close in years I don’t know why they would’ve discussed that. I think Stacy might’ve hung out with Suzie more than her parents knew.

It had to be either a person they knew, or person of authority. Statistically at least, its more likely to have been someone they knew.

Going back to basics a bit here, but I always feel that I know far less about Stacy's life than Suzie and Sherrill's. Did Stacy have any ex boyfriends, ex friends or anyone else with any sort of grudge against her? Were there any boys who had unrequited feelings for her?

After all the one night that somebody comes to the house to cause harm, is also the one night that Stacy is there. Its not outside the realms of possibility that the perp was only there because Stacy was.

I know it sounds unlikely, but after nearly 28 years we need to try and think outside of the box wherever we can, as most avenues of possibility have been well-trodden and have led nowhere so far.
Do you think the girls made it back to the Delmar house that night?

I agree. I don’t feel like we have a very good idea of who Stacy was.

I agree. I don’t feel like we have a very good idea of who Stacy was.

That’s because most people believe she was in the wrong place at the wrong time and the crime had absolutely nothing at all to do with her so I think people naturally speak less about her as she seems less important in solving the crime.

IMO

That’s because most people believe she was in the wrong place at the wrong time and the crime had absolutely nothing at all to do with her so I think people naturally speak less about her as she seems less important in solving the crime.

IMO
Agreed...
Stacy wasnt the target of this crime... nothing points to that with the last minute changes...if she was, they would have not bothered with sherrill....cuz why stop at sherrill and not go find and kill Janis too? Makes no sense..
And just because I think some combo of Suzie/Sherrill was the target doesnt mean I think they are bad or deserving of any of this.........people seem to think if you point out that they were targets that you're disparaging them,, and thats not the case.. emotional responses to the victims is not logical and will not solve this case

I had never heard of Brian Joy until now. How old was he at the time? Who else lived at his house?

He was a friend of the girls. He had graduated from Kickapoo in 1991. He lived next to janelle's house. I have no idea who lived with him. All I know is that he declared the girls were going to spend the night there (although Stacy called her mom at 10:00 PM and told her she would sleep at janelle´s) and when they returned from the Elder's party ( around 2:00 AM), he changed his mind and told the girls to go somewhere else. That is the moment when Janelle, supposedly, invited the girls to her house, but they couldn´t stay because of the Kirby´s relatives.

Agreed...
Stacy wasnt the target of this crime... nothing points to that with the last minute changes...if she was, they would have not bothered with sherrill....cuz why stop at sherrill and not go find and kill Janis too? Makes no sense..

We should start thinking, therefore, if the last minute changes were actually "last minute changes". We rely on the declaration of people who have contradicted themselves and who have corrupted the "primary and/or secondary crime scene". Just think, for one minute, if the so called grave robbers were the ones who had done that.

And just because I think some combo of Suzie/Sherrill was the target doesnt mean I think they are bad or deserving of any of this.........people seem to think if you point out that they were targets that you're disparaging them,, and thats not the case.. emotional responses to the victims is not logical and will not solve this case

I agree with you that people (included myself) gets annoyed when the lives and backgrounds of Suzie and Sherrill are put under the spotlight. These feelings are not ilogical when you think how the media, "friends" and some members of the SPD referred to these two women. It is fine to investigate all of the victims. The problem here is that this line of investigation (that connects the disappearance with Suzie and her mom´s circle) got them to nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member