MO - Sherrill Levitt, 47, Suzie Streeter, 19, & Stacy McCall, 18, Springfield, 7 June 1992 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering if a serial killer could have been involved in kidnapping the women. As @Nixaeagle said graduation parties with drunk kids could be ideal hunting ground. However the abductions occurred either someone knew what they were doing or they were very lucky (if that's the right word).
I know that Larry DeWayne Hall's name comes up in this case. Was he ever considered a suspect in this case?

Her own friends don’t say that.... there are some who say she danced & partied and went out a lot with her coworkers at the salon.........have you talked to Dale Mills and Mary Keller ? They were with her on the night of the 5th..
Plus how does she meet all these men who were known to be violent (Bartt’s words in Disappeared) if she doesnt date ?

Do you have quotes to back up what you are saying about Sherilll as I know her room mate spoke very highly of her and she certainly didn’t mention anything of what you are implying.

I know that Larry DeWayne Hall's name comes up in this case. Was he ever considered a suspect in this case?
The Hall brothers were really into Civil War reenactments. They would travel for those and one was the 165 anniversary of one in 1991 in Springfield. I think they also had a sister that lived there . Anyway , for whatever reason they couldn't place them in Springfield the following summer.

Do you have quotes to back up what you are saying about Sherilll as I know her room mate spoke very highly of her and she certainly didn’t mention anything of what you are implying.
Dale417 posts Dale is Mary’s Keller’s husband and Mary is mentioned twice in the paper. Mary knew her better than most....

her old roommate wasn’t her only Friends.....

Last edited:
Dale417 posts on Proboards... Dale is Mary’s Keller’s husband and Mary is mentioned twice in the paper. Mary knew her better than most....

her old roommate wasn’t her only Friends.....

Can you post a link to it please ?

She did have other friends who painted a lovely picture of her and certainly not of her being a partier.

Can you post a link to it please ?

She did have other friends who painted a lovely picture of her and certainly not of her being a partier.
Its not a websleuths TOS approved link......Ive been told I cant post

Mary Keller is mentioned in the NewsLeader several times. She also talked about Sherrill in the papers (Dale being her husband is easily verified..... Joe Tate also knows him and you can see their friendship and exchanges on facebook)

Here's the one big thing that really bothers me: I don't care how carefully this was planned and set up - it's really hard to get three people out of a house without some sign of struggle as you abduct them. And there is no conclusive proof the light globe was damaged by a struggle.
There just wasn't that much time to stage the house, so any staging that was done must have been quick. Like lining up the purses, but not resetting furniture knocked over in a struggle.
Though the likelihood is really small, it makes me wonder if the abduction took place elsewhere even if it was just the front yard.

I know here are three competing theories currently:
1) Silence
2) Sexual predator
3) Serial killer (which could be a subset of #2)
The one I feel most likely is #1, but I wouldn't totally rule out another scenario. The few facts we know fit better to #1 in my mind.

Here's the one big thing that really bothers me: I don't care how carefully this was planned and set up - it's really hard to get three people out of a house without some sign of struggle as you abduct them. And there is no conclusive proof the light globe was damaged by a struggle.
There just wasn't that much time to stage the house, so any staging that was done must have been quick. Like lining up the purses, but not resetting furniture knocked over in a struggle.
Though the likelihood is really small, it makes me wonder if the abduction took place elsewhere even if it was just the front yard.

I know here are three competing theories currently:
1) Silence
2) Sexual predator
3) Serial killer (which could be a subset of #2)
The one I feel most likely is #1, but I wouldn't totally rule out another scenario. The few facts we know fit better to #1 in my mind.

There is also a chance they weren't taken from the house. Cars were in the driveway and purses were in side the home, but there was no sign of a struggle. People behaved like they didn't think any of the women were returning to the Streeter/Levitt home. Were they just rude or did they have a reason to suspect Suzie, Stacy and Sherrill wouldn't be coming home? Could an accident have happened that caused a cover up? IDK.

There is also a chance they weren't taken from the house. Cars were in the driveway and purses were in side the home, but there was no sign of a struggle. People behaved like they didn't think any of the women were returning to the Streeter/Levitt home. Were they just rude or did they have a reason to suspect Suzie, Stacy and Sherrill wouldn't be coming home? Could an accident have happened that caused a cover up? IDK.
Parents showing up makes it extra weird and I’d really like to know who called them and how that conversation went.

Watch tonight’s episode “ the murder tapes “ you realize no ones out of bounds , and for most trivial reasons . People suck .

Is there a known one that could have targeted the women? There were other murders or disappearances around the time and not far away.

Carnahan is suspected in several others. He is in the slammer and will likely die there in prison. He was convicted of the murder of Jackie Johns and a strong suspect in two others nearby and tried to kidnap another local woman.

What if one of the women were incapacitated already? Drugged, choked out, injured in some way, tied up and the perp made the other two carry her out to the vehicle? They could be controlled that way and only a car could be used; incapacitated person placed in the back seat and other two made to get in the trunk. It could be done. Easily.

What if one of the women were incapacitated already? Drugged, choked out, injured in some way, tied up and the perp made the other two carry her out to the vehicle? They could be controlled that way and only a car could be used; incapacitated person placed in the back seat and other two made to get in the trunk. It could be done. Easily.

A cargo van makes It “ easy “ to believe multiple people removed . So they chase their tail around on the van rabbit hole , when a car or two could have been used , and a LOT less noticeable then a Mopar A van .
I was reading Christina Morris Case on WS .

“Arochi (23)was the last person seen with Christina Morris before she vanished. The two had been former high school classmates. Cameras at The Shops at Legacy in Plano caught Arochi and Morris walking together inside of the shopping center’s parking garage. Detectives found matching DNA samples IN the trunk of Arochi’s car”.

Why even risk taking the victims with you which carries more risk if you are planning to kill them anyway?

The police have consistently said that “sexual assault” was the probable motive; not drugs. The last official police statement in 2012 referred to “the kidnapper” indicating one sole male. I deduce from that this was an unplanned event. IMO it was also carried out someone who evidently knew how to stage the crime scene and of course was greatly assisted by visitors contaminating the crime scene.

Carnahan and Cox....the Ozarks boogeymen. Perps love the focus on them..
We all know Cox's sordid history . His girlfriend lied about his morning alibi and the only one keeping the other in check is his mother. I do agree that they have nothing but time on their hands to play mind games with investigators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truth Exposed