MO - Sherrill Levitt, 47, Suzie Streeter, 19, & Stacy McCall, 18, Springfield, 7 June 1992 #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You think the criminals debate the intricacies of what testimony is allowed before deciding to silence a witness?

For Grave Robbing? I think they would consider that. Suzie dated Dusty and worked with him. He committed a crime while high with friends. His one friend made a plea deal very quickly. He and Suzie work together for months. She goes out with Stacy on graduation night for some reason they supposedly have to spend the night at Suzie's home. They along with Sherrill disappear. How does that realistically connect back to Dusty? Other people worked at the movie theatre. He also made a plea deal meaning she wasn't set to testify against him. Even if she was subpoenaed to testify she would be there in a minor capacity. Anything he told her would be hearsay. The pawnshop owner would be an actual witness. He wasn't killed.

For Grave Robbing? I think they would consider that. Suzie dated Dusty and worked with him. He committed a crime while high with friends. His one friend made a plea deal very quickly. He and Suzie work together for months. She goes out with Stacy on graduation night for some reason they supposedly have to spend the night at Suzie's home. They along with Sherrill disappear. How does that realistically connect back to Dusty? Other people worked at the movie theatre. He also made a plea deal meaning she wasn't set to testify against him. Even if she was subpoenaed to testify she would be there in a minor capacity. Anything he told her would be hearsay. The pawnshop owner would be an actual witness. He wasn't killed.
I believe there is a mistake in assuming nothing more than grave robbing was involved.
Suzie may have only known minor details about the grave robbing, but if someone else thought she (and any of the other two) knew about more crimes than just he grave robbing - there's a big motive now with people beyond the grave robbing circle.
Grave robbing wan't the only crime in Springfield at the time. In fact, I think the position of law enforcement was cracking the grave robbing was an opening to bigger crimes and larger criminals.

I believe there is a mistake in assuming nothing more than grave robbing was involved.
Suzie may have only known minor details about the grave robbing, but if someone else thought she (and any of the other two) knew about more crimes than just he grave robbing - there's a big motive now with people beyond the grave robbing circle.
Grave robbing wan't the only crime in Springfield at the time. In fact, I think the position of law enforcement was cracking the grave robbing was an opening to bigger crimes and larger criminals.
What makes you think that?

How many two-bit thieves have a 100k bounty like Joe had.............

Suzie made a statement in the case files mostly because she picked up Dusty from the police station, she also worked with him even after they broke up. She was never scheduled or even asked to testify. Joe R made a plea deal right away. Suzie had no first hand knowledge of the crime. It also was a stupid crime that didn't require murder of anyone. I don't know why certain people hang on that. lol
Do you have any theories or thoughts about the missing women?
She was sought for a statement....it had nothing to do with being picked up.....there was a reason they talked to her

I've sat on a couple of juries, been a sworn witness at a trial and also went to trial every day the week my stepson's murderers were tried and prosecuted. The lawyers ask questions ONLY about the case being tried. The witnesses answer ONLY the questions asked about the case being tried. That's how it works. Would criminals advance to making three women disappear forever over what one might have said? Sounds like a movie plot, in my opinion, and not a very good one. The theory isn't very good either, IMO. It leaves way too many more loose ends, MUCH MORE attention where none was wanted and too many players to be assured of THEIR silence.
Explain how/why Joe skipped town and why he’s said to have been back in town without any knowledge to Mike ?? And then skips town a SECOND time to be retrieved by a bounty of 100k (check what that is in 1992....murderer level bounty, not a two bit thief bounty)
Explain why Clay and his pals are harassed by cops and supposedly wire tapped etc (his words)........
Then explain how his drug dealers are the number 1 ascertained people for info in this case...?
Suzie talking to the cops worried someone(s).....trial WAS a concern for someone since she already brought up adjacent crimes.... and people kill people for much less,,, fact is “randomly interrupted sexual assault” has never computed.......

Last edited:
What makes you think that?
For one, the amount of attention the police gave to a relatively minor crime. Yes, grave robbing is disgusting. But on the scale of crimes a police department is tasked to deal with it is relatively minor. My opinion is the police expected the circle to grow and include more serious crimes. And all this before the disappearance of three women, that may (or may not) be linked to this. But I'll place my money on the bet that it is all somehow related.

It does make sense that Suzie was killed so she couldn’t talk and that’s why Sherrill was also killed because they didn’t know how much she had told her mum. Stacey was just unfortunately in the wrong place at the wrong time and suffered the consequences of that.

The crime always leads back to Suzie and the people she hung around with imo

Sherrill was a middle aged mum who was practically a saint. No none enemies either and didn’t have a boyfriend ( I know a few Rumours on here say differently but I don’t buy it as her own friends said she didn’t date)

IMO

She was sought for a statement....it had nothing to do with being picked up.....there was a reason they talked to her
Have you seen the case file? It doesn't support what you are saying. If people are being killed for what they know how is anyone still alive? There aren't bodies. The Delmar house was like Grand Central Station with people coming and going. We don't know what happened. It's appealing to think we know. If you blame it on drugs or being around criminals it makes everyone feel like they can control their own safety. If that isn't the case and we focus on the wrong people there is still a killer out there. Maybe looking at this case from different angles or going over each woman's life in the weeks leading up to their disappearance might be a place to start.
Saying someone is guilty doesn't make it so and it doesn't make people safer.

It does make sense that Suzie was killed so she couldn’t talk and that’s why Sherrill was also killed because they didn’t know how much she had told her mum. Stacey was just unfortunately in the wrong place at the wrong time and suffered the consequences of that.

Sherrill was a middle aged mum who was practically a saint. No none enemies either and didn’t have a boyfriend ( I know a few Rumours on here say differently but I don’t buy it as her own friends said she didn’t date)

IMO

Sherrill to me seems like she was in the wrong place. Suzie and Stacy came in contact with many people that night. I would think one or both of them were targets. MOO

Have you seen the case file? It doesn't support what you are saying. If people are being killed for what they know how is anyone still alive? There aren't bodies. The Delmar house was like Grand Central Station with people coming and going. We don't know what happened. It's appealing to think we know. If you blame it on drugs or being around criminals it makes everyone feel like they can control their own safety. If that isn't the case and we focus on the wrong people there is still a killer out there. Maybe looking at this case from different angles or going over each woman's life in the weeks leading up to their disappearance might be a place to start.
I don't think they were killed for what they knew. I think they were killed for what someone thought they might know - and that's a big difference.
I also think they were the only "innocent" people who knew of some of the things going on, even if it was only a small part. The others who were not killed were part of a crime ring, if even on the periphery, and those had a motive (avoiding jail) to keep quiet.

I have seen the case file....anyone can if you request it from SPD...

Mark Webb and other detectives mentioned that Suzie was asked to cooperate with police in building a case against them.... it wasn’t a “hey while you’re here do you mind chatting” situation at all.....

Is there a known one that could have targeted the women? There were other murders or disappearances around the time and not far away.
That’s true .
1-19-91 Trudy Darby Mack’s Creek , Mo
2-27-91 Cheryl Kenney - Nevada , Mo
4-04-91 Angela Hammond Clinton , Mo
Graduations is a great time to blow into town , and not be thought of .
Really though , only one really sticks out .

IMO
Her own friends don’t say that.... there are some who say she danced & partied and went out a lot with her coworkers at the salon.........have you talked to Dale Mills and Mary Keller ? They were with her on the night of the 5th..
Plus how does she meet all these men who were known to be violent (Bartt’s words in Disappeared) if she doesnt date ?

Last edited:
Ironically , there were multiple .
The serial abductors in the ozarks were after women convenient stores (isolated small towns...not middle of a city like Springfield)...Kenney was likely the ex husband too..and Larry Hall/Cox MO was one woman....plus they proved Hall wasnt viable already so that takes him off the table..

however Robb family clan is definitely ON the table

serial killer in general doesn’t compute tho...woulda likely been found by now from a fiber......this crime has the stink of “cover up” all over it

Last edited:
I don't think they were killed for what they knew. I think they were killed for what someone thought they might know - and that's a big difference.
I also think they were the only "innocent" people who knew of some of the things going on, even if it was only a small part. The others who were not killed were part of a crime ring, if even on the periphery, and those had a motive (avoiding jail) to keep quiet.
I think you’re possibly right...

I do think it’s possible that this started as a “scare” mission... someone out to shut Suzie up because the trial/cop cooperation spooked the drug fringe/burglar fringe......the FBI profiler suggests elements were planned (comings and goings knowledge) & unplanned with one or more others brought in to help....this tells me the perp panicked when Stacy came into the equation
It’s no secret Kathee Baird stop reporting on this case and got threats right after her interviews with Garrison.....one can deduce she found out who the primary person(s) were and decided to also keep silent (she also said they were killed by morning)..... how would Garrison or someone he knew know that exactly ?....then you have the Garrison hotel situation....his digs.......his knowledge of “prime info”..... think about it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member