MO - Sherrill Levitt, 47, Suzie Streeter, 19, & Stacy McCall, 18, Springfield, 7 June 1992 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pierce City felon Lawrence G. Timmons, formerly of Springfield, indicted in 31-year-old murder case

NEVER heard of this man but he lived in Springfield MO and has been charged in numerous violent crimes ie. Kidnapping a young boy, murder, and he is now a suspect 2 other cold case murders. Just wanted to see if anyone else has heard of this man and his crimes?

I’m looking at him on Missouri Case Net. Haven’t heard of him. Check his full name. It will show cases in Lawrence County. Does not list the offense. Charges are not shown. Last one was 2/20/20.

Look up him on Google Lawrence County. He had about a dozen aliases and a history of sexual offenses. Believe he was working about 50-60 miles of Springfield. KY3 has an extensive write-up on him. Would appear to be a viable suspect and after all, the police did say it was a sexual assault. Interesting.

He subsequently moved to New York and worked as a real estate agent. A photograph showed him looking very professional. No telling what he has been up to over the the past 35 years.

Last edited:
( three years for this ?? ) unreal .

The 11 year-old approached the residence at 917 E. Normal, where Timmons, who was 23 at the time, was lying on a couch on the porch. The boy talked briefly with Timmons about mowing the lawn. Timmons, who lived at the property with four other males, told the boy he would go ask his wife, who he claimed was inside the house, if she would give the child permission to mow.When Timmons returned, he had a shotgun, and forced the boy into the house and down into the basement. Timmons covered the boy's head with a sack and bound his hands together with bailing twine. Timmons then picked the boy up by one arm and one leg and forced his head into a cooler filled with water.

The attack was interrupted by the arrival of two women at the home. Timmons went to greet the women upstairs, leaving the boy in the basement. Timmons then left with the women, giving the boy a chance to escape out of a basement window, where he ran home and later told Springfield police officers of the attack.

Timmons was convicted of the kidnapping shortly after, and released from prison three years later in the early 1980’s.

I’m looking at him on Missouri Case Net. Haven’t heard of him. Check his full name. It will show cases in Lawrence County. Does not lost the offense. Charges are not shown. Last one was 2/20/20.
Timmons used four separate social security numbers, nine different e-mail addresses, and seventeen different aliases for various fraudulent activities, according to the statement. The aliases are listed as Gene Timmons, Larry Gene Timmons, Eugene Timmons, Timmons Gene Mechele, Karry Timmons, Larry J. Timmons, Lawrence G. Timmons, L. Gene Timmons, Lawrence M. Timmons, L. G. Timmons, Larry Timmons, Larry B. Timmons, Mechele T. Gene, David A. Tombley, and Deborah J. Timmons.

( three years for this ?? ) unreal .

The 11 year-old approached the residence at 917 E. Normal, where Timmons, who was 23 at the time, was lying on a couch on the porch. The boy talked briefly with Timmons about mowing the lawn. Timmons, who lived at the property with four other males, told the boy he would go ask his wife, who he claimed was inside the house, if she would give the child permission to mow.When Timmons returned, he had a shotgun, and forced the boy into the house and down into the basement. Timmons covered the boy's head with a sack and bound his hands together with bailing twine. Timmons then picked the boy up by one arm and one leg and forced his head into a cooler filled with water.

The attack was interrupted by the arrival of two women at the home. Timmons went to greet the women upstairs, leaving the boy in the basement. Timmons then left with the women, giving the boy a chance to escape out of a basement window, where he ran home and later told Springfield police officers of the attack.

Timmons was convicted of the kidnapping shortly after, and released from prison three years later in the early 1980’s.
The first case that's KNOWN dates back to 1976 he's also suspected of killing his wife in the 90's and in another case his Daughters 11 yr. Old friend... I'm wondering what else is not known about his crimes since this is just coming out now..

When and if he gets out I am considering putting him up in my spare bedroom.
You might just want to leave him a little something in your Will.

I know you think Garrison is in the top 6% of all Boy Scouts but the FBI has him classified in the top 1% of all rapists. Lots of factors go into the honor of such a classification based on the acts committed during the rape but probably the only statistic/act suitable to post here is the fact that only 12% of all rapists use a gun, as he did. Even fewer of those 12% penetrate their victim with said gun, as he did. It gets more sick & gorier from there.

The average term imposed for rape convictions is 14 yrs. Garrison got 30 yrs on the rape. Goes to classification & severity of the crime. Contrary to popular belief only 2% of convicted rapists get life sentences.

https://bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/SOO.PDF

Counting jail time served from 1993 Garrison has 7-8 yrs yet before he would come up for parole consideration. Without a Hail Mary pass he's not likely to get out but if he should "someone's got some 'splaining to do" to the FBI, as you like to say.

img
It might have been posted before but I found this interesting. I'm currently going through old papers. Pleasant Hope is 28 Minutes from Delmar. This was on Saturday, June 6, 1992.

I had today off so I took the time to read through old newspapers. I made a thirty-day timeline of all the clippings in order. First 30 Days of The Springfield Three
Honestly, reading all of this gave me such a different perspective than before. I see how this changed people, and I see how the media portrayed Sherrill and Suzie, and how Sherrill's family took charge to stop her name being dragged through the mud. I also see how unfair people were to Bartt, and how concerned he was in also keeping his mother's name clean. This case will haunt me for the rest of my life. Even in the papers, people were running their mouths without knowing facts and judging people they never even met. It's stated numerous times in the 65 articles. I hope to live long enough to see this case solved. I also must admit I was somewhat wrong about the police. This was bigger than them, and strangely enough, also the FBI. Whoever did this crime has managed to cover their tracks. If not in prison, they've somehow found a way to fall asleep every night for the last 28 years. I don't like wishing bad on people, but I hope your mind is consumed with guilt until you crack. I hope every time you look in a mirror you're haunted by their faces, and that you see them in your dreams. I hope every piece of your deformed heart is tormented until you can't take anymore. Most of all, I hope for justice for Sherrill, Suzie, and Stacy, along with answers for their families. With love. Always.
-Seeker

I had today off so I took the time to read through old newspapers. I made a thirty-day timeline of all the clippings in order. First 30 Days of The Springfield Three
Honestly, reading all of this gave me such a different perspective than before. I see how this changed people, and I see how the media portrayed Sherrill and Suzie, and how Sherrill's family took charge to stop her name being dragged through the mud. I also see how unfair people were to Bartt, and how concerned he was in also keeping his mother's name clean. This case will haunt me for the rest of my life. Even in the papers, people were running their mouths without knowing facts and judging people they never even met. It's stated numerous times in the 65 articles. I hope to live long enough to see this case solved. I also must admit I was somewhat wrong about the police. This was bigger than them, and strangely enough, also the FBI. Whoever did this crime has managed to cover their tracks. If not in prison, they've somehow found a way to fall asleep every night for the last 28 years. I don't like wishing bad on people, but I hope your mind is consumed with guilt until you crack. I hope every time you look in a mirror you're haunted by their faces, and that you see them in your dreams. I hope every piece of your deformed heart is tormented until you can't take anymore. Most of all, I hope for justice for Sherrill, Suzie, and Stacy, along with answers for their families. With love. Always.
-Seeker

That is a fabulous job you have done. Much appreciated. I hope you are successful in getting Nancy Grace to look at this case.

I would make two suggestions.

Concentrate on who could have gotten into the house that night or lured them out.

The second thing I would do is to talk to Mark Webb. No one I have talked to had a bad word to say about him. THAT COULD NOT BE SAID ABOUT TWO OTHER OFFICERS WHO WERE INVOLVED WITH THIS INVESTIGATION.

Many other officers were competent and honest but not in the inner circle and information was not shared with them.

I will Mule. I will bother the internet every day for the next 50 years if I have to. I will not let the person who did this erase their names. Sherrill, Suzie, and Stacy deserve justice. The families deserve answers.

That is a fabulous job you have done. Much appreciated. I hope you are successful in getting Nancy Grace to look at this case.

I would make two suggestions.

Concentrate on who could have gotten into the house that night or lured them out.

The second thing I would do is to talk to Mark Webb. No one I have talked to had a bad word to say about him. THAT COULD NOT BE SAID ABOUT TWO OTHER OFFICERS WHO WERE INVOLVED WITH THIS INVESTIGATION.

Many other officers were competent and honest but not in the inner circle and information was not shared with them.
They didn't have to answer the door to a trusted person for someone to gain entry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appleatcha