MO - Sherrill Levitt, 47, Suzie Streeter, 19, & Stacy McCall, 18, Springfield, 7 June 1992 #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If sherrill kept the side door key how would Suzy enter them at night if sherrill was asleep? Always wake her or maybe sherrill would leave a door unlocked for Suzy to come home, it's late suzy and stacy come home don't lock the door behind them

If sherrill kept the side door key how would Suzy enter them at night if sherrill was asleep? Always wake her or maybe sherrill would leave a door unlocked for Suzy to come home, it's late suzy and stacy come home don't lock the door behind them

Sorry a security conscious person does not leave doors unlocked. Especially when it’s middle of the night.

It’s odds on that somebody they knew knocked that night to get inside the home.

I've emailed Nancy Grace. I Will let you know if and when she replies. In the meantime, I'm searching for a few addresses. Trying to see if I can locate a few people who were at the parties. Also, I leave for Springfield on June 5.

That would be true if it was unlocked, but Sherrill was said to be very security conscious and it was told to me that Sherrill took Suzie’s side door key away from her. Suzie did not have that key on her keychain.

So Suzie has been documented by that story of not locking up . After a long day and long drive home it’s not impossible to believe that she failed to lock the front door that night .

OR the girls were contacted before they got in the door , and globe was broken during that scuffle .
Statistics would say most women are abducted trying to get into / out of their cars at night / early morning hours . Such as Kelsey Smith , J Kesse , Jody H ect ...
It makes sense because you’re more vulnerable then, than after being secured inside your home.

So Suzie has been documented by that story of not locking up . After a long day and long drive home it’s not impossible to believe that she failed to lock the front door that night .

OR the girls were contacted before they got in the door , and globe was broken during that scuffle .
Statistics would say most women are abducted trying to get into / out of their cars at night / early morning hours . Such as Kelsey Smith , J Kesse , Jody H ect ...
It makes sense because you’re more vulnerable then, than after being secured inside your home.

The fact this would of been drilled into Suzie and the fact she then lost her keys over it I would say it’s a big stretch to then say in the middle of the night she didn’t lock up.

During the day it may happen as you would be a lot less security conscious but at 3am even after a long night you don’t forget to lock up.

MOO

I say less like at 3am when you're exhausted and ready for bed possibly buzzed from the parties and as previously mentioned she was known for not locking up. Say Larry hall for example was stalking them saw them enter waited tried the door and in he goes.

I say less like at 3am when you're exhausted and ready for bed possibly buzzed from the parties and as previously mentioned she was known for not locking up. Say Larry hall for example was stalking them saw them enter waited tried the door and in he goes.

It’s hardly exhausting turning a bolt or a key :p

No proof, but I think Suzie arriving home unexpectedly would wake her mother, and she would get up to find out what was going on.

My 18 YO son comes home at odd hours sometimes and it never fails to wake my wife (it's the mom in her). I'd expect the same of Sherrill.

Then, while the girls are in the bathroom preparing for bed, Sherrill would make sure all the doors are locked and secured.

But then what about that window in Sherrill's bedroom being open and the screen out. The bedroom faced the street.

Yes Sherill waking up when the girls arrived and checking on them makes sense to me going on what my parents did when I was 17. That’s why I have never believed the boogeymen theory of somebody hiding in Sherrills room until the girls were asleep.

IMO

What we’re left with is :

Did they make it to Delmar ? If yes

1) did they make it inside ? If yes

a) did they voluntarily exit ? Knock / ruse ?

b) did intruder enter Sherrill’s open window ?

c) did intruder enter unlocked door .

We know there was No Forced entry . Has to be one of those scenarios .

I'm unclear as to whether the police ever found any un-identified prints. I can't find any data on that.

Does this point to the perp(s) wearing gloves (which strongly implies planning)? Otherwise they'd have to be real careful.

Or the perp(s) didn't care or the prints were obliterated on Sunday with all those people coming and going (which is another strange thing to me)...

No proof, but I think Suzie arriving home unexpectedly would wake her mother, and she would get up to find out what was going on.

My 18 YO son comes home at odd hours sometimes and it never fails to wake my wife (it's the mom in her). I'd expect the same of Sherrill.

Then, while the girls are in the bathroom preparing for bed, Sherrill would make sure all the doors are locked and secured.

But then what about that window in Sherrill's bedroom being open and the screen out. The bedroom faced the street.

That’s possible but it seems probable coming into the house would have been very difficult without leaving some evidence such as scratches, smudges, etc. So far as I know such a possible entry has never been publicized. I would doubt that was the entry point.

All evidence points them making it home and in bed.

Stacey had never been there before and they found a thumb print and then add in the wet wash cloths and Stacey’s belongings point to getting undressed.

If they were contacted at the door they could have been hoarded in quickly , control Sherrill , stage scene and leave .

Did they find a Stacy fingerprint ? And Wet washcloths ? Was that in a N-L article ?
I’ll have to re read all the articles Seeker posted , it’s been a while .

I'm unclear as to whether the police ever found any un-identified prints. I can't find any data on that.

Does this point to the perp(s) wearing gloves (which strongly implies planning)? Otherwise they'd have to be real careful.

Or the perp(s) didn't care or the prints were obliterated on Sunday with all those people coming and going (which is another strange thing to me)...
Burglars and rapist carry “kits “ and could have them on hand for when an opportunity arrises .
They could’ve been out trolling around early morning looking for a target, but not necessarily having a specific plan.

If they were contacted at the door they could have been hoarded in quickly , control Sherrill , stage scene and leave .

Did they find a Stacy fingerprint ? And Wet washcloths ? Was that in a N-L article ?
I’ll have to re read all the articles Seeker posted , it’s been a while .

I don’t think anybody staging a crime scene would wet a face cloth and pretend like they had cleaned make up off their faces and a male’s brain wouldn’t even think like that I don’t think.

IMO

Last edited:
I had today off so I took the time to read through old newspapers. I made a thirty-day timeline of all the clippings in order. First 30 Days of The Springfield Three
Honestly, reading all of this gave me such a different perspective than before. I see how this changed people, and I see how the media portrayed Sherrill and Suzie, and how Sherrill's family took charge to stop her name being dragged through the mud. I also see how unfair people were to Bartt, and how concerned he was in also keeping his mother's name clean. This case will haunt me for the rest of my life. Even in the papers, people were running their mouths without knowing facts and judging people they never even met. It's stated numerous times in the 65 articles. I hope to live long enough to see this case solved. I also must admit I was somewhat wrong about the police. This was bigger than them, and strangely enough, also the FBI. Whoever did this crime has managed to cover their tracks. If not in prison, they've somehow found a way to fall asleep every night for the last 28 years. I don't like wishing bad on people, but I hope your mind is consumed with guilt until you crack. I hope every time you look in a mirror you're haunted by their faces, and that you see them in your dreams. I hope every piece of your deformed heart is tormented until you can't take anymore. Most of all, I hope for justice for Sherrill, Suzie, and Stacy, along with answers for their families. With love. Always.
-Seeker

First I have heard of Adina Ruthrauff. She seems like a sensible sort, since the newspaper reported that she said she became alarmed as soon as Janelle called her Sunday morning, telling her she got no answer at Suzie's. It seems Janelle didn't seem to get concerned till much, much later. Why would that be?

I wonder if Adina was one of the 18 who went to the home before the police were called...

Also, unless they didn't release this information at first, nowhere does it mention the phone calls JK received while being there. It also seems like she started getting nervous around the beginning of July, as that's when she starts getting defensive. I think it's interesting the FBI agent said to look for someone whos being defensive, and he believed someone directly or indirectly knew who was involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025