MO - Six Mohler family members for child sex crimes, Bates City 2009 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't believe Darrel on the run, urge him to turn himself in.

Prosecutor comes forward to say the defendants are innocent until proven guilty.

Is she worried about her case?

Can someone provide a synopsis. I couldn't hear a thing due to static. Thanks.

What's with arresting people before finishing the investigation and verifying tips? That seems old school LE. Most LE do not operate this way anymore.

Darrel Wayne Mohler Not In Custody

POSTED: 4:16 pm CST November 13, 2009
UPDATED: 4:56 pm CST November 13, 2009

<snip>

LEXINGTON, Mo. -- Another member of a family facing child sex abuse charges in western Missouri has been charged with rape in connection with the case.

Darrel Wayne Mohler, of Silver Springs, Fla., was charged Friday with two counts of rape stemming from 1986. Court documents said the 72-year-old suspect was charged in Lafayette County, but he is not in custody.

more here

http://www.kmbc.com/news/21609856/detail.html

I would guess that these alleged child molesters didn't just wake up in 1988 and decide to abuse. It sounds as if the children of Jr. had to be fairly young when all of this began, but before they were born, they had to victimize someone else. Perhaps strangers' children.

Given their high places in the church, is it possible these men are/were connected with the supposed pedophilia ring in Omaha (i.e., the Franklin Conspiracy, the Johnny Gosch Mystery)?

Darrel Wayne Mohler Not In Custody

POSTED: 4:16 pm CST November 13, 2009
UPDATED: 4:56 pm CST November 13, 2009

<snip>

LEXINGTON, Mo. -- Another member of a family facing child sex abuse charges in western Missouri has been charged with rape in connection with the case.

Darrel Wayne Mohler, of Silver Springs, Fla., was charged Friday with two counts of rape stemming from 1986. Court documents said the 72-year-old suspect was charged in Lafayette County, but he is not in custody.

more here

http://www.kmbc.com/news/21609856/detail.html

OK...Isnt Darrel Mohler the relative that just spoke up about how disgusting and repulsive these charges were that were brought against his family ?:waitasec:

OK...Isnt Darrel Mohler the relative that just spoke up about how disgusting and repulsive these charges were that were brought against his family ?:waitasec:

Yes - quote from yesterday
"Darrel Mohler, brother of Burrell Mohler Sr., said Thursday that he hasn't seen his brother for years and the two were never close. "I'm 72, and this kind of struck me right in the gut," he said."

"Darrel Mohler, brother of Burrell Mohler Sr., said Thursday that he hasn't seen his brother for years and the two were never close. "I'm 72, and this kind of struck me right in the gut," he said."

What probably struck him in the gut was knowing that he was next.

This whole case makes me sick to my stomach.

Yeah his guilt struck him right in the gut....sicko!

I've been wracking my brain for days about the jars. I just knew that I'd heard this somewhere before. I thought that I'd read a children's book with this theme but couldn't find a thing. It finally hit me. Several years ago, I read an article in a crafts magazine about "journal jars". You take a jar, like a peanut butter jar, and fold up wishes, dreams, and inspirational quotes to hide inside it. I did some research and came up with this on a Mormon site:

http://www.lightplanet.com/mormons/ywc/journaljars.htm

I have no idea how long Mormon girls have been doing this but I also came across some possible historical basis for this within the Mormon belief:

http://mi.byu.edu/publications/books/?bookid=9&chapid=75

Could this be what the alleged victims were instructed to do with their painful memories? From the first site:

"Preserve your memories - seal them up well.
What you forget, you can never retell.
But a journal that's kept fresh on the shelf
Will help someone through rough times --
Maybe even yourself!"

I believe the two elderly brothers were raised in the traditional FLDS faith. I've researched this family including the children and Nauvoo, IL is a common theme in their religious faith. Nauvoo is where Joseph Smith left after being kicked out of Missouri.

The following explains Warren Jeffs/FLDS ultimate goal to returning to Missouri.

Like all the FLDS prophets before him, Warren Jeffs routinely taught his followers that the church would some day relocate to Jackson County, Missouri, the place where Mormon founder Joseph Smith tried and failed to establish Zion in the 1830’s.

Facing an extermination order from Missouri Governor Lilburn W. Boggs, and following several bloody attacks by the Missouri Militia in 1839, Joseph Smith led his followers out of the state and took them to Nauvoo, Illinois. Developments there eventually led to Smith’s 1844 assassination in nearby Carthage, Illinois.

Since that day, many Mormon faithful, including several fundamentalist sects like the FLDS, have believed that the church would someday return to Missouri where Smith’s Zion would be rebuilt.

As recently as the annual FLDS conference, held April 6, 2002, in Colorado City, AZ, Warren Jeffs spoke on behalf of his ailing father, Rulon Jeffs, and told the church faithful that Zion was to be reestablished in Missouri. His plans apparently changed shortly after the death of his father five months later. By November of 2003 the YFZ Land corporation had been formed and property was being acquired here in Schleicher County.

We will have to agree to disagree on this issue! I have sympathy for every soul on this Earth, bar none. For me, that has always been the most powerful response to evil.

Well now I'm confused. First you said empathy and now you say sympathy. There is a difference.

I pray for and have some sympathy for lost souls, but I don't have (or feel) empathy towards them.

And yes, we will have to agree to disagree on this issue.

What's with arresting people before finishing the investigation and verifying tips? That seems old school LE. Most LE do not operate this way anymore.

I checked casenet and he wasn't charged with anything. What's it called when they take someone into custody knowing they can only hold them for 24 hours or something like that ?
I'm thinking that was the case here. Maybe scaring him to get him to spill on someone else ? If that's the case, based on the new warrant, I think it worked.

I checked casenet and he wasn't charged with anything. What's it called when they take someone into custody knowing they can only hold them for 24 hours or something like that ?
I'm thinking that was the case here. Maybe scaring him to get him to spill on someone else ? If that's the case, based on the new warrant, I think it worked.

Don't remember where I read it, but it was said Kidd was arrested on suspicion of child rape....so sounds like LE hauled him in, talked to him then let him go w/o charging him.

He lives in Florida. 2 charges of rape, both instances on 03/19/1986.

I hope it's not the same victim, she would have been 3 years old.

Regarding the alleged abortion:

How did they know this little girl was pregnant? Was she showing? If so, isn't this something that the women in her life would have noticed?

I wonder if that is what brought the abuse to an end for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member